Username
Password

06:58 PM on 07/05/13 
User Info.
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
Southern California
Male - 22 Years Old
That reminds me of Paul Ryan saying that he likes Rage and all that mess that ensued after that. Pretty stupid. I would think one wouldn't listen to music that attacks their beliefs that adamantly. But different strokes I guess.
09:30 PM on 07/05/13 
User Info.
SlappedActor
Tread lightly.
People should be able to enjoy whatever music they like, and if it exposes them to a different view, all the better. I don't have nearly the absurdist worldview that Titus Andronicus does, but I still think The Monitor is a top 5 album of this decade. Who cares.
09:37 PM on 07/05/13 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
cellarghosts.tumblr.com
Indiana
Male - 24 Years Old
I think it's fine so long as that person (if they're a politician) doesn't use that artists music. Like Reagan did with "Born in the USA", clearly missing the point of the song. I remember there being a few recent instances of this happening but I forget who specifically was involved.
10:15 PM on 07/05/13 
User Info.
Sensez Fail
South Florida
Male - 25 Years Old
just came across this:

http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/post/5286...es-live-at-the

Searched the store and couldn't find anything yet.

But, if true: YES YES YES.

would love a new record. Elsie is so awesome.
11:03 AM on 07/07/13 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
Well, I'm sure after Brian's Reagan-Bashing in this video gets out, that'll be it for conservative stations playing 'em. haha.

01:05 PM on 07/07/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
we're pieces on the board
Maryland
Male
Nah, they'd have to be megastars for word of that to reach the conservative media. They're oblivious.
01:59 PM on 07/07/13 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
well yeah. that was a joke. hah. anyway, i'd like to see 'em do more punk covers. "bonzo" is a good one.
08:25 PM on 07/07/13 
User Info.
qwerty22
we're pieces on the board
Maryland
Male
Remembering the words was a struggle.

They should do a Jawbreaker or Bouncing Souls next. Or London Calling if you prefer recognizable covers.
08:27 PM on 07/07/13 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
cellarghosts.tumblr.com
Indiana
Male - 24 Years Old
Brian's covered "Gone" and "Say Anything" acoustically at shows before so maybe.
08:38 PM on 07/07/13 
User Info.
S/T
There's a lot of buzz around Lenny
Brian sounds phenomenal in that video of the Ramones cover. One of the better live performances I've heard from him, and I feel like I've watched every one of them on YouTube.
08:42 PM on 07/07/13 
User Info.
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
Male - 25 Years Old
Gaslight is one of the most unpolitical bands with their music. Guys in the band clearly have their opinions, but they let their music be its own thing. So I really don't see how it matters at all who plays their songs where as long as proper copyright rules are being enforced. Shouldn't it just be cool that someone else is playing their music?
09:32 AM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
Sensez Fail
South Florida
Male - 25 Years Old
That just makes me miss their Sink or Swim style even more, Brian sounds great. That's his niche, that's their niche.
03:13 PM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
barkjon
belle and me
Seattle, WA
Male - 17 Years Old
still think SoS is the best
08:47 PM on 07/08/13 
User Info.
Keele
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
I'd love to have another "cover" album similar to their previous itunes session. Of course a new Gaslight Anthem record (2014), a Brian solo album (later this year or 2014), and the chances of another Horrible Crowes record would take precedent of course.
12:41 AM on 07/09/13 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
I don't know, maybe I'm strange but I'd prefer some quality control over this stuff and just have one incredible Gaslight album that pulls from all of those vibes. The reason Sink Or Swim and 59 Sound were so special I feel is because Brian's head wasn't pulling in God knows how many directions. It was all Gaslight. With a solo record, Horrible Crowes and a new Gaslight I just can't see any of them pulling above okay to decent. Three records in one year is a lot of music in a very short time, to believe you have quality across the board would certainly be something.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos