Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 59.
06:07 PM on 04/05/09
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Ok then shoot over to Whitechapel's myspace and tell they're deathcore instead of death metal I'm sure they'll really give a shit
DEATHCORE ROOLZ D00D!
11:18 AM on 04/06/09
texasuckfest
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
core...metal... who cares... people should judge bands by talent...
ps. this cd is not good, at all.
11:32 AM on 04/06/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
Hah the assholes are coming out of the woodwork for this review.
02:13 PM on 04/06/09
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Hah the assholes are coming out of the woodwork for this review.
Funny isn't it?
04:37 PM on 04/06/09
jaywarden1
Jay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They probably already know. Why are you getting so angry because you don't know your genres. I'm sure if you made all these same remarks on Lambgoat you would be bombarded by and endless stream of people calling you out on your stupidity. They would fucking crucify you

I am most definitely not getting "so angry" and how does one post translate into me "not knowing my genres"? I've never heard of Lambgoat and i have no idea what that has to do with anything either.

I simply came into this thread to disagree with some guy calling this album "generic deathcore".
I then threw out a loose definition for death core as using metalcore riffs and breakdowns as i've understood it to be.

THEN i get someone quoting me saying NO THATS NOT DEATHCORE, DEATHCORE IS - metalcore with hardcore breakdowns with the technicality of death metal, which seems extremely similar to my definition.

Then people are quoting me calling me an idiot, so I responded by pointing out that Whitechapel's myspace say's they're death metal, so if eveyone quoting me is so correct about the album being "deathcore" why don't they tell Whitechapel they're wrong and continue this stupid debate with them - because as i stated in my first post I don't care for these ludicrous what-genre-is-what debates because they are stupid and everyone thinks there right.

THEN you feel the need to quote me talking about some random band saying their fans would crucify me then make a point to call me stupid.

So I'm not getting "so angry", nor am I getting "so angry" because I don't know my genres. I am just annoyed at people on this site endlessly trying to cause stupid debates and always being so gung ho to quote random people and call them stupid over absolutely nothing.

You obviously have issues if when reading my posts and their subsequent quotings you're first response is to quote me saying im stupid and should be "fucking" crucified.
04:43 PM on 04/06/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
I am most definitely not getting "so angry" and how does one post translate into me "not knowing my genres"? I've never heard of Lambgoat and i have no idea what that has to do with anything either.

I simply came into this thread to disagree with some guy calling this album "generic deathcore".
I then threw out a loose definition for death core as using metalcore riffs and breakdowns as i've understood it to be.

THEN i get someone quoting me saying NO THATS NOT DEATHCORE, DEATHCORE IS - metalcore with hardcore breakdowns with the technicality of death metal, which seems extremely similar to my definition.

Then people are quoting me calling me an idiot, so I responded by pointing out that Whitechapel's myspace say's they're death metal, so if eveyone quoting me is so correct about the album being "deathcore" why don't they tell Whitechapel they're wrong and continue this stupid debate with them - because as i stated in my first post I don't care for these ludicrous what-genre-is-what debates because they are stupid and everyone thinks there right.

THEN you feel the need to quote me talking about some random band saying their fans would crucify me then make a point to call me stupid.

So I'm not getting "so angry", nor am I getting "so angry" because I don't know my genres. I am just annoyed at people on this site endlessly trying to cause stupid debates and always being so gung ho to quote random people and call them stupid over absolutely nothing.

You obviously have issues if when reading my posts and their subsequent quotings you're first response is to quote me saying im stupid and should be "fucking" crucified.
Lol are you illiterate?
05:04 PM on 04/06/09
jaywarden1
Jay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lol are you illiterate?
"lol"
06:45 PM on 04/06/09
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
09:11 AM on 04/10/09
lurker411_k9
jet life jet life
User Info.
I'm pretty sure Whitechapel know that they are not death metal, but with being high up on a straight death metal tour headlined by Suffocation, it's fair to ask.

and yeah, I like this cd quite a bit. Sorry guys.
11:49 AM on 04/10/09
PureBlueSF
ur not even pop punk
User Info.
Genre arguments, serious fuckin' business.

CD is good, definitely better than most deathcore. Though if this review was on Encyclopedia Metallum it would get a 0% based entirely on the fact the genre name ends in -core. Or if it were on Lambgoat, a 4 out of 10 because it has breakdowns. lol.
03:44 AM on 04/17/09
AWilhelmPetter
Bulletproof Tiger
User Info.
I'm getting quite sick of people listening to a band and just saying "Deathcore!" and automatically assume that it is absolute bollocks. I listen to anything from Pendulum to Whitechapel, simply because I give anything a chance, not automatically judging stuff based on its genre, and try to have an open mind for all types of music. I think Whitechapel is a great band, as well as Suicide Silence and Bring Me the Horizon, but apart from those three I reckon bands labled as deathcore are pretty fucking bad. It is really annoying when people call deathcore death metal or metalcore post-hardcore - the differences are so destingt it should not be possible to mistake them for each other, but just taking an entire genre and labling it as shit is just narrow minded and pretty childish. No one really cares about my opinion and it will probably either a) be ignored or b) quoted with some sort of sarcastic comment, but it's just too anoying to read this shit without writing something.
12:45 PM on 04/19/09
PureBlueSF
ur not even pop punk
User Info.
I'm getting quite sick of people listening to a band and just saying "Deathcore!" and automatically assume that it is absolute bollocks. I listen to anything from Pendulum to Whitechapel, simply because I give anything a chance, not automatically judging stuff based on its genre, and try to have an open mind for all types of music. I think Whitechapel is a great band, as well as Suicide Silence and Bring Me the Horizon, but apart from those three I reckon bands labled as deathcore are pretty fucking bad.

You seriously must have read my mind. I hate it when all these "tr00 metal d00dz" who listen to black metal and death metal and ONLY black metal and death metal refuse to listen to bands just because they're deathcore. I certainly don't limit myself to any certain genres; I'm not afraid to admit that I like bands like Whitechapel, nor am I afraid to admit I also like bands like All Time Low.

Quote:
I'm sure if you made all these same remarks on Lambgoat you would be bombarded by and endless stream of people calling you out on your stupidity.

You forgot the part where they'd say "F.AGGOT SHIT BAND".
11:05 AM on 05/01/09
soilborn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They sell out shows and sell a lot of records. That's all that matters.
11:43 AM on 06/06/09
chelseaxsmilexD
AP.net's official punching bag
User Info.
clearly you aren't a fan of death metal because these guys definitely ARE NOT shitty deathcore

though I'm really not looking to start an outrageous debate about genres, this is death metal in its finest form. The music is extremely heavy and technical and the vox are brutal as fuck. Deathcore, at least from my understanding, uses more generic metalcore type riffs and attempts to become heavier by using mind numbing chug chugging (see bring me the horizon...), whereas here the musicians are actually talented and write extremely technical shit.
i'm not sure where i stand with this band because a lot of their songs do kinda sound the same, but many others are insane and awesome. Bring me the horizon used to be deathcore, so maybe you should have said.. old bmth, because now, they have metalcore songs. I actually think they're better now because they're more original and they have more synamic musicianship... but anyway... wc is on the fence. A bad album could kill 'em. A good album could make 'em. But suicide silence is better.
10:54 PM on 06/18/09
chelseaxsmilexD
AP.net's official punching bag
User Info.
I'm here to END THIS (note if you want to know what pros and everyone else says about whitechapel, skip to the end and skip the synopsis of the two. Unless you need to know.)

Though a sub-genre of metalcore, deathcore is heavily influenced by modern death metal in its speed, heaviness, and approach to chromatic, heavily palm mutedriffing and dissonance. Traditional growls, and screaming are prevalent, often combined with metalcore vocals. Much of deathcore features breakdowns and melodic riffs common in metalcore- so say wikipedia on deatchore.

Death metal is an extreme subgenre of heavy metal. It typically employs fast tempos, heavily distorted guitars, deep growling vocals, blast beat drumming, and complex song structures with multiple tempo changes- so say wikipedia on death metal....

Basically, death metal is like the cousin of grind, with deeper vocals, and it's less repetitive. Deathcore is metalocre and death metal if they had a baby.

Wikipedia says that Whitechapel is DEATHCORE
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News