AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Stick To Your Guns, The - Comes From The Heart Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7
Musicianship 6.75
Lyrics 7
Production 7
Creativity 6
Lasting Value 5.75
Reviewer Tilt 7
Final Verdict: 66%
Member Ratings
Vocals 8.38
Musicianship 7.75
Lyrics 10
Production 9.5
Creativity 6.63
Lasting Value 7.75
Reviewer Tilt 7.88
Average: 83%

Stick To Your Guns, The - Comes From The Heart

Reviewed by: Handraa (04/13/09)
Stick to Your Guns - Comes From the Heart
Record Label: Century Media Records
Release Date: May 13, 2008

Have you lost faith in the hardcore genre? It seems that you can hardly find any good bands in the genre anymore. But have no fear, Stick To Your Guns are here, and they aren't letting this genre die out anytime soon.

The album opens with the track "Heart From the Heartless" and kick things right off with a great combination of skilled guitarist and a great drummer. As Comes From The Heart continues they use this pattern in every song.

Instrumentally, Stick To Your Guns doesn't bring anything new to the table, but are very skilled. The guitarists play some nice leads and can create some great breakdowns together. Stick To Your Guns has a way of making every song flow well together. There guitarist can quickly transfer from a melody straight to a breakdown, and not many bands can do that these days. They also possess a very skilled drummer who does an extraordinary job behind the set. "Tonight's Entertainment" is a great example of the band as a whole.

Stick To Your Guns vocalists took me completely by surprise. As "Heart From The Heartless" opened the album, I had no expectations of hearing any clean vocals whatsoever. "Enough's Enough" and "Accessory Children" shows just how melodic this band can get, and it doesn't sound bad at all (it sounds like a chorus from a Haste The Day song). Stick To Your Guns should continue putting a fair share of melodic spots in their music. The growling vocalist has talent in the aspect that he can both speak quickly and he can say what he needs to say. He doesn't hold anything back and has a positive message in all his lyrics and every song seems as if it is an anthem to different problems. "You'll knock us down, we'll get back up. We are the driving force. We'll tear this down, we'll push our luck. We are the driving force." Comes From The Heart is also full of gang vocals, and at times can be a little too much, but if your a big fan of gang vocals, go ahead and sing along.

Stick To Your Guns seems to do the same thing in each song. Every song starts out with a running double bass, crazy guitar riff, gang vocals, breakdown and then finishes it out with the same hardcore sound you're used to hearing. Even though this is nothing new, if your a big fan of the genre, you're sure to love every song on this album.

Recommended If You LikeComeback Kid; A heavier Rise Against; Stand Your Ground; A positive Hatebreed (if you can imagine)

Check out Stick to Your Guns on Myspace.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
10:36 PM on 04/21/09
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
User Info.
This was a fun record the first time I got it. The one thing I have a problem with is that you say a lot of good things about it but pretty much gave it a "D" according to the ratings system.
11:42 PM on 04/21/09
OldJersey
I respect women
User Info.
Very good review, fair score and I think the last line is a great thing to mention and close with.
12:39 AM on 04/22/09
Cheesus
nope
User Info.
still need to check this out... this review makes me want to even more
02:18 AM on 04/22/09
mybreakingpoint
User Info.
the RIYL makes me intrigued. good review, too.
08:20 AM on 04/22/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
This was a fun record the first time I got it. The one thing I have a problem with is that you say a lot of good things about it but pretty much gave it a "D" according to the ratings system.
66% = 7/10 = Above Average
09:13 AM on 04/22/09
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
the RIYL makes me intrigued. good review, too.
Thanks, I really enjoy The Injured List
10:29 PM on 04/22/09
YouSmellExcited
those who can't do run AP.net ;)
User Info.
not their best work...
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives