Password
Doghouse Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Doghouse Records
Inside AP.net

Limbeck Demoing New Material

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (12/04/05)
Limbeck has updated their journal regarding some demos they've been recording:

Limbeck Journal Entryso i skipped out on the journaling about the remainder of our demoing week. but it was pretty breakneck speed. the good things that happened were:
-how kickass jonny's drumming sounds all over the place
-justin's ridiculously good basslines all over the place
-robby's recording techniques and adlib vocals
-my beatles-y sounding guitar on a jam called "big drag"
we finished up real late like on friday night after some quick little mix downs. my dog cut her eye on friday... it sounds really tragic, but she's doing ok. so i was a little overly stressed out on friday.
so last night we had a show in ventura at this place called the Alpine.
the room is a little bit too big, cuz it could fit about 500 people or so and the stage was real tall, and the drum riser was taller. the show started all early like cuz there were a lotta bands... then when the 3rd band was playin they said "limbeck is next.." and we were caught off guard. i guess the other band playin didn't show up. they're called fingers cut megamachine. they're a good band, we played with them before at the knitting factory in LA. so apparently (according to their website) they thought the show was happening today. oops. so since it was 9:00pm, and we were the last band, we decided to play for a long time. we played a few of the new songs that we've been demoing, and we messed around for a long time. it was cool. we played for about an hour and a half. then we decided we were gonna go to a bar, which ended up being a BJ's pizza that was only open for 15 minutes. we tried to go to a mexican bar across the street with these crazy mirrored walls, but there was a $20 cover!! so then we drove south for a long time, some of us went to in n out, and then we all ended up at this place called the chimney sweep. i played GOLDEN TEE until i got kicked out.
RIGHT ON.
* by, patrick at 11:41 am

Source: forthesound.com

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
03:14 PM on 12/04/05
zeketheplmbr
SPACESHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User Info.
I miss their "Back To Racine" sound. But that's just me.
03:15 PM on 12/04/05
zeketheplmbr
SPACESHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User Info.
Originally Posted by insertseason
geez how long has let me come home been out?

lol Aug 2005
03:18 PM on 12/04/05
romantic rights
User Info.
Originally Posted by insertseason
geez how long has let me come home been out?

not very long at all.
03:24 PM on 12/04/05
AdamTheBomb21
True Punk Fan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good band though. I saw them with Apollo Sunshine and just really cool guys
03:24 PM on 12/04/05
Talib Scottie
Isn't it a pity?
User Info.
Hi Everything's Great is such a fantastic record, but Their latest was solid as well
04:11 PM on 12/04/05
eldonhenley
User Info.
Their latest release was kinda flimsy compared to "Hi, Everything's Great," so I think it's a good thing that they're already gettin' some new stuff prepped. Hopefully they'll get their magic back on this one!
I haven't seen them since Jon joined the band, but when I saw him w/ the Benjamins, he was great. I'm glad he's workin' out nicely!
04:39 PM on 12/04/05
JIMMYateEARTH
One Angery Puddy-tat
User Info.
Originally Posted by eldonhenley
Their latest release was kinda flimsy compared to "Hi, Everything's Great," so I think it's a good thing that they're already gettin' some new stuff prepped. Hopefully they'll get their magic back on this one!
I haven't seen them since Jon joined the band, but when I saw him w/ the Benjamins, he was great. I'm glad he's workin' out nicely!

You're crazy, both albums are awesome. Let me come home is even better in some places than, Hi everything is great in my opinion
05:34 PM on 12/04/05
Ailite
one bright dusk
User Info.
I love Let Me Come Home, but he only came out 3 months ago. Fast?
06:34 PM on 12/04/05
yourmom91685
is Shan!
User Info.
The fact that they're recording demos doesn't have anything to do with how long ago the last album was released. Just because they have new songs doesn't mean they're gonna have a new disc. They were playin' People Don't Change and The TV Song live a year before Let Me Come Home was released.

They just got added to the TAI/AAR tour in a few cities. I'm pretty stoked, cause they play Seattle on my last night before I go home for Christmas and Portland my first day back. I originally wasn't gonna go cause tickets are kinda pricey, but Limbeck makes it worth it.
09:49 PM on 12/04/05
blaubs21
It's still 2003, right?
User Info.
Fingers Cut Mega Machine=amazing goodness. still not as good as Osker, but hey Devon's the man still.

on to Limbeck, Jon Philip is a crazy good drummer, but it left the Obsoletes in jeopardy now I guess. which sucks, cause the Obsoletes were a pretty rockin band. here's to hoping the new Limbeck demos kick ass.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests