AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Killswitch Engage News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Killswitch Engage Announce Self-Titled Album

Posted by - 11:49 AM on 04/14/09
Killswitch Engage have announced their new album, Killswitch Engage, to be released on June 30, 2009. A full press release with artwork can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 54
11:49 AM on 04/14/09
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

New York, NY:
Massachusetts' finest hard rock purveyors, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, have announced the title for their eagerly anticipated fourth album for Roadrunner Records. The title is Killswitch Engage. The album, produced by Brendan O'Brien (AC/DC, Rage Against the Machine) and co-produced by guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz, will hit stores on June 30.

Some of the working track titles for the album include "Reckoning," "The Forgotten," "Light in a Darkened World" and "Starting Over." Vocalist Howard Jones offered a little insight into Killswitch Engage, saying, “It was time for us to step outside of our comfort zone and try something a little different with this record. It definitely still sounds like us, but we needed to be refreshed and take things a little further." The singer also comments on the album being the band's second self-titled effort of its career, saying, "When we all couldn’t agree on an album title, someone suggested we just keep it self-titled and we all pretty much agreed…gives it the feeling of a fresh new beginning."

Killswitch Engage have been playing the tentatively titled "Light in a Darkened World" during their set on the Music As A Weapon Tour, where they are serving as main support to Disturbed. The band also performed the song as the opening act of the first annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards, which were held on Tuesday, April 7 in Los Angeles. The song, sandwiched between "My Curse" and the band's uniquely Killswitch'ed cover of Dio's classic anthem "Holy Diver," generated plenty of excitement among the crowd and set the tone for the show. The awards and KsE's performance will be broadcast on MTV2 on May 2.

The band will spend the summer touring as a main stage attraction on the second annual Rockstar Energy Mayhem Fest. Jones also commented on the upcoming tour, saying, "We are excited and thrilled to share the stage this summer with Bullet For My Valentine, Slayer and Marilyn Manson. We hope to entertain and enjoy our time interacting with both old friends and new friends daily. Prepare yourself for laughs, riffs and the unexpected. We will do all we can to make you move, yell and ponder who made the mistake of letting us onstage. You have been warned. Oh, and watch new episodes of The Office."

Killswitch Engage album cover art is now viewable exclusively at the band's artist page on www.roadrunnerrecords.com. Check it out at http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/new...?releaseID=315.
11:53 AM on 04/14/09
ijbet59
User Info.
niceee!
11:55 AM on 04/14/09
delvec19
i wanna hear the same song twice
User Info.
awesome!
11:58 AM on 04/14/09
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
Mayhem is gonna be awesome! And so is this cd!
12:05 PM on 04/14/09
DejaNew
I'm back with scars to show
User Info.
Solid
12:13 PM on 04/14/09
sweepthenation
Vickadelphia
User Info.
Sick cant wait
12:28 PM on 04/14/09
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
Guaranteed to be suck-free...can't wait.
12:28 PM on 04/14/09
YouSmellExcited
those who can't do run AP.net ;)
User Info.
ugly nu metal lacuna coil/evanescence looking garbage
12:31 PM on 04/14/09
daygreen89
User Info.
i'm stoked on this.
12:32 PM on 04/14/09
boogygirl17
User Info.
I'm pretty excited to hear some of this.
12:39 PM on 04/14/09
Scott Farcas
User Info.
wow 4 albums I want in the month of june, anti-flag,rancid,third eye blind, and now killswitch its going to be sweet.
12:43 PM on 04/14/09
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Their first album was self-titled. Strange. Still can't wait for this.
12:48 PM on 04/14/09
superichie
Punk Rock Drummer
User Info.
FUCK yeah! So excited for this.
12:57 PM on 04/14/09
joe.boy.fresh.
Registered Member
User Info.
So Stoked

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News