Username
Password

05:53 AM on 12/03/05 
User Info.
Brandon Allin
Undisputed Champ
Toronto, ON
Male - 26 Years Old
Well, here we go again; another Sunday! I hope everyone had a great week and are now ready to sit back and check out some new bands. I had Rory Edwards from Razbari Sumthing, who happen to have a new record coming out very soon (he'll tell you all about it in a minute), join me this week, so be sure to check out his recommendations following mine. Here we go:

Catch 22 - Live - In case you didn't check out my review of this disc recently, let me explain my feelings towards it. This 21-song live mash-up is awesome! The sound quality is extremely polished for a live record, and I highly suggest you pick this one up.

Mu330 - Ultra Panic - Even though this one has been out for quite some time now, I can never seem to get tired of it. This is easily some of the bands best work, in my honest opinion.

The Know How - HappyFunRobotKillTime - I've just recently taken a liking to The Know How, and it's safe to say i'm addicted. This is the bands second full-length, and in my opinion their best, but don't hesitate to give their latest release (Now In Technicolor) a spin either!

That's all for me this week. I figured i'd keep it short and sweet at three! Anyways, a big thanks to Rory for joining me this week. Now, let's get to his rec's:

-------------------------Rory Edwards' (Razbari Sumthing) Recommendations-------------------------

Hey everyone! This is Rory from Razbari Sumthing. First order of business is the shameless self promotion, where I tell you that our new CD, The Great Distraction, is going to be available Friday, December 9th for the first time at our CD release show! All of the bands on the bill are worth checking out. Public Access from Albany, The Naked Citizens from Orange County AND Rex Banner from Buffalo. All three of these bands are great! But, anyways, on to the recommendations:

World Inferno/Friendship Society - Sometimes called "ska"; to me it defies classification. Whether you love em or hate em, they are doing something completely fresh and original. Do yourself a favor and check them out!

Against Me! - The new record caused quite a commotion in the punk community. But, I would recommend picking up The Disco Before the Breakdown. One of
the best EP's in my collection; it says in 3 songs what few bands say in an entire record.

The Clash - Know your roots. That's all I have to say about The Clash.

Refused - They are a bit too preachy for some tastes, but they changed a lot of peoples perceptions on what hardcore and punk music CAN be. They are often citied as influencing younger bands, and for good reason. Politics aside, the music is killer.

That's all, ladies and gentlemen, I appreciate your time, and make sure to check www.razsum.com for The Great Distraction and information about upcoming shows! Cheers!

Rory
10:32 AM on 12/03/05 
User Info.
Ratherbedead22
BROKEN GLASS
Des Plaines, IL /...
Male - 28 Years Old
brandon, last time you posted i was gonna yell at you to do something about mu330.

and ultra panic is a very good cd. its been a while since i've listened to ska. i used to be obsessed too. time to hit up the old albums.
10:26 PM on 12/03/05 
User Info.
aminorthreat55
Bunuelito!
Baltimore, Maryland
Male
The Clash + Refused = Amazing recs.
08:32 AM on 12/04/05 
User Info.
anothernobody
Champions, Champions
Essex, UK