Password

Album Review

King of Spain - Entropy Album Cover

King of Spain - Entropy

Reviewed by
King of Spain - Entropy
Record Label: New Granada Records
Release Date: May 13, 2008
It has taken me an extremely long time to review this album. So long, in fact, that you would not believe me if I told you. Why didnít I get around to reviewing it for so long, you may or may not be asking? Well, in all honesty, it is because it scared me. I didnít understand it. Actually, I still donít fully understand it, but at least I have now come to terms with it enough that I can at least describe it.

With weird-sounding tribal loops aplenty, Entropy definitely makes for an interesting listen, but their repetitive and erroneous nature does, on occasion, detract from the rest of the music. Of course, this isnít the only odd thing about King of Spainís music, with astoundingly unexpected lyrics cropping up all over the place. As a matter of fact, there is a whole song about mold, its effects, and studies conducted upon it. It truly is absurd. Then again, thatís not to say that I dislike Entropy; itís a welcome change from the generally overused themes of love and failed relationships and, in a way, itís a stroke of genius. With that said, not all of the lyrical themes are as outlandish, but they're most definitely clever. The music is interesting and novel without sounding like some kind of worthless gimmick. In fact, itís quite the opposite.

Entropy is thoroughly enjoyable, even if a little incomprehensible. Itís eclectic, itís erratic, itís eccentric. Put simply, itís wonderful. It guarantees hours, days, and weeks of deciphering and enjoyment.

Track Listing01. Mold Eats Paper
02. Animals Part 1
03. Hibernation
04. Cinco De Mayo
05. The Walk and What Follows
06. Seamless Spotless Sidewalks
07. Useless Mostly
08. People Places & Things
09. Decades
10. Animals Part 2
11. The Great Continental Divide

Recommended If You LikeThe Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me recorded in an imaginary Spanish-speaking central African country; Animal Collective

myspace.com/musicofkingofspain
This review is a user submitted review from DaveZeroZero. You can see all of DaveZeroZero's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
05:48 PM on 03/14/09
Burn That Shit
a strange turn of events
User Info.
Haha, songs about mold!
06:50 PM on 12/25/12
Khronoxfire
User Info.
I wanted download these album need some help. Can someone help me to download these album

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos