Password
Coheed & Cambria News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 208.
10:26 PM on 11/13/05
FOBcareemo
Sup brah?!
User Info.
Originally Posted by ACA
Yea, definitely--it's good to see lines like "FAST FOOD WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED". On the surface I'm sure it sounds like a dick-move, but at least these guys are trying to eat healthy.

If you toured 50 dates over a 2 month period and only ate burgers, fries, Doritoes, and liters of cola, you'd be fat messes.. a home cooked meal is what can keep your health up.

I wonder what kind of home-cooked meals, though, they get.. Coheed hit some non-huge venues who sure as hell don't have chefs on duty.

-ACA

HAHAHA you said "Liter of cola"
10:26 PM on 11/13/05
DieForAlgernon
death and taxes
User Info.
Originally Posted by Frank Giaramita
CoCa were once an opening band... they paid their dues just like openers on their tours are right now... It goes for everything in the world really. I may work at a restaurant and get paid $6/hr, and somene who works the same position as me might make $10/hr, strictly because they've been their longer and have proven themselves. An openig band on a CoCa tour should be thankful CoCa even decided to take them out... tons of bands would kill for that.

i was just saying that its kind of the short end of the stick for the opener. if your an opening band, your lucky if you get water/beer and maybe some pizza. and if your a local opener, your fucked. i know coheed have been arround, and have just started making some dent in mainstream, so they can ask for that stuff, but look how much it costs to book a coheed show, and how much they make from shirt/cd/merch sales. i know, they have to pay for a tour manager, label fees, bus and driver/gas fees, crew, but when you factor in all that, and see how much they make for one night of maybe 1 and a half of playing, they are still making good enough money. do they deserve the hospitality? yes, and sure they payed their dues, and were once openers, but shouldnt that be more incentive to help out the smaller bands?
10:36 PM on 11/13/05
Frank Giaramita
AP.net's Princess
User Info.
Originally Posted by insertseason
a ban didnt seem to be in order.
Well, I'm thankful that wasnt your decision.

I'm all for people speaking their opinions and feelings on issues... but there's a difference between someone speaking their opinion, and someone being an ignorant and disrespectful prick. I'm sure you're smart enough to differentiate between the two.

Like, right now, you're disagreeing with me, and I can respect you're opinion... because you're not being a complete and utter moron about it.
10:45 PM on 11/13/05
Frank Giaramita
AP.net's Princess
User Info.
i just reread the post. i thought you had banned someone else.

do you feel lewisonfire implying that coheed wasn't worthy of their rider was more disrespectful than the racial undertones of people's comments about fried chicken?
Hahahaha. I see your point, but I have an extremely dry sense of humor and actually found that whole thing funny and I believe the whole thing was said in a joking sense. But to answer your question, no I don't agree with racism at all, but I think the whole forum generally understood that it was just a statement made out of jest.
10:51 PM on 11/13/05
Frank Giaramita
AP.net's Princess
User Info.
i mean, my sense of humor has been likened to joan rivers vagina, i.e. dry. but the fried chicken thing wasn't funny to me. but you got my point so it doesn't matter.
I'm surrounded by family and friends that pokes fun at every race, so I'm kind of used to hearing it. But if someone was to be like "Fuck N*iggers and Sp*cs" it would be a different story. I don't really consider the whole situation racism because those dudes were just pointing out the coincidence that Ruben Studdard fit into an age old stereotype. I've only banned two people in my year at Ap.net and I generally don't do it at all.
10:56 PM on 11/13/05
lildevotionalx
music is life.
User Info.
do you feel lewisonfire implying that coheed wasn't worthy of their rider was more disrespectful than the racial undertones of people's comments about fried chicken?

Hahahaha I was hoping someone would say that . It's amazing how worked up people get over all of this and how differently people weigh certain situations.

In my opinion, this rider isn't anything out of the ordinary. Coheed's been on tour for quite some time and for the amount of kids they're currently pulling in to see them they aren't asking for anything astronomical. I've seen them play many times and if they asked me for a clean, empty trash can and a few red lighters, I'd find any way possible to make that damn well happen. Every time I've seen them I've paid 15$ or less, I think they deserve some food and a few beers for making about 300 kids nights.

Anyone ever see a rider for The Juliana Theory?... Do they even have one? Just curious, saw them play last week and it'd be amusing for me to see that one...
10:58 PM on 11/13/05
psykosteve
Steve
User Info.
This seems absolutly standard.

Doing shows for band playing to 100-200 people would have half of that (granted less of it since it wouldnt be for 11).
10:58 PM on 11/13/05
catchmealone
Polka King of AP.net
User Info.
Originally Posted by snowtires
the new amsterdams got $2500 to play that show, which was about 95% of what came in, seeing as it was almost sold out before hand (at $10 a head) and capacity at the north star is 280. figure in about $100 for alcohol for them and $50 more for food, $50 for both opening bands (which is kind of a slap in the face to everyone involved, i mean it was great to play with the new amsterdams and matt was a really nice guy, but we played a tiny, tiny coffee shop the week before and made $150) and the north star made $50 for that show. it makes no sense.

But I bet 300 kids didn't see you play that coffee shop.
I'm not an expert, but I do believe that when local openers get the opportunity to open for a touring act in St. Louis, they are extremely lucky to get paid at all. It's more about getting exposure to a large crowd for your band.
11:13 PM on 11/13/05
March_Faster!!
まくどなるどなしじゃいきられない。
User Info.
Damn, fuckin' rock! They should take advantage of the man while they can. They won't always be this big.
11:20 PM on 11/13/05
quiksilver21k
User Info.
rock stars are such little bitches. But i would probabaly do the same. Id be interested to see what Thrice wants on tour. This reminds me of Spinal Tap when Nigel complains about the bread being too small.
11:35 PM on 11/13/05
nicoteen
Mint Berry Crunch!!!
User Info.
Originally Posted by UncleRico!
They also forgot:

One (1) fork to stick in electrical socket for Claudio's hair styling puposes.

Yeah make fun of his hair. Good one.
12:23 AM on 11/14/05
Ender217
User Info.
thats a lot of liquids ... but makes for some sweet vodka mixes
12:25 AM on 11/14/05
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
User Info.
Originally Posted by ACA
No shit, thanks for that information.

I always throught the TLA was bigger, too, though. The Electric Factory is a really fucking big place. I wish the sizes of these places were online.. I'd love to know some others from the area (House of Blues Atlantic City, Starland Ballroom, Irving Plaza, Roseland, Obsessions, etc).

-ACA

house of blues in atlantic city holds 2500, as does starland. irving plaza holds 1200 (i think), and roseland holds 3500.

only reason i know is because i'm a ticket broker full time.

QUICK. EVERYBODY HATE ME.
12:47 AM on 11/14/05
s.deel.besonym
Jesse... bad boy...
User Info.
Originally Posted by chokeychicken
house of blues in atlantic city holds 2500, as does starland. irving plaza holds 1200 (i think), and roseland holds 3500.

only reason i know is because i'm a ticket broker full time.

QUICK. EVERYBODY HATE ME.
I hate ticket brokers.
01:13 AM on 11/14/05
Keegan
User Info.
Originally Posted by Frank Giaramita
Smaller headlining bands (Hidden In Plain View, Armor For Sleep) probably just ask for bottled water, chips and a neatly kept backstage area.

the first time I saw HIPV I got to eat with them 'cause I became friends with spencer and we had lasagna, salad, water, soda, juice, meat platter, and several other things. That was also for 4 or 5 other bands as well. Nothing to big. Minus the Bear also only requested bottled water, red bull, and meals for when they'd be there. That was also 3 years ago I think.

When Zao came to town for the first time Jesse Smith requested a certain doll and it took the promoters all week to find the thing. They also asked for well over a $100 in candy. I thought it was pretty funny.

If I remember correctly as well smaller venues and places like that don't have to provide everything. There's certain things that have to be there but a lot of stuff is just there as something nice.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests