Username
Password

02:26 AM on 04/05/13 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
Not as good as in Manchester in London on Saturday night. Sink Or Swim got almost completely overlooked, but they were brilliant all the same.
06:37 AM on 04/05/13 
User Info.
Jeann1eary
No Avatar Selected
I'm gonna miss the old thread though Oh wellz, it's all good. Let's keep the love going.
03:15 PM on 04/07/13 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
Second show added at Mr Smalls on June 11th. Debating going to both even though it's a bit of a drive for me.

bought tickets for this show and it's cancelled.
04:38 PM on 04/07/13 
User Info.
barkjon
the sunspots in your eyes
Seattle, WA
Male
sink or swim is one of my favorite albums ever.
07:29 PM on 04/07/13 
User Info.
ruptured
Female
bought tickets for this show and it's cancelled.

I saw that yesterday I think. Did they give any explanation? That's a bummer :(
07:30 PM on 04/07/13 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
I saw that yesterday I think. Did they give any explanation? That's a bummer :(

They said scheduling conflicts. I have tickets for the 12th but two straight days woulda been fucking NICE.
10:16 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
ruptured
Female
They said scheduling conflicts. I have tickets for the 12th but two straight days woulda been fucking NICE.

Tell me about it! I was getting ready to buy them the day that they cancelled it. I imagine they would've tried to move the show to AE if there wasn't already a show scheduled there that day.
06:13 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
Rochester, NY
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm more partial to the slower Gaslight Anthem songs like "Here's Lookin' At You Kid" "The National Anthem" "Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts" Etc.

With that being said, I love all of their stuff, I just tend to listen to these songs on repeat often
07:23 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Keele
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
I love the fact they can do both on amazing fashion.

Wonder if the Gaslight Anthem will release anything else this year. We ended up getting Halloween and Desire (acoustic). I know Brian's doing a solo album, but it did sound like he was writing a variety of different music for a while ago. I could go for another EP, iTunes session or a cover contribution. Maybe another track for rpm. I know a full length isn't a real expectation until 2014.
05:41 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
NJ
Male - 15 Years Old
Staff Member

Wonder if the Gaslight Anthem will release anything else this year. We ended up getting Halloween and Desire (acoustic). I know Brian's doing a solo album, but it did sound like he was writing a variety of different music for a while ago. I could go for another EP, iTunes session or a cover contribution. Maybe another track for rpm. I know a full length isn't a real expectation until 2014.

When did this happen?
07:52 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Keele
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
When did this happen?

Back in early January I believe
08:03 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
Male - 25 Years Old

I doubt we'd get more than another song for the fan club. I'm not even sure we'll get Brian's solo project this year.

But yeah, both the slower tempo and faster stuff are all good. I mean, I tend to prefer the faster stuff, but that doesn't stop Blue Jeans from being possibly the greatest song ever recorded and HLAYK from being downright amazing as well.
07:21 AM on 04/10/13 
User Info.
Keele
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
I doubt we'd get more than another song for the fan club. I'm not even sure we'll get Brian's solo project this year.

But yeah, both the slower tempo and faster stuff are all good. I mean, I tend to prefer the faster stuff, but that doesn't stop Blue Jeans from being possibly the greatest song ever recorded and HLAYK from being downright amazing as well.

The fact they can do both amazes me. Blue Jeans, Here's Looking at You, She Loves You, Navesink, and having songs like 59 Sound, Handwritten, American Slang, We Came To Dance and so on.

Are they releasing a Live recording for Record Store Day? I thought I had read that. No track listing was posted. I feel like Brian would want to get that solo album out this year like he did The Horrible Crowes in a non Gaslight Full Length year.
08:25 AM on 04/10/13 
User Info.
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
Male - 25 Years Old
The fact they can do both amazes me. Blue Jeans, Here's Looking at You, She Loves You, Navesink, and having songs like 59 Sound, Handwritten, American Slang, We Came To Dance and so on.

Are they releasing a Live recording for Record Store Day? I thought I had read that. No track listing was posted. I feel like Brian would want to get that solo album out this year like he did The Horrible Crowes in a non Gaslight Full Length year.

Yeah there is like a live cd + book of some kind set they are releasing. I donno. As soon as I saw "live CD" I completely lost interest.
10:38 AM on 04/10/13 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 29 Years Old
They just announced two NYC shows on July 26th and 27th at Pier 26 with the Bouncing Souls and the Hold Steady, respectively. Fuck. Gotta go!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets