Username
Password

Interview - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 68.
11:02 AM on 11/11/05
Rockrider311
User Info.
Originally Posted by Sureshot182
it's fucking lame that panic! at the disco is making money off of something name taken (who was a FAR better band) created. name taken meant the world to me, and still does. it's disgusting how pete wentz wears a pete! at the disco shirt, there are 1,000 14 year old girls buying it.
you are mentally inept
11:07 AM on 11/11/05
CrenshawKiss714
User Info.
Originally Posted by Sureshot182
it's fucking lame that panic! at the disco is making money off of something name taken (who was a FAR better band) created. name taken meant the world to me, and still does. it's disgusting how pete wentz wears a pete! at the disco shirt, there are 1,000 14 year old girls buying it.
Making money off it? Panic! at the disco is hardly making money off the name they are called, they are making money off the fact that they are talented. They have the ability to make good music. Excuse them for doing what every fucking band does in the world, you think Saves the day created that phrase? You think a band orignally known as All that's left created that phrase. Get over it "panic at the disco" is hardly an original lyric. I'm sure Chad took it from somewhere too. I'm sure Chad isn't crying about it, I'm sure he is probably psyched on it if you know him at all.

Yeah and I'm sure Max bemis is making tons of money too, not for the fact that he is a brilliant musician but because his band is named after the 80's hit movie Say Anything.
11:19 AM on 11/11/05
imthenewcancer
I love you pam beasley
User Info.
third eye blind is amazing...not that i so much hear their influence on panic!
11:20 AM on 11/11/05
The Silencer
the one above all
User Info.
Originally Posted by CrenshawKiss714
Making money off it? Panic! at the disco is hardly making money off the name they are called, they are making money off the fact that they are talented. They have the ability to make good music. Excuse them for doing what every fucking band does in the world, you think Saves the day created that phrase? You think a band orignally known as All that's left created that phrase. Get over it "panic at the disco" is hardly an original lyric. I'm sure Chad took it from somewhere too. I'm sure Chad isn't crying about it, I'm sure he is probably psyched on it if you know him at all.

Yeah and I'm sure Max bemis is making tons of money too, not for the fact that he is a brilliant musician but because his band is named after the 80's hit movie Say Anything.
owntid.
11:39 AM on 11/11/05
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
Originally Posted by CrenshawKiss714

god dammit you stole my say anything argument. kudos to you!
11:42 AM on 11/11/05
CrenshawKiss714
User Info.
Originally Posted by themostdeplete
god dammit you stole my say anything argument. kudos to you!
Ha sorry. I guess great minds think alike.
11:44 AM on 11/11/05
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Originally Posted by Brandon Herbel
There is just such a lack of creativity and really a lack of demand for it. Kids will have their top 5 favorite bands and they all are just copies of copies.

Incredible.
11:45 AM on 11/11/05
CrenshawKiss714
User Info.
Originally Posted by AnoFxI10
owntid.
I had to smash potatos til they were mashed potatos.
11:59 AM on 11/11/05
Azwethinkweiz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by ChadisTHEChad
There is nothing about whiny, nasally, straight from the throat singing that can be considered "correct".

I assume you're talking about fall out boy and not panic! at the disco. Brendon does not sing from the throat at all. It really grinds my gears when people say that Brendon and Patrick are equal in terms of singers. Just because they have the same tone color does not mean their range is the same. Brendon has a much greater range both higher and lower, and he can vibrato which is something I have never heard Patrick do. Brendon is a better singer in every single way. Although they both sing in a high octave, I don't see many other similarities between them.

That being said, Patrick does not necessarily know how to sing correctly. He's closer than most of the bands in the "scene" or whatever you kids call it, but he still does not sing correctly. Brendon sings well, and it doesn't surprise me at all that he's had voice lessons.

Ok, back to the hole I crawled out of.
12:18 PM on 11/11/05
worstpersonever
seriously. worst ever.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
if i see or hear one more person say "the refused".... there's no the. dammit.
12:21 PM on 11/11/05
cinematic_life
User Info.
Originally Posted by Azwethinkweiz
I assume you're talking about fall out boy and not panic! at the disco. Brendon does not sing from the throat at all. It really grinds my gears when people say that Brendon and Patrick are equal in terms of singers. Just because they have the same tone color does not mean their range is the same. Brendon has a much greater range both higher and lower, and he can vibrato which is something I have never heard Patrick do. Brendon is a better singer in every single way. Although they both sing in a high octave, I don't see many other similarities between them.

That being said, Patrick does not necessarily know how to sing correctly. He's closer than most of the bands in the "scene" or whatever you kids call it, but he still does not sing correctly. Brendon sings well, and it doesn't surprise me at all that he's had voice lessons.

Ok, back to the hole I crawled out of.
i agree, when i saw them at the glasshouse, i was really surprised of how he hit all the notes. everyone around me was like, "wtf, he's better than patrick." which is by far true.
12:34 PM on 11/11/05
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
i don't care who's better, you don't have to be the best to be good, i like both this bands, and both vocalist, and it's not important for me if brendon sings correctly and patrick not while i enjoy it :|
12:50 PM on 11/11/05
FallOutBoyPunch
pressure's mountin',I don't Everest
User Info.
And what, do Gatsbys American Dream owe their success to Fitzgerald?
01:23 PM on 11/11/05
indie_ira
wonka wonka wonka
User Info.
Originally Posted by Take Heart
Squire is the best producer in the game right now, fo sho.

i agree with you 110%.....
01:42 PM on 11/11/05
theROUSE
User Info.
i agree and disagree with the 'waking up the scene' comment...
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests