Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 208
08:02 PM on 11/13/05
beenbrokenx
love the life you live.
User Info.
this is pretty typical of riders for medium fame bands. i have seen much much worse. i used to work for a backstage catering company and i was in charge of riders, and let me tell you...some of the shit i had to go find for people was slightly ridiculous. but...yeah...again, this isn't anything special, they could've asked for much much worse.
08:02 PM on 11/13/05
Mitch
this is water
User Info.
What's a hospitality rider?
08:04 PM on 11/13/05
Flags of Dawn
King Shit With That Crown of Flies
User Info.
One large clean empty garbage can (for garbage)

haha.
08:05 PM on 11/13/05
resUrectMe617
True Punk Fan
User Info.
whoa. thats kinda crazy. whenever i've had a show.. its just bottles of water and the occasional alcohol. but then again, this IS coheed so...
08:06 PM on 11/13/05
djUbilla
i am heaven sent
User Info.
Originally Posted by HolyCrapola
Not at all, this is normal for a band of CoCa's size and it's really not asking a lot for the most part. I strongly advise you to get ahold of Blink 182's or Green Day's.

I know Van Halen used to put ridiculous crap in their riders, just to make peoples' lives miserable, like... "We want a bowl of 357 green M&M's.. no more and no less, and they must be green".

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/
Actually, the Van Halen story ahs been exaggerated. What actually happened was that thy had some insane lighting and stage set up, that if set up poorly, could injure the band. So in their rider, Van Halen asked for a bowl of M & M's with all of the light brown ones taken out, so that if they found light brown M&M's, they knew that the stage set up wasn't done right and they could get hurt.
08:06 PM on 11/13/05
You Got Owned
@andymania
User Info.
friggin pimp, i love those guys
08:07 PM on 11/13/05
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
I love how they had to clarify the purpose of the garbage can.
08:08 PM on 11/13/05
ACA
Next Show: Run the Jewels NYC 11/29
User Info.
That's more food than I eat in a month... granted, it's for a full band and their managers/techs/etc--right?

I mean, how many people is this for? A decent sized crew of people could easily consume all this and more....also, forgive my ignorance, but the band does pay for this, right? It says "eleven people" a few times, so I'd assume it's for the band and like 5-6 other people.

Fill me in here, I don't know shit about these things, and the last thing I'd want to do is place ignorant judgement on anyone.. :)

-ACA
08:10 PM on 11/13/05
snowtires
henry slinkman
User Info.
that's honestly a pretty light rider, i'm surprised. most bands' riders are four and five pages long.
08:11 PM on 11/13/05
GlassyLight
King of Wrangling
User Info.
some of the ones on smoking gun are hilarious....especially christina aguileras
08:12 PM on 11/13/05
shane hennessey
www.itakebandphotos.com
User Info.
Originally Posted by Mitch2742
What's a hospitality rider?
thats what C&C gets at every show.

one fresh avocado
08:14 PM on 11/13/05
snowtires
henry slinkman
User Info.
i think it was the bloodhound gang who had for 'the skeleton of a rhesus monkey' on their rider. now THAT is ridiculous. especially seeing as the bloodhound gang are garbage
08:17 PM on 11/13/05
PunkDrums182
I won't always live.. Not stopping.
User Info.
Originally Posted by HolyCrapola
Not at all, this is normal for a band of CoCa's size and it's really not asking a lot for the most part. I strongly advise you to get ahold of Blink 182's or Green Day's.

I know Van Halen used to put ridiculous crap in their riders, just to make peoples' lives miserable, like... "We want a bowl of 357 green M&M's.. no more and no less, and they must be green".

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backstagetour/

blinks isnt all that bad http://www.thesmokinggun.com/backsta...blink1821.html
08:20 PM on 11/13/05
surpressmemory
what up
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i guess i'm not surprised. and it's definately their right as a hard working band to get the things they ask for. just seems like they could have been a little more humble. personally, i'd feel weird asking for anything
08:20 PM on 11/13/05
RyRyY
User Info.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums