Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts.
11:37 PM on 04/11/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
I've never ead a review before and believed that a band really does suck without even listening to them until now. This seems like a complete trainwreck.

Edit: Checked it out and you were right. The clean vocals are pretty decent but the screams...not so much.
05:19 PM on 04/15/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
Whatever term you use (similar/rip/replica) you talked way too much about their connection to Alesana.
There is a pont to the constant Alesana talk. These guys are a blatant rip off of Alesana which is easily their biggest downfall. It would be the same as a band that writes shitty lyrics and not clearly pointing out that the lyrics are a problem.
05:29 PM on 04/15/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
"This band sounds a lot like Alesana." There, point made. Not.. "This band is an exact replica of Alesana. Their singer sounds too much like Milke. They use screamers, like Alesana. But the screaming is decent, not like Alesana. I wonder if I can stand Alesana now. etc, etc.
Again, read the last sentence of my previous post.
06:12 PM on 04/15/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
You're an idiot. Stick to writing flattering reviews for second rate bands, and I'll keep comparing other bad releases to them.
Haha there's no point in explaining it to this kid.
06:22 PM on 04/15/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
It's ridiculous. Apparently they don't teach reading comprehension where he's from. Very possibly Ohio
So the education system in Ohio is sorely lacking? Anyway, he obviously doesn't understand you're pointing out that this band is more than just an Alesana sound-a-like and not that Alesana is bad(though we both know they are).
04:04 PM on 05/03/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
I just get pretty pissed when someone either says or insinuates I "didn't listen." IDC about criticism, when it's actually presented correctly, but not a soul on these boards seems capable of that.

Lyrics were above average, I saw no reason to delve into them on a once over review. And I'm not sure if you've read any other reviews of mine, but I think it's quite clear I can drone on about song structures and describe the songs. This review was done from this focal point because, in my opinion, the similarities were overwhelming. Production, IMO, didn't really need mentioning; most people just want to know there's a high production value, which there was. Including that the tracks sounded well recorded and mixed wouldn't have taken away from the harshness off the review, it just would have seemed off topic. I wasn't mad when writing the review; I have absolutely no vendetta against this band, either before or after this review.
You're definitely hitting it lucky with responses to you reviews this weekend eh?
06:58 PM on 05/06/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
All you need is a record collection to be a reviewer. At least the real critics were in a band or had friends in bands. Some know how to play an instrument or write a song, something to give them some credibility.I mean why bother reviewing a record and giving it a 33/100, seems like a waste of time. I would just write nothing at all, and it saves public embarrassment. This is kind of like posting your failing grade at school in front of everyone. Useless.
It would be ok if it had any merit, and it was constructive and knowledgable.
Too many young bands trying to make it out there, who needs this shit?
What the fuck is wrong with you? If a band sucks(much like this one), they deserve a low score. Would you give Brokencyde, Millionaires, etc, a high score just because they're young bands?

..and we're all great reviewers. You don't need to be in a band to be able to critique music.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests