AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Thursday News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Buzznet Interviews Thursday

Posted by - 12:31 PM on 03/13/09
Buzznet recently caught up with Thursday at Taste of Chaos for an exclusive interview. The interview can be seen here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
12:53 PM on 03/13/09
ACA
Next Show: Balance&Composure 12/27
User Info.
I submitted this and some other Thursday news.. there's more videos, Brad, if you want to post them.
12:55 PM on 03/13/09
doomcrs04
Train Rides Up North
User Info.
I don't see any video./
01:26 PM on 03/13/09
TotalCollapse
You are my blanked out pages.
User Info.
Excellent interview.
01:28 PM on 03/13/09
megad00d
Broski
User Info.
Thursday is like the worst band ever
01:35 PM on 03/13/09
ACA
User Info.
for real they suck. you should go to taste of chaos just for four year strong, pierce the veil, and bring me the horizon though.
02:18 PM on 03/13/09
MattADALIE
ADALIE (www.facebook.com/adaliepa)
User Info.
I strongly disagree with a couple of the above-mentioned statements. Thursday is a solid band both live and on record. Last week, we had the chance to meet them, share the stage with them, and catch their set at the end of the night. I know everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but, at least to me, they were the best band there. They're one of the few bands I can watch play for an hour or more without succumbing to a sore lower back and getting lost in a uniform-sounding set. Since they play music from pretty much all their records, there's so much diversity in the set as well as the obvious passion for their music. Four Year Strong is an awesome band, but, I wouldn't be able to watch them for more than ten to fifteen minutes just because the songs, at least to me, sound the same. Pierce The Veil is also pretty good, but, it's not for me. As for Bring Me The Horizon, their music is garbage. During their set only was when I was security and EMTs rushing into the crowd to pull out injured kids. Obviously, the band doesn't have control over the audience, but they promote negative sentiments very well. And I just don't get how they have a huge following here. Their music isn't even half-decent. Just felt like putting that out there...
02:30 PM on 03/13/09
ACA
User Info.
they play music from pretty much all their records, there's so much diversity in the set as well as the obvious passion for their music

Absolutely true. I haven't seen a lot of popular/expensive acts (like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bruce Springsteen, others, who I would love to) but I have never seen a band for under $40/ticket put on a better show than Thursday.. and I've been to hundreds of shows in my life.

-ACA
02:57 PM on 03/13/09
cako86
User Info.

03:36 PM on 03/13/09
TotalCollapse
You are my blanked out pages.
User Info.
04:57 PM on 03/13/09
Scudder104
User Info.
I'm consistently blown away by how honest and approachable the guys in Thursday are. They're one of the only bands that proactively seek to tear the wall and bridge the gap between artist and listener, something I wish other bands in this "scene" would do. I have an interview with Geoff next Wednesday, and although I'm sure I should be stressing about how not to sound like a jackass, I find I'm looking forward to just having a conversation with the guy.
05:03 PM on 03/13/09
MattADALIE
ADALIE (www.facebook.com/adaliepa)
User Info.
I'm consistently blown away by how honest and approachable the guys in Thursday are. They're one of the only bands that proactively seek to tear the wall and bridge the gap between artist and listener, something I wish other bands in this "scene" would do. I have an interview with Geoff next Wednesday, and although I'm sure I should be stressing about how not to sound like a jackass, I find I'm looking forward to just having a conversation with the guy.
In case you haven't heard, it's all about mediocre-at-best neon pop-rock bands and Bring Me The Horizon these days. I was simply disappointed in the fact that half the people were leaving Taste of Chaos shows after Bring Me The Horizon's set, like they were either the final band or the best band there, leaving a decent band like Thursday with half an audience. Granted, I give much respect to that half audience for sticking around and supporting a band that is actually decent and had a lot to do with spearheading the musical movements we've seen in recent years, although things are moving backwards lately. Even at their hometown date in Sayreville, NJ where we played as well, some people left before Thursday. Like I said in my above comment, I just don't get the fascination with shitty music. I can't even say that I'm too old to understand because I'm only 21.
05:35 PM on 03/13/09
hutcher5
User Info.
In case you haven't heard, it's all about mediocre-at-best neon pop-rock bands and Bring Me The Horizon these days. I was simply disappointed in the fact that half the people were leaving Taste of Chaos shows after Bring Me The Horizon's set, like they were either the final band or the best band there, leaving a decent band like Thursday with half an audience. Granted, I give much respect to that half audience for sticking around and supporting a band that is actually decent and had a lot to do with spearheading the musical movements we've seen in recent years, although things are moving backwards lately. Even at their hometown date in Sayreville, NJ where we played as well, some people left before Thursday. Like I said in my above comment, I just don't get the fascination with shitty music. I can't even say that I'm too old to understand because I'm only 21.
21 is the new 50...i'm 22 and I agree with your stance on everything, but you have to realize the market that most of the bands are going after are younger and more impressionable than, lets say, yourself
06:15 PM on 03/13/09
Scudder104
User Info.
21 is the new 50...i'm 22 and I agree with your stance on everything, but you have to realize the market that most of the bands are going after are younger and more impressionable than, lets say, yourself
I'm 22. Is there any hope for people like us in this scene? I feel like the only move I have left is to start a band that serves as an homage to the better bands of yester-year. Maybe that way, kids younger than us could appreciate a sound that is lightyears ahead of what's going on now. Cynical, yes, but shit, I'm running out of ideas.
07:18 PM on 03/13/09
snoboardnfreek
rockin' out
User Info.
Says the guy who has "I <3 BC13" as his thing.. HA

fuck you

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music