Hopeless Records' 2013 Love Is Hopeless compilation is now on iTunes.
01) All Time Low True Colors (Cyndi Lauper cover)
02) We Are The In Crowd Grenade (Bruno Mars cover)
03) The Used Surrender
04) Air Dubai Toxic (Britney Spears cover)
05) Divided By Friday Locked Out Of Heaven (Bruno Mars cover)
06) For The Foxes I Will Follow You Into The Dark (Death Cab For Cutie cover)
07) Yellowcard Always Summer (Acoustic)
08) Anarbor Useless
09) The Dangerous Summer No Ones Gonna Need You More (Acoustic)
10) Driver Friendly Lost Boys
Apple has announced that music fans have purchased and downloaded more than 25 billion songs from the iTunes Store. Kind of related: yesterday I was trying to find stats about iTunes charts when I was writing up this commentary, and found this cool site that lets you search for songs that have been on the charts and get all kinds of information about them.
Venna released a live video of their song, "Quitting Contest," that was performed before their show at the Abbey Pub in Chicago last Saturday, that you can find in the replies. The song is from their new album, Third Generation Hymnal, which was released yesterday, and can be streamed for free on Spotify. You can digitally purchase the album on iTunes or Amazon and the physical on the band's webstore if your heart so desires.
Blink-182's new Dogs Eating Dogs EP is now available for pre-order on iTunes. I've been listening to it the past few days, and as a huge Blink fan, I'm not let down at all. Took a few listens for it to all set in, getting new Blink music still feels like it shouldn't be happening. There's a lot of dual vocals (although definitely more Tom centric), and a lot of energy ... fans of the band's last two albums are going to love it. I think that "Dogs Eating Dogs" and "Pretty Little Girl" are the two stand-outs ... although the weird spoken/rap part of the latter is taking some getting used to.
1. Sherane a.k.a. Master Splinter's Daughter
2. Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe
3. Backseat Freestyle
4. The Art of Peer Pressure
5. Money Trees (feat. Jay Rock)
6. Poetyic Justice (feat. Drake)
7. good kid
8. m.A.A.d city (feat. Eiht)
9. Swimming Pools (Drank) [Extended version]
10. Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst
11. Real (feat. Anna Wise)
12. Compton (feat. Dr. Dre)
13. The Recipe (feat. Dr. Dre) [Bonus Track]
14. Black Boy Fly [Bonus Track]
15. Now or Never (feat. Mary J. Blige) [Bonus Track]
16. Collect Calls [Bonus Track]
17. Swimming Pools ...
The Wall Street Journal reported recently that Apple is in talks to license music with the intention of creating an online music streaming platform that would be targeted to compete with Pandora. In fact, Pandora, which recently became a publicly traded company, has seen its shares fall a pretty significant amount over the past week as the rumor about Apple's involvement in the online radio market has spread.
Any rumor about Apple playing a new hand in the music industry has to be taken seriously, which explains the reflex reaction of Pandora's stock drop. Apple already has what amounts to the world's largest record store in the form of iTunes, which sells more music than any other...
Liam and Me have posted the unreleased Lives We Might Have Lived on iTunes. This will, unfortunately, be the last release from the band. The band has also put the album up in a "pay what you want" format on their website.