Male - 26 Years Old
Brian's latest band: Molly and the Zombies

01:09 PM on 12/30/13 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
I really hope this all winds up recorded somehow. Those songs are great!
06:09 PM on 12/30/13 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
A full-length album exclusively released on 8-track tape!

But really, this stuff sounds awesome; absolutely looking forward to what comes out of that project. The more Fallon, the merrier.
10:22 PM on 12/30/13 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
Indiana
Male - 25 Years Old
These songs are sounding pretty great. Good stuff for sure. Nice Roky Erickson cover too.
11:59 AM on 12/31/13 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
I picked up that Live in London DVD recently and it looks and sounds goood, but - man, it's a bummer to think that so much material was cut from it, especially when you realize that they recorded the band for two nights. The top-notch performance and production values just leave you wanting to see more.

And there's no extra material like "behind-the-scenes"/"on-the-road" footage. Kind of a pointless release; I can understand adding it on to the Handwritten album, but other than that, yeah, I'm not sure why it exists on its own. But I bought it for 12 bucks (using a giftcard) so it was worth it, for that. Hah
08:06 PM on 01/01/14 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
I picked up that Live in London DVD recently and it looks and sounds goood, but - man, it's a bummer to think that so much material was cut from it, especially when you realize that they recorded the band for two nights. The top-notch performance and production values just leave you wanting to see more.

And there's no extra material like "behind-the-scenes"/"on-the-road" footage. Kind of a pointless release; I can understand adding it on to the Handwritten album, but other than that, yeah, I'm not sure why it exists on its own. But I bought it for 12 bucks (using a giftcard) so it was worth it, for that. Hah

I got it for Christmas, and I'm pretty stoked to watch it! One thing I've never understood about a lot of those releases is kind of what you laid out: They film the whole show, but only bother to release like, 25% of the actual performance.

Like, why not include at least an audio version of the whole thing? It needs to be mixed anyway...

But maybe I'm missing something in the process where that wouldn't make sense? Anyway. I'm excited to watch it!
10:49 AM on 01/02/14 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Guess our wishes don't do dishes
Chicago, IL
Male - 23 Years Old
I've always wondered that as well. If I'm buying a live DVD, I want it to be the whole thing, banter between songs and all. The only reason I can think of for not including the whole show is that vocals needed to be overdubbed in a studio, and there were time/money restrictions prohibiting them from doing the whole show.
11:27 AM on 01/02/14 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
Yeah, it's something I've always been curious about too. In the case of this Gaslight live DVD, I can't help but wonder if the label made the decision to cut a lot of the material, for whatever reason?

Well, I hope we get another live DVD from Gaslight in the future, with a complete performance.Hah
07:56 PM on 01/06/14 
User Info.
Polaris
Columbia, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
Anybody listened to these recordings of Red Lights and Sketchy from Molly & The Zombies yet?

http://www.whatstheruckus.com/2014/0...s-sketchy.html

YES.
02:58 AM on 01/07/14 
User Info.
mike'smannequin
Registered Member
New Jersey
Male - 20 Years Old
Anybody listened to these recordings of Red Lights and Sketchy from Molly & The Zombies yet?

http://www.whatstheruckus.com/2014/0...s-sketchy.html

YES.
Hey man thanks for sharing this! This is fantastic
05:47 PM on 01/07/14 
User Info.
Barcara
\rm/
Gaslight had a pretty fantastic set with a fairly solid mix of songs (a few from each record, except American Slang that strangely only had one selection). Highlights included a Ramones cover, Dave Hause singing on "45," and the encore that included 1930, Mulholland Drive, Patient Ferris Wheel, Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts, and the Backseat.

Has there been any video of Dave performing 45 with them? That'd be so awesome to see.
01:02 AM on 01/09/14 
User Info.
mike'smannequin
Registered Member
New Jersey
Male - 20 Years Old
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbNx-Rz0l-E
Anyone see this?
02:03 AM on 01/09/14 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
He seems so uptight nowadays. I understand his apprehension toward always being compared to Springsteen, heck, I don't even like Springsteen all that much, but that whole attempt at a sing along was awkward in the first place let alone when people shouted Bruce.
06:34 AM on 01/09/14 
User Info.
mike'smannequin
Registered Member
New Jersey
Male - 20 Years Old
Super old ... we posted about it when it happened.
Just wondering what ya think about it?
09:03 AM on 01/09/14 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
Indiana
Male - 25 Years Old
So much fan entitlement in the comments on that video. Jesus Christ.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos