Album Review
Honor Bright - If This Was a Movie Album Cover

Honor Bright - If This Was a Movie

Reviewed by
Honor Bright - If This Was a Movie
Record Label: None
Release Date: August 1, 2008
Who?

Honor Bright, a sensible pop-rock band from Syracuse that combines infectious hooks with a more classic pop-punk feel.

How is it?

If This Was a Movie is the second installment to Honor Bright's catalogue, following up their debut album Build Hearts From Stars that got fairly good reviews (including my own).

This EP really follows the trends set forth in their debut album, though they have worked on quite a few things, primarily the production aspect. While Build Hearts From Stars was fairly raw sounding, the new EP has a much glossier finish, but it's still far from overproduced. Really, I'm quite impressed with the production aspect; they've managed to keep it real sounding without making it too raw or underwhelming. This also helps my main qualm with the album, which was the predominate clean vocals. They've still got the same sound, but the better gleam on this album gives a much better impression of his vocals, though I still tend to favor the backup vocals. Another difference between this EP and the full length is the style of the songs themselves; overall, If This Was a Movie tends to be much more upbeat or "poppy."

The basic verdict is: if you were a fan of the full-length, you're going to enjoy If This Was a Movie. Even if you didn't enjoy the full length, give this a shot. It can't hurt, and this is a band that actually should enjoy some kind of success for their sincere and (seemingly) heartfelt tunes.

Recommended If You LikeThis Condition; Taking Back Sunday

myspace.com/honorbright
This review is a user submitted review from Klatzke. You can see all of Klatzke's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
05:11 PM on 03/16/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
This band is so great. I actually just wrote a blog about them...
09:05 PM on 10/28/09
PureBlueSF
ur not even pop punk
User Info.
How are these guys NOT signed? They're one of the best pop-punk bands I've heard in a while.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos