AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Yours Truly - 01.07.09

Interviewed by
Yours Truly - 01.07.09The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer. Below you will find answers from bands that replied.

Yours Truly (website)
Questions answered by Drummer Danny Lavarco.

1) How did you get your bands name?
- When we were forming the band a few years ago, we wanted to choose a name that wouldn't define the type of genre that our band plays.

2) how did you get this band started?
- me and sal formed this band back in november of 2004. We used to be in various other bands together, and when the band prior to YT fell apart, we knew we wanted to stick together and we formed YT. We are extremely happy and confident in our current lineup.

3) what bands are you influenced by?
- we have a really wide variety of influences. Bands like Pantera, It Dies Today, Every Time I Die, Slipknot, Norma Jean, the list can just go on and on.

4) if you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
- we would love to tour with Every Time I Die the most. Wed also really like to tour with fellow local bands/friends such as a great band called Lady Radiator, and Millennium Children.

5) jf you were a furry animal, what animal would you be?
-

6) why should people listen to your band?
- I wouldn't exactly force our band upon anybody, but I'd love for everyone to check us out. We work hard in our band to accomplish goals that cause most local bands to fall apart. Were in the for the long haul.

7) if you were chosen to be in guitar hero/rock band. What song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
- this is a great question. Given some thought, I would have to say "Dude! The Rapture". Its not exactly the most difficult song to play but I think it would be a lot of fun for the player.

8) if you won a grammy, who would you thank?
- I would thank all the haters who have put me and this band down for years.

9) if you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
- I would definitely change the fact that you're more likely to "make it"
Because of "who you know". Its not fair for all the hard working bands, expecially striving bands like us. I think most could agree.

10) Memorable tour experience?
- YT haven't been able to tour as a unit YET, but last year when I was on tour playing with Royden, we were on a 3 da drive to California, handmade a day stop in Las Vegas. Bad idea. One person was drunk and lost in the desert, one came back to the hotel from a trip club at 10am. Another made his bed in the bathroom. Sucked for me because I was only 20 at the time, but I definitely had the last laugh haha. There is video around floating some where of the night.

11) what does ap.net mean to you?
- ap.net is great. I go on the site about 5 times a day. I find out all the news via ap.net, and is a great way to have your bands latests news float around as well. Special thanks to Anton for posting our news whenever we ask!

12) what is your favorite song to play?
- My favorite song to play is "The Long Lost Art Of Letterwritting". Its just so intense to play live.

13) what is your vacation spot of choice?
- Florida. I love the weather.

14) what music reminds you of your childhood?

- POD's "Fundamental Elements Of Southtown, Factory 81's "Mankind", Korn's "Follow The Leader". Roots man...roots.

15) if you can have any super power, what would it be and why?
- The ability to grow money off of my tree. Who wouldn't want that?!

16) do you feel that your band has "made it"?

- No way of shape or form have we made it yet.

17) what is something that most fans don't know about you?

- I am a closet NSYNC fan. Shhhhhh don't tell!

18) what's your favorite holiday?

- Halloween. I'd pick Christmas, but lets face it; the stores are packed, there is traffic all day every day for 2 months, and some fat guy in a santa outfit breaks into your house and eats you yummy cookies!

19) what do you like to do in your spare time?

- I love to play hockey. Me and Casey both play hockey, and Mark Costa plays soccer. It helps us keep ourselves in shape and is kind of like being in a band. You have to stay focused and teamwork is key. Music and sorts are very much alike.

20) what kind of hidden talents do you have?

- I've been told I have a pretty good tongue for rhyming haha. I have this joke rap project called "Dbizzle" I started it a few years back because I had nothing else to do. Ihavent posted anything new lately but maybe I should haha. Check it out at myspace.com/cbtdbizzle.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests