Thursday have posted "Black Smoke" on their myspace. LOST, anyone? Equally cryptic as the aforementioned television show, there is also a countdown for December 3. Could this date mark our first listen to their upcoming Common Existence?
Thursday have posted an announcement about their signing to Epitaph Records. They have also listed their favorite Epitaph releases, along with upcoming dates with Rise Against. Read the whole thing in the replies.
The pre-order for the Thursday/Envy split can be found here. There you can also preview the new Thursday track, "As He Climbed the Dark Mountain", or you can get it here (right click, save as). Thoughts?
MTV has written an informative article about how United Nations' new album may not be able to be sold in stores due to copyright issues. There is also great discussion on the ideals behind the band and the response from their myspace feature.
Did you say, "I wouldn't call myself a critic, per se, but in my immediate peer group I'm known to be 'in the know.' As a matter of fact, I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone with a record collection that's half as good as mine. And seriously, that dude just can't sing. AUTO-TUNE central... I did intern in a studio, once, not really sure how it's possible for him to be both out of key and Auto-Tuned but whatever, worst singer ever."
Our friends at AltPress recently did an interview with Geoff Rickly (United Nations) about how the new band came about, the realization that they are screamo, and a new album that is similar to Kidz Bop (seriously). Check it out here. Hey, new album posted on their myspace tomorrow?
The track listing for Thursday and Envy's split EP can be seen below. It will be released on November 4, 2008. Check the replies for album art along with a press release. Three limited screen-printed album editions will be available exclusively through Temporary Residence's and Thursday's web stores starting September 15.
1. THURSDAY: As He Climbed The Dark Mountain
2. THURSDAY: In Silence
3. THURSDAY: An Absurd And Unrealistic Dream Of Peace
4. THURSDAY: Appeared And Was Gone (Remix by Anthony Molina of Mercury Rev)
5. ENVY: An Umbrella Fallen Into Fiction
6. ENVY: Isolation Of A Light Source
7. ENVY: Pure Birth And Loneliness
01 - “The Spinning Heart of the Yo-Yo Lobby”
02 - “No Sympathy For A Sinking Ship”
03 - “Resolution #9″
04 - “Model UN”
05 - “The Shape of Punk That Never Came”
06 - “My Cold War”
07 - “Filmed In Front of A Live Studio Audience”
08 - “Revolutions In Graphic Design”
09 - “I Keep Living The Same Day”
10 - “Subliminal Testing”
11 - “Say Goodbye to General Figment of the USS Imagination”
United Nations' self-titled release will be available on September 9, 2008 through Eyeball Records. The band, much ballyhooed for its inclusion of members from influential groups Thursday and Glassjaw, is described as "[featuring] prominent members of two bands you love, one band you hate and a few you never heard of." Pre-order the album here.
Thursday will be replacing Good Charlotte on this year's Groezrock Festival in Belguim this Saturday, May 10th. The band will also be making their way to the Philippines. More details are in the replies.
AP.net and Thursday would like to extend to you a video invitation to Thursday's New Year's Eve Party. Watch the vid and then vote for which song the band should play at midnight, which will automatically enter you for tickets to see the show and hang out with the bands. You don’t have to plan on going to the show to vote for your favorite song!
Remember that merchandise contest we did with Thursday a while back? Well, the band has chosen eight finalists and the winner will be determined by you. Vote here for your favorite. Were any of you selected?
According to thursday.net, this is the track list of Thursday's upcoming Kill The House Lights, due out October 30th on Victory Records. Note: This track listing confirms that the previously rumored full Starland Ballroom show from December 27, 2006 will not be on the DVD.
Track List DVD
1. Intro: Live from Starland Ballroom, Music: "Otherside of the Crash" (in reverse)
2. "At This Velocity" - Live at Starland Ballroom
3. "This Side of Brightness" audio clip of early Demo
4. "The Other Side of the Crash" Live at Starland Ballroom
5. "Mass As Shadows" Early Demo
6. "Streaks In the Sky" Live in Geoff's Basement
7. "Porcelain" Live
8. "Paris In Flames" Live at...
Thursday have selected Portugal. the Man and Circle Takes the Square as support on their upcoming, headlining tour. The New Jersey sextet will support their forthcoming package, Kill the House Lights, which is due out on October 30th courtesy of Victory Records.
The track listing for Thursday's upcoming Kill the House Lights can be seen below. The high-resolution artwork can be seen here. It comes out on October 30, 2007 via Victory Records.
1. “Ladies and Gentlemen: My Brother, the Failure.” (New Song)
2. “Dead Songs” (New Song)
3. “Voices on a String” (New Song)
4. “Signals Over the Air” (Live at Starland Ballroom)
5. “The Roar of Far Off Black Jets” (Full Collapse B-Side)
6. “How Long Is the Night” (w/Original Intro)
7. “A Sketch for Time’s Arrow” (New Song)
8. “Panic On the Streets of Health Care City” (Demo/WATT B-side)
9. “Paris in Flames” (Demo)
10. “Steps Ascending” (Live from the Grove)
11. “Wind-Up” (Demo)
Thursday will release Kill the House Lights, a collection of live tracks, b-sides and rarities, on October 30th courtesy of Victory Records.
1. Ladies and Gentlemen: My Brother, the Failure
2. Dead Songs
3. Voices on a String
4. Signals Over the Air (Live)
5. The Roar of Far Off Black Jets
6. How Long is the Night
7. A Sketch for Times Arrow
8. Panic on the Streets of Health Care City
9. Paris In Flames (Demo)
10. Steps Ascending (Live)
11. Wind-Up (Demo)
12. Music from Kill the House Lights