Password

Album Review

Long Shot Hero - Regrets No More Album Cover

Long Shot Hero - Regrets No More

Reviewed by
Long Shot Hero - Regrets No More
Release Date: 2005
Record Label: Ultraskye Records

First off, lets get one thing out of the way; it seems Bam Margera isn't the only good thing to come out of West Chester, PA, as i'm proud to introduce to you Long Shot Hero. C'mon, you know who they are, those catchy, ska-punk kids who have been making more of a buzz than Jason in a Friday the 13th movie. Although they sound like they've been in this business for years, these guys and girls are really just making their move now. Regrets No More is the long-awaited, highly anticipated, debut full-length from Long Shot Hero. Although the album only contains a mere 10 tracks, each have the potential to become a lasting hit amongst music lovers ears, and prove that this is the album that could very easily unite punk and ska lovers alike.

The album kicks off with "EYF", which in my mind is the perfect opening track for the record, and a wise choice for the song to get things rolling by the members of the band. Combine a blazing guitar riff, powerful, brassy horns, and an in-your-face chorus, and you've just listed the contents of the albums premiere track. Next comes "Fate", the albums second track, which almost instantly shows listeners that Long Shot Hero are more than just your everyday ska-punk band. Doug Moore (guitar) displays that he's got just as many upstrokes in him as he does fast-paced, powerful riffs. Chris Irons (vocals) leads the way on the first of the albums countless sing-a-longs as the chorus hits your ears, one that you couldn't get out of your head if you wanted to. "Attached", the albums fifth track, is all you need to become convinced of Long Shot Hero's horn sections talent, which consists of trumpeter Joel Frederick, and Kate 'Shady' Campbell on trumpet and trombone. "Attached" is another skanking song that will get you dancing around, shaking your arms in the air, screaming the lyrics back to your stereo, or doing whatever the hell else it is you crazy kids like to do. "109 Miles To Tamaqua", clocking in at 3 minutes and 14 seconds, shows you what would happen if New Found Glory and the Suburban Legends crafted a song together. It's a fast, jumpy, ska-punk tune with yet another mesmerizing, finely tuned chorus thats bound to have you singing it over and over. "Final Exam" shows another side of Long Shot Hero, a much more toned down, melodic side, yet shows they can pull of more than just what they're recognized for. "Supocto (The Rock Jawn)" is the albums ninth track with an opening riff that sounds reminiscent of ACDC (just wait till you hear the intro and guitar solo), but plows its way into what Long Shot Hero do best, creating catchy, summer songs. As we reach the closing track of the album, "Wasted On Arrival", we're blasted with the title of the album in our ears, and has you singing along before you even know what the hell's going on. In my mind, this track single-handedly makes the album worth your time and money, and shows just what Long Shot Hero are capable of, combining the best elements of the album we've experienced this far as well as guest vocals from friend Jeff Rossentock (The Arrogant Sons of Bitches).

Although Regrets No More comes to a close much sooner that I hoped it would, you can't help but coming out of this album with a smile on your face, and the thought in your mind that you've just experienced one of the best albums 2005 has to offer. I don't care what the critics have to say, and i'm telling you straight up to throw aside any negative comments you might hear about this record before you experience it first-hand for yourself. This is what music should sound like, and West Chester's finest have showed us that they aren't going anywhere. Keep an extra pair of pants handy when you pop this thing in your stereo, because I can guarantee you that you'll be needing them.
This review is a user submitted review from Brandon Allin. You can see all of Brandon Allin's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version