AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Canada News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Rock on the Range Canada Announced

Posted by - 09:17 AM on 03/17/09
The first annual Rock on the Range Canada fest has been announced. Details are in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
09:17 AM on 03/17/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
1st ROCK ON THE RANGE CANADA
ANNOUNCED:

AMERICA'S ROCK FESTIVAL MAKES DEBUT NORTH OF THE
BORDER SATURDAY, JUNE 27th
AT WINNIPEG'S CANAD INNS STADIUM;

FEATURING
BILLY TALENT, RISE AGAINST, RANCID, THEORY OF A
DEADMAN, SHINEDOWN

MORE THAN A DOZEN ACTS TO PERFORM

ON TWO STAGES

ROCK ON THE RANGE--America's premiere destination rock festival makes its Canadian debut on June 27th at Winnipeg, Manitoba's Canad Inn Stadium. The 2009 line-up for the nationally renowned festival centrally located in the heart of the Canada will be highlighted by performances from some of rock's biggest artists around the world including Billy Talent, Rise Against, Rancid, Theory Of A Deadman and Shinedown. This will mark the first major rock festival in Winnipeg in over a decade.

Presented by Right Arm Entertainment and True North, the one-day, two stage music and lifestyle event will feature a potent line-up of more than a dozen bands. This year's well-rounded mix of rock's top artists also includes Thornley, Blue October, Inward Eye and the much buzzed about all- female band from Minneapolis Sick Of Sarah.

Rock On The Range Executive Producer, Del Williams of Right Arm Entertainment, says, "We are excited to bring the successful brand, Rock On The Range, into Canada. ROTR USA has quickly become the American festival destination for the true rock fan and we want ROTR Canada to be the same for not only Manitoba Province but for the entire country. A priority for us is to provide the best possible line up at an affordable price. ROTR Canada will be a festival the real rock music fan can count on year after year.

The third American version of the festival will take place in May 16, 17 in Columbus Ohio, last year's event drew well over 50,00 people.

Tickets for ROCK ON THE RANGE, as well as VIP Packages go on sale Saturday, March 28 at 11:00 AM (Central Time) via www.rockontherangecanada.com and www.ticketmaster.ca, and all local Ticketmaster outlets. Ticket prices start as low as $29.50.

For up-to-the-minute information on ROCK ON THE RANGE 2009, visit www.RockOnTheRangeCanada.com or
www.myspace.com/rockontherangecanada
09:38 AM on 03/17/09
TSTLSOOM
Hayley > Hayley
User Info.
sounds like a legit lineup. sounds like warped.

edit: nevermind its only 12 bands. still sounds like fun though!
09:40 AM on 03/17/09
TSTLSOOM
Hayley > Hayley
User Info.
Quote:
The third American version of the festival will take place in May 16, 17 in Columbus Ohio, last year's event drew well over 50,00 people.

wonder if whoever wrote this meant 5 thousand or 50 thousand.
10:23 AM on 03/17/09
Shogun
User Info.
Wow. The lineup looked decent until I read, "Theory of a Deadman." It was like hitting a shit-covered brick wall. There's no way they should be sharing a stage with those bands unless it's to help carry the gear off or help Lars or Tim tune their guitars..
10:49 AM on 03/17/09
justcantwait
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
damn. the only thing we get is hinder and stuff like that. lame. i used to live right next to crew stadium and we could hear everything. sucked.
11:44 AM on 03/17/09
trindaddy
Trinconceivable
User Info.
rock on the range ohio is always so fucking terrible. It features people like buck cherry, disturbed, etc. terrible
12:43 PM on 03/17/09
ChrisCTL
User Info.
Rise Against is the only band worth seeing.
01:09 PM on 03/17/09
cory-182
User Info.
Rise Against is the only band worth seeing.
Not when they are preaching their political beliefs.
01:21 PM on 03/17/09
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I don't know what to think of this. I also don't see why they can't just have Billy Talent, Rise Against and Rancid play a smaller venue that isn't a festival, like they are doing for the rest of their dates. The other bands they chose really aren't good at all and it would be a shame if Rancid had a shorter set so Theory of a Deadman could play.
02:03 PM on 03/17/09
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Wow. The lineup looked decent until I read, "Theory of a Deadman." It was like hitting a shit-covered brick wall.
My opinion too. They're like a cheaper version of Nickelback.
03:33 PM on 03/17/09
Spiffysthebest
Human Sacrifice
User Info.
The other bands they chose really aren't good at all and it would be a shame if Rancid had a shorter set so Theory of a Deadman could play.

Agreed. I've been waiting so long for Rancid to hit this city, they'd better not fuck this up.
05:47 PM on 03/17/09
nicktu12
www.myspace.com/conflictbetween
User Info.
i love tokyo police club.
06:47 PM on 03/17/09
handlikesecret
inverted-album-art.tumblr.com
User Info.
no Nickelback no care.
01:19 PM on 03/18/09
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
Way too far from me, but some good headliners on there!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos