Username
Password

10:53 AM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
Everyone I've spoken to who went said they were inspired choices. Have to wait and see on Saturday if they do the same set

The fuck does this even mean?
11:05 AM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Lol I'd be so pissed if they closed with "National Anthem." I've grown to dislike that song.

It's growing into one of my favorites on Handwritten for me.

'She just screams that I promised her more than this/take it easy baby, it ain't over yet' is for me, hands down, the best line in the album.
11:12 AM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
S/T
There's a lot of buzz around Lenny
I love both of those songs, I just like it a lot better when bands open and close with high energy songs.
11:13 AM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
It's growing into one of my favorites on Handwritten for me.

'She just screams that I promised her more than this/take it easy baby, it ain't over yet' is for me, hands down, the best line in the album.

I like that line, but for a lot of the first verse Fallon gets on his crotchety old-fashioned look-at-me soapbox (not the best way to describe it, but hopefully you know what I mean), which is just incredibly unappealing to me lyrically, especially four records into their career. We get it dude. You're a thing of the past. The title track is guilty of some of the same shit, but it's interesting enough musically and melody-wise that I don't mind, but "National Anthem" is a snooze in both of those categories in my book.

That being said, Fallon's lyrics are top-notch all over Handwritten, I'm just kind of harsh because I know what he's capable of I suppose.
11:20 AM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
CubbyNick42
@NickDevlin
Atlanta, GA
Male - 29 Years Old
I like the idea of a dude asking like 10 different people what they thought of the setlist, and all of them responded, "Inspired."
11:23 AM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
I like the idea of a dude asking like 10 different people what they thought of the setlist, and all of them responded, "Inspired."

Yeah because that obviously makes it so
11:25 AM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
I like that line, but for a lot of the first verse Fallon gets on his crotchety old-fashioned look-at-me soapbox (not the best way to describe it, but hopefully you know what I mean), which is just incredibly unappealing to me lyrically, especially four records into their career. We get it dude. You're a thing of the past. The title track is guilty of some of the same shit, but it's interesting enough musically and melody-wise that I don't mind, but "National Anthem" is a snooze in both of those categories in my book.

That being said, Fallon's lyrics are top-notch all over Handwritten, I'm just kind of harsh because I know what he's capable of I suppose.

I disagree with most of this, but 'opinions and assholes' and all that. I view the 'old sound/old soul' as the most noticable part of TGA, so I don't
really feel the way you do about it.
11:33 AM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
I disagree with most of this, but 'opinions and assholes' and all that. I view the 'old sound/old soul' as the most noticable part of TGA, so I don't
really feel the way you do about it.

That's fair, I suppose. I realize I might have come off as if I hate that aspect of them, which I don't, however it does get a bit tiresome at times to my ears. Just my asshole...er opinion though haha.
01:19 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
The fuck does this even mean?

I don't understand your confusion quite simply. They may be odd choices on paper, but they worked very well.
01:23 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
S/T
There's a lot of buzz around Lenny
I really didn't expect it, but The Queen of Lower Chelsea was one of the highlights of the set last time I saw them.
01:24 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
I don't understand your confusion quite simply. They may be odd choices on paper, but they worked very well.

Okay well I'm not going to quibble over semantics I suppose, but I don't get "inspired." I think "Mae" would be a cool opener however.
01:28 PM on 10/16/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
I saw them open with "Mae" and it was awesome.
12:36 AM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
Confuses me as how people have never heard the phrase 'an inspired choice'.
08:02 AM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
CubbyNick42
@NickDevlin
Atlanta, GA
Male - 29 Years Old
Confuses me as how people have never heard the phrase 'an inspired choice'.
Yeah, it couldn't be that you used it in the most pretentious boobish way. It's that we've never heard it. Right.
08:33 AM on 10/17/12 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
Yeah, it couldn't be that you used it in the most pretentious boobish way. It's that we've never heard it. Right.

Calm down.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version