AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

11:09 AM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
shit stroll
Atlanta
Male - 25 Years Old
the only way to describe this weekend was amazing. I'm still on a high from seeing them two nights in a row and I have no problem saying sunday night's show in orlando at the social was one of the greatest shows I've ever been to. saturday at state theatre they decided to play the entire senor & the queen ep, all four songs in a row which I recorded but haven't been able to upload yet and they also covered "American Girl" by Tom Petty since he's a good ol Florida boy. sunday night in orlando they played about 4-5 songs that weren't on the setlist which included playing "Say I Won't (Recognize)" where they included the Jeffersons theme song in the breakdown which was hysterical.
well there is reference to georgia breezes in "left of the dial" so hopefully that means they play it tonight.
01:32 PM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
I was in Best Buy today and "The '59 Sound" was on an end cap as a "Hot New Artist" or whatever. It felt strange, but it brought a smile to my face. Y'know, because it was wedged between the Asher Roth and Hollywood Undead records.
01:55 PM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
Justin_stacy
Go AWAY! Batin'!
Kansas
Male
I wonder if they'll be one and done with Side One Dummy, they seem to be getting pretty big lately, wife says the local 'pop' station plays them constantly.
02:07 PM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
Jjaeger240
No Avatar Selected
Male - 26 Years Old
Anyone trying to go to the show at the Recher on Thursday night and not have tickets yet? I got two to sell for whatever is willing to be paid at this point, plus the cost of next day shipping them (unless you want to pick them up in York, PA). Forgot I had these and accepted that I probably won't be able to get rid of them at this point but figured I'd give it a shot anyway.
02:13 PM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
I wonder if they'll be one and done with Side One Dummy, they seem to be getting pretty big lately, wife says the local 'pop' station plays them constantly.

wouldn't surprise me if they jumped to a major.

but then again wouldn't surprise me if they stayed with sideone a little longer.
02:23 PM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
element4433
Gay for Moleman
Male - 24 Years Old
the only way to describe this weekend was amazing. I'm still on a high from seeing them two nights in a row and I have no problem saying sunday night's show in orlando at the social was one of the greatest shows I've ever been to. saturday at state theatre they decided to play the entire senor & the queen ep, all four songs in a row which I recorded but haven't been able to upload yet and they also covered "American Girl" by Tom Petty since he's a good ol Florida boy. sunday night in orlando they played about 4-5 songs that weren't on the setlist which included playing "Say I Won't (Recognize)" where they included the Jeffersons theme song in the breakdown which was hysterical.
I would have been at this show BUT I had a final the next morning. Super pissed I missed it.
05:51 PM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
nlcentralchamps
We are beggars all!
Male - 23 Years Old
I have to second this. Such an awesome show, capped off with a 5 song encore. I was incredibly impressed by them. Brian is such an awesome frontman.
06:30 PM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old

Woah. The local "pop" station? Do you mean "pop" as in like, y'know, Top 40 or just a mainstream rock station? That's pretty nuts if it's the former. Although, the "danciness" of the new single might make it viable for such stations to play 'em...

I feel like the jump to a major will depend on the kind of contract they signed with SideOne (i.e., the number of records). Course if demand continues to grow the way it is, there's a chance the contract might get bought out. I think it'll be an interesting year or two for these boys, regardless.
06:31 PM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
I really hope a bootleg of them covering "American Girl" surfaces. That's one song I'd really like to hear them play.
08:04 PM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
osceola13
In Yzerman We Trust
Wesley Chapel, FL
Female
Here's the only video I've been able to upload so far, sorry it took so long but my laptop is being a pain.

08:07 PM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
Justin_stacy
Go AWAY! Batin'!
Kansas
Male
Woah. The local "pop" station? Do you mean "pop" as in like, y'know, Top 40 or just a mainstream rock station? That's pretty nuts if it's the former. Although, the "danciness" of the new single might make it viable for such stations to play 'em...

I feel like the jump to a major will depend on the kind of contract they signed with SideOne (i.e., the number of records). Course if demand continues to grow the way it is, there's a chance the contract might get bought out. I think it'll be an interesting year or two for these boys, regardless.

I'm talkin' pop as in this. Not sure if they're played on the local rock station as I don't know anyone who listens to it. Wife only likes 'pop' stations and faux-country.

I see them jumping to a major probably before the next album. Someone's gonna attempt to make them the 'next big thing' I can just see it. The only thing I heard about the Sideone Dummy deal was that it was for 6 figures, what ever that means, but I'm sure there's a buy out clause.
08:17 PM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
I'm talkin' pop as in this. Not sure if they're played on the local rock station as I don't know anyone who listens to it. Wife only likes 'pop' stations and faux-country.

I see them jumping to a major probably before the next album. Someone's gonna attempt to make them the 'next big thing' I can just see it. The only thing I heard about the Sideone Dummy deal was that it was for 6 figures, what ever that means, but I'm sure there's a buy out clause.

Wow. That's bizarre. Haha. But I s'pose it's not entirely unexpected.

And the major labels have been callin' on the boys for a while now (I recall hearing something about Atlantic courting them roughly two years back) so I wouldn't be shocked to see it happen. But if the SideOne deal was for six-figures, that's gonna be one hell of a buy-out. Haha.
08:19 PM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
a bail out!
08:33 PM on 05/05/09 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA