AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Whole Wheat Bread - Minority Rules Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.75
Musicianship 7.5
Lyrics 8.75
Production 7.75
Creativity 8
Lasting Value 9.5
Reviewer Tilt 8.5
Final Verdict: 84%
Member Ratings
Vocals 8.63
Musicianship 7.75
Lyrics 8.38
Production 8.25
Creativity 7.88
Lasting Value 7.75
Reviewer Tilt 9.38
Average: 83%
Inside AP.net

Whole Wheat Bread - Minority Rules

Reviewed by: fredrico0012 (11/27/05)
Want some good punk songs? So did I. Well while browsing the Internet I came across this one band. I listened to some of their stuff and I thought, "Man, these guys are good." In fact they are the best band I've discovered just surfing the net.

Who are they you ask? They are Whole Wheat Bread. Well after I discovered them I downloaded their EPK and that's when I started my search for this album. For months I looked in stores and on the internet for this album. No stores had it and no where on the internet could I find it to download. Finally about two weeks ago I found the album and I've been listening to it since then.

Well the album starts off with the song Broke. Its a good little number that talks about them not having money and such. Next is Load and Clear, ok song, not bad, but not good. Next is the single Old Man Samson. Its about drinking and getting drunk. Its got a good little guitar riff that makes it sound like a country song. Next is Miss Perfection which is about a girl that like one of the band members but didn't want to be seen in public with him. Nice little song it is. Scar Your Lungs is a song about pretty much not wasting you life smoking, even though the guys do. Its got a pretty good chorus. Next comes Police Song. Its a pretty typical punk song talking about how they don't like the police and such. Holly is a song about this girl who has a POS boyfriend. Its a pretty good song that all little girls who seem to keep going back to their shitty boyfriends should listen. This next song as the best intro in my opinion. No Future is the name of the song. It starts of with a hip hop style of beat then it gets into the song. Feel Like Shit, now this is my favorite song on the whole album. It has a cool riff that plays throughout the song and has just one of those sing-a-long feels to it. Next is Overrated, a song about how its dumb how people worship people. The last song is Miss the Bus. In my opinion its not a very good song, just an excuse to say fuck alot. Next is the bonus songs where their rap alter egos take over and the make some decent rap songs.

All in all its a pretty good album, and if one day your like, "Aw, I need some new music." get this.

Oh yeah, did I mention they bes black?

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4.
10:16 AM on 08/31/06
Rock_or_Die
User Info.
I had to order my copy in. No stores really carry it. Great punk band, good rifts and lyrics. Have you ever missed the bus and not said fuck alot?
10:08 PM on 07/13/08
bummm
Slave 2 tha booty
User Info.
Aha I love there name.
07:39 PM on 09/05/09
Jaimehere
Support local music!
User Info.
very underrated band, fucking love em' and they make good hiphop songs/covers too with Punk Life
Options
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS