AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Beautiful Lies - Untitled EP Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 6.75
Musicianship 7.5
Lyrics 7.75
Production 8
Creativity 8.5
Lasting Value 7.5
Reviewer Tilt 7.5
Final Verdict: 76%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Beautiful Lies - Untitled EP

Reviewed by: RelientMayday (03/11/09)
Beautiful Lies - Untitled EP
Record Label: None
Release Date: January 1, 2008

Who?

Beautiful Lies is a gang of four out of Boston, Massachusetts. They play about what matters to them and get straight to the point.

How is it?

You don't hear many bands with a sound like Beautiful Lies anymore. Everyone tries to be so perfect, pristine, and refined, and sometimes it seems they're trying too hard to sound like a big name band. But these guys keep their music more real with a raw sound. They say what they mean and that's just the end of it. For instance, in the first song of the EP, "Untitled," the chorus states quite simply: "I want you to know / When I'm not around / And I want you to feel / Like I'm wearing you down / How long will it take / For you to figure it out / I like the thought of you / But I don't like you hanging around." That pretty much gets the point across. Mostly, the band plays a mellower kind of chill rock (I guess I'm making up new genre names now). It's nothing that's going to bust your eardrums out (we all know how much we love it when that happens); they just keep it as if they are four guys that said, "Hey, let's jam some tunes."

They do very well with the acoustic "Running Down the Aisles." The vocals mesh with the acoustics in a way that makes you feel like you're chilling with some buddies, just passing around the guitar and seeing who can play the best. And there is always that one kid that is, for some reason, better than everyone else. That is who Beautiful Lies is. They're not the big dog that will have 10,000 fans at one show, kicking and screaming to get to the front; but they are a nice friend to help you relax in the evenings after a hard day at work. You'd like that, wouldn't you?

Track Listing01. Untitled
02. All Because of You
03. Round and Round
04. Cold
05. Running Down the Aisles (acoustic)

myspace.com/beautifulliesmusic

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News