Treaty Of Paris
- These guys sound like a young Fall Out Boy. Their stuff is catchy, cliche pop-punk and very addicting. Check it out if you're into that sort of craziness.
- Jeremy sounds like Anberlin meets Coldplay (his voice sounds VERY Anberlin-ish, and the melodies/piano lines remind me of Coldplay). This stuff is super chill and pretty. Great tunes.
Envy On The Coast
- A friend just told me about them yesterday. They're solid "scene-rock" (i just made up my own genre) and they have some hooky material. The major label they supposedly signed to probably won't market them correctly and they'll probably flop as a result, but oh well, still very good stuff. They should've stayed independent though! Doh!
- Honestly, I have their album on my desk right now and I havent listened to it much (because of Thanksgiving and other family events), but the songs on their pureVOLUME.com page are fantastical. This stuff is straight-forward chill rock, check it out.
I'm Aileen. Sometimes I merch on tour, often times I photograph, most of the time I intern in the music industry and attend college in New York City. This time I am helping my pal Frankie G (not to be mistaken with Frankie J) with his Sunday recommendations.
Album I Wish I Had Known About Sooner: *Mew
Most Underrated Band: *Days Away
Band That Is So Insanely Talented I Don't Understand Why They're Not Huge Yet: *The Receiving End Of Sirens
Band That Will Win You Bragging Rights When They Get Ridiculously Popular: * Monty
* (formerly Monty's Fan Club)
Recommended Song On Repeat: *Thrice
- Red Sky *
Album I Will Always Love And Everyone Else Should Too: *Wilco
- Yankee Hotel Foxtrot*
Recommended Unsigned (For Now) Band: *Jonezetta
Recommended Upcoming Tour: *Motion City Soundtrack
These Recs Wouldn't Be Complete Without Mentioning My Favorite Band From Warped Tour: *Bedouin Soundclash