It's been a while since i've listed some recommendations, so I decided it was time to get back on track. Here's an overview of what i've been spinning lately:
- Dinosaur Sounds
- Alot of people tend to shit on this record, and especially those who praised the bands older material. If you throw aside the fact that Tomas Kalnoky no longer fronts this band, it's much, much easier to get into. This record is filled with ridiculously catchy hooks, and it's grows on me each time I give it a listen.
- It Means Everything
- I'll tell you right now, i'm not a very big fan of too many female vocalists, but Monique Powell's voice is phenomenal. This record is straight-up, danceable, third-wave ska, and the bands horn section is amazing. Check it out, if for some reason you haven't already.
Five Iron Frenzy
- Our Newest Album Ever!
- In my opinion, the bands best release. It's a shame that these guys (and girl) broke up, but it's a treat to bust out their albums nowadays. Listen!
Case of the Mondays
- Swimmin' With Plus Size Women
- These guys are an up and coming, ska-punk band out of New Jersey. I just uploaded a review for their latest EP in our database, so check it out, and give these guys a spin.
- STRPL 0001 E.P.
- Unfortunately, I can't seem to find this EP anywhere. Nonetheless, it's five tracks that are jam-packed full of hooks, talent, and awesomeness. Now that's what I call a ska supergroup!
Alright, that's all i've got for you this time. I hope everyones week is fantastic, and i'll see you next Sunday!