Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
09:45 AM on 03/16/09
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
um, Clutch are from Baltimore dude. not Canada.

they've been around since 1991 and have released 8 full length studio albums.

and they kick ass. Neil's voice is either something you love or hate. their roots are in metal, so that expalins the gruffness of his vocals. they used to be even more gruff, now he sings more. they've developed a sweet blues/rock hybrid sound over the years that is quite original. their guitar riffs are amazing. talented guys. good live but not much stage presence.

i wouldn't expect the kids on this website to appreciate or understand this kind of music as it does not involve girl jeans or keytars.
09:50 AM on 03/16/09
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
also, they have very few lyrics about "smoking weed and getting drunk". the reviewer has clearly never listened to Clutch prior to this review. what a shithead.

The lyrics of Clutch songs have progressed from early releases that were marked with an angry, serious tone to latter releases that are characterized by intelligence, wordplay, and subtle humor. The songs make frequent references to history, mythology, pop-culture and religion. for example, "I Have the Body of John Wilkes Booth", from the 1995 self-titled album, tells the story of a fisherman who discovers the corpse of Lincoln's assasin in the susquehanna river.

The lyrics also contain some surrealist imagery, as in this quote from Robot Hive/Exodus's "Burning Beard": "Every time I look out my window/ same three dogs looking back at me. Every time I open my windows/ cranes fly in to terrorize me."

but yea, they're about "weed and getting drunk". you stupid kid.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS