Username
Password
Money News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Money
Inside AP.net

Lollapalooza Tickets on Sale

Posted by: Mike Kraft (03/31/09)
Early bird tickets for Lollapalooza are now on sale.

Submitted by rachey201 and Liter-O-Cola

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24.
08:38 AM on 03/31/09
Liter-O-Cola
Is there a ghost in my house?
User Info.
I bought mine, can't wait...tickets had no taxes or service charges, which kicks ass.
08:40 AM on 03/31/09
nickstetina
User Info.
I bought mine, can't wait...tickets had no taxes or service charges, which kicks ass.
Dang, I'm impressed with that, but I guess when they already cost $175 or whatever it was...I can't bring myself to do that when they don't even have the line-up posted yet.
08:42 AM on 03/31/09
Liter-O-Cola
User Info.
Dang, I'm impressed with that, but I guess when they already cost $175 or whatever it was...I can't bring myself to do that when they don't even have the line-up posted yet.
That's understandable, although if you look back at previous line-ups you're pretty much guaranteed to have at least a few bands each day that you'll want to see. The festival is always really well produced too, and seeing anyone in grant park with the chicago skyline in the background is a pretty great experience in itself.
08:46 AM on 03/31/09
ashleycalhoun
break your own glass ceiling
User Info.
I've never been, though I'd really love to attend this year. When should they announce a lineup?
08:47 AM on 03/31/09
Liter-O-Cola
User Info.
I've never been, though I'd really love to attend this year. When should they announce a lineup?
Sometime in April
08:49 AM on 03/31/09
TheFallenAngel
User Info.
rumors has it that the headliners this year are Dpeche Mode, Janes Addiction, and Beastie Boys. No way I can justify dropping cash on this and traveling for that mediocrity.

It's a shame too because last year was unreal with Radiohead, Rage, and Kanye
09:00 AM on 03/31/09
Liter-O-Cola
User Info.
rumors has it that the headliners this year are Dpeche Mode, Janes Addiction, and Beastie Boys. No way I can justify dropping cash on this and traveling for that mediocrity.

It's a shame too because last year was unreal with Radiohead, Rage, and Kanye
Last year also had Black Lips, Butch Walker, Wilco, The Black Keys, Cat Power, Mates of State, Bloc Party, The Raconteurs, Mason Jennings, Steel Train, MGMT, Brand New, Devotchka, Okkervil River, Broken Social Scene, the Weakerthans, Flogging Molly, Iron and Wine, The National....ect. etc. etc

Just sayin, the whole lineup usually trumps the headliners (who are only the end of a whole day of music)...although last year did have some mega awesome headliners.
09:23 AM on 03/31/09
sodamnclever
it's a sign, bro.
User Info.
Ugh, I really want to buy mine now but I don't know....anyone catch tickets when they had $60 for a 3 day pass?! (It was a few weeks ago.) I was so pissed I didn't get one.
09:31 AM on 03/31/09
nulemoni
I am the D
User Info.
Ugh, I really want to buy mine now but I don't know....anyone catch tickets when they had $60 for a 3 day pass?! (It was a few weeks ago.) I was so pissed I didn't get one.
Yep, I got 2 of the $60 souvenir tickets. I was able to pick up the cheap tickets back in 2006 too.

Semi-confirmed artists:

Headliners:
Jane's Addiction, Beastie Boys, Depeche Mode, Kings of Leon
, Tool, and the Killers.

Non-headliners:
Ben Folds, The Decemberists, Lou Reed, Neko Case, Andrew Bird, Atmosphere, Friendly Fires, The NewNo2, Santigold, Kaiser Chiefs, Ezra Furman and the Harpoons, Delta Spirit...
09:41 AM on 03/31/09
heyozzie
It's evolution baby!
User Info.
last year is really gonna be hard to beat line up wise tho. insane. man that was a fun three days
09:47 AM on 03/31/09
live4music
Digitally Bathing
User Info.
I guarantee you, you could sell your ticket for profit if you decide not to go...
09:48 AM on 03/31/09
live4music
Digitally Bathing
User Info.
last year is really gonna be hard to beat line up wise tho. insane. man that was a fun three days
That was one of the funnest experiences of my life! You can't beat it location-wise (heart of the city, by the lake). And Radiohead, Kanye, Rage, Nine Inch Nails, and Wilco all at the same festival? Fuckin' ridiculous
10:10 AM on 03/31/09
lbc182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Every year I go to this 3 day Lollapalooza weekend it's the best weekend of the summer hands down. Besides all the bands, just the experience with your friends by the lake and Chicago skyline is just incredible.
11:03 AM on 03/31/09
ScottFarcas
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was at last years, and my god it was fucking insane, radiohead tripped me out while i was on shrooms, and rage just fucking rocked hard as hell
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS