Username
Password
UK News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
UK
Inside AP.net

Reading And Leeds Festivals 2009 Lineup

Posted by: Paul Tao (03/30/09)
Most of the line-up for this year's Reading and Leeds Festivals have been announced, taking place August 28th-30th in the UK. Headliners are Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead and Kings of Leon, and other acts include Fall Out Boy, Brand New, The Prodigy, Bloc Party, Vampire Weekend, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, AFI, The Gossip, Glasvegas, The Gaslight Anthem and plenty more. You can find line-ups for each respective festival in the links above.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 54
12:46 PM on 03/30/09
MarkAndros
User Info.
I'd only go to the Radiohead/Brand New.
12:48 PM on 03/30/09
Paul Tao
User Info.
For the AP.net crowd, there's also Funeral For A Friend, Deftones, Gallows, AFI, Gaslight Anthem...not a bad line-up and that's not even counting RADIOHEAD of course.
12:52 PM on 03/30/09
thisismyname
User Info.
Radioheads "day" is pretty good. Radiohead, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Brand New, Bloc Party.

Prodigy, Placebo, and Friendly Fires would be nice to see as well.

They've had much better lineups in the past though.
12:56 PM on 03/30/09
secretemily
User Info.
oh my shit i am so excited for this next year.
01:05 PM on 03/30/09
EmotionalJack
JimmyNotJack
User Info.
I wish I lived in England
01:12 PM on 03/30/09
b'sing
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
woo!

i live in leeds
and i love bloc party

yes!
christmas cam early for me
jealous? better be
went last year and saw bloc party aswell
01:12 PM on 03/30/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
FOB and BN? Add Blink 182, and I'll go.
01:19 PM on 03/30/09
dom_182
Reckless Abandon
User Info.
I live in Reading and go to this festival every year. It used to be called 'Reading Rock Festival.' They've got the bands all wrong. Enter Shikari should never be on main stage (I love them but they're a smaller venue band) and should be playing later on. Gallows should NEVER be in the NME tent, especially not low down. Last year, they headlined the Lock Up tent which is the 'punk and hardcore' tent. They packed it out and went down a storm. Why change it?! Gallows HATE the NME, and so do their fans

There are far too many indie bands on there (by indie I mean all the British Indie that gets circulated again and again by NME magazine, and all sounds like a cheap copy of bands like Radiohead.

Needless to say, I'm massively dissapointed in this year's line-up. I actually think this might be my last Reading festival, and might go to Sonisphere or Download instead in 2010. Seriously pissed off with the organiser for this line up!

/rant
01:25 PM on 03/30/09
princesschad
sowing season
User Info.
Radiohead and Brand New playing at the same place, on the same day.

Why the hell do I not live there?!
01:26 PM on 03/30/09
alert=danger
twitter.com/christopmclean
User Info.
woo!

i live in leeds
and i love bloc party

yes!
christmas cam early for me
jealous? better be
went last year and saw bloc party aswell

Wow a Christmas Cam!
Just what i always wanted!

I live in Reading and go to this festival every year. It used to be called 'Reading Rock Festival.' They've got the bands all wrong. Enter Shikari should never be on main stage (I love them but they're a smaller venue band) and should be playing later on. Gallows should NEVER be in the NME tent, especially not low down. Last year, they headlined the Lock Up tent which is the 'punk and hardcore' tent. They packed it out and went down a storm. Why change it?! Gallows HATE the NME, and so do their fans

/rant

I'm a very big Gallows fan, but I still read NME as well as Rock Sound and Kerrang.
The NME tent, despite having the name is a bigger tent, due to the fact Gallows are big. The tent last year was way to small, and just becuase it says NME it doesnt change the tent at all. It is only a tent.
01:29 PM on 03/30/09
Shinobi1791
HAPPY HOLIDAYS, YOU BASTARDS!
User Info.
Lineup is a massive letdown so far for me. 2010 will be better i think. As said above Gallows should be in the Lock Up tent. Enter Shikari should also be in a tent or playing at night. Enter Shikari's live shows are better in the dark with lights. There's no metal on the main stage what so ever. Deftones are metal-ish i suppose. But maybe the metal bands will be announced at a later date. There's 5 spaces left on the sunday, there has to be Metal in there somewhere. Any idea when the rest of the lineup gets announced?
01:33 PM on 03/30/09
dom_182
Reckless Abandon
User Info.
Wow a Christmas Cam!
Just what i always wanted!

I'm a very big Gallows fan, but I still read NME as well as Rock Sound and Kerrang.
The NME tent, despite having the name is a bigger tent, due to the fact Gallows are big. The tent last year was way to small, and just becuase it says NME it doesnt change the tent at all. It is only a tent.
it's just that they refuse to have anything to do with it, and they suit the Lock Up stage a lot better. And yeah i suppose they have got a fair bit bigger over the last 2 years (understatement!) but why are they so low down?!

I seriously don't get it. Headlining Lock Up, as they did last year, is for bigger bands than ones lower down on the NME stage.
01:37 PM on 03/30/09
dom_182
Reckless Abandon
User Info.
Lineup is a massive letdown so far for me. 2010 will be better i think. As said above Gallows should be in the Lock Up tent. Enter Shikari should also be in a tent or playing at night. Enter Shikari's live shows are better in the dark with lights. There's no metal on the main stage what so ever. Deftones are metal-ish i suppose. But maybe the metal bands will be announced at a later date. There's 5 spaces left on the sunday, there has to be Metal in there somewhere. Any idea when the rest of the lineup gets announced?
i missed that one out. A SERIOUS lack of metal. I'd like some punk/metal on the main stage, and a fucking brilliant Lock Up. IF Lock Up is shit, I might as well sell my ticket.
01:43 PM on 03/30/09
alert=danger
twitter.com/christopmclean
User Info.
it's just that they refuse to have anything to do with it, and they suit the Lock Up stage a lot better. And yeah i suppose they have got a fair bit bigger over the last 2 years (understatement!) but why are they so low down?!

I seriously don't get it. Headlining Lock Up, as they did last year, is for bigger bands than ones lower down on the NME stage.
I suppose, I can see your point.
I have seen them about three times, and the first time, the venue was only big enough to hold 100 and there were about 200, it was one of the best shows I have seen, and I would rather see them in a smaller venue, but it may be their choice.
They may have asked where and when they play. I think more people will go to see them in the Lock up, if they headline then chances are people would rather see the main day headliner...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests