| | |
True Stories I Made Up
|So recently I've started a vinyl collection. I've been getting more and more into vinyl. I bought a record player two days ago to finally start listening to some of these records. Right now I'm currently listening to Say Anything's ...is a real boy. Sounds quite nice on vinyl. I also know how rare this album is on vinyl, that's why I own more than one copy. Only one copy is for listening pleasure. The first record I listened to on my new record player was Death Cab For Cutie's Narrow Stairs. That album sounds soooo good. You hear so much more. It's very nice. I think I'm going to see how Panic At The Disco's latest album sounds after Say Anything is up.|
Anyone have some good vinyl recommendations? I'm interested in the new Cold War Kids and Ryan Adams latest. I also thought about the newest UnderOATH as well as Anthony Green.
|Tags: vinyl, update, recommendations
|I recommend everyone checking out a young man by the name of Ben Talmi. His songs are great, and perfect for the season. Check out "Glam Girls". Great fucking song. Keep your eyes out for his debut album Forget, But Not Forgive.|
I also recommend the following:
- Capital Lights - What An Outrage!
- Forgive Durden - Razia's Shadow: A Musical
- This Providence - The Bright Lights EP
- Ludo - Ludo
- Say Anything - ...is a real boy/...was a real boy
I'm also going to recommend the following songs:
- Fall Out Boy - What A Catch, Donnie
- Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al
- Landon Pigg - Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop
I want to also recommend staying healthy by drinking lots and lots of water! This past week I was told I have a kidney infection and kidney stones. I've been in pain for over a week and that's what I found out after going to the doctor. So everyone, ditch the soda. Drink water and cranberry juice!
|Tags: recommendations, update, Ben Talmi, personal
|Update With Profile and Recommendations.
|So yeah I update a bunch of stuff on my profile. I added my last.fm user name as well as my user name for Buzznet. I thought I already did that, but apparently not. It's nice to have a little photo blog not right up at the top of this blog.|
My recommendations June 22nd 2008.
- Go Radio - Welcome To Life Jason really was the heart and soul behind Mayday Parade and this debut EP from his new band is just a breath of fresh air. Make sure you go and see these guys on tour and pick up this EP while at the show. It's the only way to get it.
- Socratic - Spread The Rumors This band is one of the most original bands around today. This album is a bit more poppier than their last, but with Mark Hoppus behind the boards on this one, it's set to be gold.
- Mika - Life In Cartoon Motion This dude is my guilty pleasure. Just do yourself a favor and listen to "Grace Kelly". You'll be hooked!
- The Format - Dog Problems This album is a classic. Not one bad, or boring song.
- Blink-182 - Discography After watching the Angels & Airwaves documentary Start The Machine, I've been on the biggest fix.
- Angels & Airwaves: Start The Machine This documentary is very insightful. It makes you respect Tom Delonge and it makes you understand the whole Blink-182 situation better. I've also gotten more respect and a better idea of what he's trying to do with AvA. He's still crazy though.
- Into The Wild The book is great and so is the movie. I've watched it a few times now. Doesn't get old. Pure classic. I almost bought Eddie Vendure's soundtrack for the movie, and I hate that guy.
- Stranger Than Fiction This movie is a great watch. Probably one of Will Ferril's best in my opinion. It's written very well and it flows easily.
- Arrested Development I think the show speaks for itself. Watch all the seasons on DVD. You can also buy them for $20 a season at Target.
- The Words of Every Song by Liz Moore If you're into music and the industry this one is for you. I may have recommended it before, but I'm doing it again.
|Tags: profile, update, recommendations