Username
Password

Album Review

Native - We Delete; Erase EP Album Cover

Native - We Delete; Erase EP

Reviewed by
NativeWe Delete; Erase
Record Label: Sargent House / Big Scary Monsters
Release Date 2008 (U.S.) / April 20, 2009 (U.K.)
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
Who?

Another solid signing by Sargent House and later Big Scary Monsters, Native create a forceful middle ground between screamy post-hardcore and calming noodle-rock (a la Minus The Bear).

How Is It?

It’s been a slow climb for Native. Their EP saw countless pressings before catching the ear of Sargent House. But it’s simple, fans of impressive guitar playing who don’t mind a shouted vocal or twelve should adore We Delete; Erase. The album is joyfully diverse, as there are vocal sections reminiscent of scene heroes Trophy Scars (“Ride The Tide”) juxtaposed to numbers that are mostly instrumental and completely zany (“Something About Swordsmanship”). To me, this is creativity incarnate. I think it goes without saying that their new record is highly, highly anticipated.

Recommended If You Like: Loom, This Town Needs Guns, christmas eve, These Arms Are Snakes, birthday eve

Get in this barn!www.myspace.com/nativein

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
03:06 PM on 04/15/09
hockeyguitar99
Prison Strength
User Info.
Great EP. Nice review.
05:03 PM on 04/15/09
sargenthouse
User Info.
love this band, keep an eye out people - they just turned in their first full length album yesterday! it was produced by Chris Common at Red Room Studios who is the master mind who not only plays drums in These Arms are Snakes but who also produced TAAS' last two albums, yea keeping it all in the Sargent House family yo!

native will be on tour all summer with La Dispute and they kill live so say hi to our kids when they roll into your town

we are stoked, hope you all will be too when you hear it. This self made EP that was reviewed is just the tip of the new iceburg
05:09 PM on 04/15/09
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
love this band, keep an eye out people - they just turned in their first full length album yesterday! it was produced by Chris Common at Red Room Studios who is the master mind who not only plays drums in These Arms are Snakes but who also produced TAAS' last two albums, yea keeping it all in the Sargent House family yo!

native will be on tour all summer with La Dispute and they kill live so say hi to our kids when they roll into your town

we are stoked, hope you all will be too when you hear it. This self made EP that was reviewed is just the tip of the new iceburg
la dispute and native together? I think that would be too much for little ol' me!
05:47 PM on 04/15/09
tfar06
User Info.
native is solid. if you like native i reccomend the reptillian.
06:09 PM on 04/15/09
mymusicismylife
Disgruntled wheat thins enthusiast
User Info.

Touring with La Dispute? That alone will make me check them out.
11:52 PM on 04/15/09
kickstandnabeel
Nabeel Shaikh
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I saw Native on a tour I booked for a band called Giants. They were awesome and i've been addicted to them since. Glad to hear about the new forthcoming album.
03:50 AM on 04/16/09
thatwasamoment
RICH GANNON WAR WAGON
User Info.
Good stuff indeed
04:34 AM on 04/16/09
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Awesome band, people need to check them out. Good job Blake.
03:09 PM on 04/17/09
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.

just checked the dates and i'm sad to say they won't be in my town this summer
08:04 PM on 04/18/09
JustAGirl01
I think. I AM.
User Info.
native rules! sweet review
08:04 PM on 04/18/09
JustAGirl01
I think. I AM.
User Info.
ps. never heard of Loom but will definitely check them out now
10:28 PM on 07/05/09