AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Holiday Parade News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Holiday Parade
Inside AP.net

Holiday Parade Post New Song/Challenge You to...

Posted by: Anton Djamoos (03/26/09)
Holiday Parade have posted a new song on their myspace titled "Time For Me." The band will be chatting here on AP.net this Monday, March 30th, at 6PM EST. For every 300 replies the chat gets, the band will be posting a clip of a new song inside of it, so be sure to come and participate!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
07:38 AM on 03/26/09
lissalynn
We are the music makers
User Info.
Haha, nice incentive! Looking forward to it.

Love the piano on the new song.
dbrodriguez
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Least favorite thus far. The chorus seems rushed and out of place with the verses. Also, what the hell is with repeating a particular line in the chorus three times - first one too many Where Did I's and now one (perhaps two) too many "the time"s. Not bad by any means, but just kind of awkward
x0kristennn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
excellent! i've been looking forward to this chat.
07:40 AM on 03/26/09
x0kristennn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Least favorite thus far. The chorus seems rushed and out of place with the verses. Also, what the hell is with repeating a particular line in the chorus three times - first one too many Where Did I's and now one (perhaps two) too many "the time"s. Not bad by any means, but just kind of awkward
hmm. i dont mind the 'times' but i definitely agree about the chorus being a little too rushed.
07:43 AM on 03/26/09
dbrodriguez
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hmm. i dont mind the 'times' but i definitely agree about the chorus being a little too rushed.
I think part of the reason it seems rushed is because he repeats it so many times, instead of taking his time. Then it seems like he's playing catch up. Also, I wouldn't mind that half as much if it wasn't the same repetition in the last two songs in the chorus
07:51 AM on 03/26/09
lissalynn
We are the music makers
User Info.
I don't mind the repetitions so much. In a way I think the rushed tempo makes the repetitions seem less dragged out, as I thought it felt in Where Did I Go. I love the way they're posting a nice array of songs musically, though. Where Did I Go seems like a good example of their acoustic guitar-based songs, Time For Me is solid on piano, and Getaway is an example of pretty fantastic songwriting/production with all the fun extras thrown in there (strings, guest vocals, backing gang vocals, etc.)
07:53 AM on 03/26/09
dbrodriguez
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's pretty clear Getaway is one of their babies - spent some extra time and energy on that one it appears compared to the others
07:57 AM on 03/26/09
WFUJerseyJon
Murderer's Row '09
User Info.
I'm loving all the news and new song posts. April 7 is going to be a good day.
08:00 AM on 03/26/09
dbrodriguez
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Says the homer with the HP avatar. Love makes you blind sir, in this case deaf too!
08:01 AM on 03/26/09
lissalynn
We are the music makers
User Info.
Says the homer with the HP avatar. Love makes you blind sir, in this case deaf too!

Haha aw come on, it's still good. And this album will still be amazing.

It's pretty clear Getaway is one of their babies - spent some extra time and energy on that one it appears compared to the others
It definitely shows.
08:44 AM on 03/26/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ANOTHER song?

Shut the fuck up.
08:49 AM on 03/26/09
dbrodriguez
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
lol relax killer...clearly I'm a fan of the band, doesn't mean I can't be critical. GFY
08:56 AM on 03/26/09
npmshah
Our Love Is Like A Song
User Info.
wow... AP is having tons of band chats lately, arent they?
08:57 AM on 03/26/09
lovelyloveleigh
User Info.
love the piano in this song. great dancey chorus
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music