Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 18 posts
05:38 PM on 04/13/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
Good review (although the hating on Alesana was kind of overdone; but the actual review of the album was good).
04:22 PM on 04/14/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
...except Alesana sucks.

But i wasn't really hating on them, just observing this band sounds like them.
No, I wasn't saying the review was bad, it's just that there's 2 whole paragraphs devoted to Alesana, which is kind of overdoing it.
04:42 PM on 04/15/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
No.. There's not. It's all about the band just with comments regarding them. I really doubt your comprehension skills.
The point I was trying to make was that you overdid it with all the Alesana comparisons. We get it, they sound similar.
06:14 PM on 04/15/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
Similar doesn't cut it. It's almost a rip in a lot of places. Pretty much not something you can ignore.
Whatever term you use (similar/rip/replica) you talked way too much about their connection to Alesana.
06:24 PM on 04/15/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
There is a pont to the constant Alesana talk. These guys are a blatant rip off of Alesana which is easily their biggest downfall. It would be the same as a band that writes shitty lyrics and not clearly pointing out that the lyrics are a problem.
"This band sounds a lot like Alesana." There, point made. Not.. "This band is an exact replica of Alesana. Their singer sounds too much like Milke. They use screamers, like Alesana. But the screaming is decent, not like Alesana. I wonder if I can stand Alesana now. etc, etc.
10:12 PM on 04/15/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
You're an idiot. Stick to writing flattering reviews for second rate bands, and I'll keep comparing other bad releases to them.
You've gotta chill. I wasn't trying to start an arguement, I was just telling you that the constant comparisons to another band was overdone.
10:35 PM on 04/15/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
Your argument is pointless, and i'm not the only one who thinks so. I rarely get up in arms over criticism, but when it's based on something that makes no sense I'll argue it. Have you heard this whole EP? If not, there's no way for you to even know the extent of the comparison.
I've checked them out. I see your point. I'm not denying that the two bands sound alike. What I was saying was the comments about the similarities were a bit excessive.
10:48 PM on 04/15/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
... which they weren't? I didn't constantly make comparisons to the sound, I just referenced a few ways as to how they sounded like them, and used them as a bit of humor throughout.
I'm just saying...it caught my attention, and it kind of took away from the review.
04:28 PM on 05/04/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
And discussing is one thing but running in on a high horse and proclaiming me wrong is another.
It is possible for you to be wrong, dude.
08:36 PM on 05/04/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
Yeah, if you ask me a science question and I give the incorrect answer.

But asking, "Hey, what do you think of this album?"

It's a fucking opinion, so no I can't. Don't worry, no more negative reviews from me, from here on out it's happiness and sunshine for each one. Apparently people can't handle a harsh (yet truthful) review.
Dude, I'm not against negative reviews, and it's not like I'm a fan of this band upset that you gave them a bad review, I haven't even heard this before. But other posters also seem to think that your comparisons to Alesana were excessive and also not accurate.

So the singer sounds like Shawn Milke....ok, it's voice, he can't change his voice....Escape the Fate aren't ripping off From First to Last, are they? The muliple screamers? Lots of bands have more than one screamer, and like some other poster said, I've never heard Alesana break into blue grass or write a song using jazz chords. Song titles? You seriously ripped on them for the name of one of their songs?

Come on....you can do better.
08:39 PM on 05/04/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
Well I really liked it, I think Whispered Hallows is great. I disagree with the review.
I thought the review in general was your typical sub-standard review from someone with a meager cd collection. I found the comparisons to another band generic, and lacking in any real substance.
I do see a pattern developing here though, in the sense that certain people just seem to unqualified to comment on music when they are somewhat clueless about what goes into the work involved. It is really a shame that some Bands work so hard only to see years of toil and heartache put down this way. A few paragraphs to the wrong people and the next thing you know you have a small epidemic of disdain and negative fallout.
shame.
I think you're right. I agree that the constant comparisons to another band is just a way to take up space in a review, and that because they sound slightly like a band he hates, he has to trash them to save face.
08:50 PM on 05/04/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
To save face? How does that even make sense?
As in, if I admit this band is decent, I'll lose my reputation......read the post where I was actually talking to you, bro.
08:52 PM on 05/04/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
I've found two new users for my ignore list. I've already backed those arguments, not sure if you'd like me to repeat myself. And trust me, even you shouldn't agree with that idiot, I can point you in a direction where he made an obvious idiot of himself and proved he has neither backing nor credibility behind his arguments with plenty of people backing me up on that.
Well, it didn't take you long to find another guy with like 30 posts to start shit with.
09:01 PM on 05/04/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
He actually started shit in the other thread, youre once again displaying your ignorance.
I'm talking about this thread.
09:26 PM on 05/04/09
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
Yeah, I'm not going to ignore him posting in another of my reviews with his assanine comments after the last one where he completely floored me with his ignorance.
Yeah, I saw the Madina Lake review, I actually thought it was pretty funny. But here, you have to admit, he has a point.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos