Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 41
Displaying posts 600 - 615 of 1697.
05:45 PM on 02/14/12
jyeck7
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Okay, I'm off to dinner with my Valentine for the night...but I just want to take one last opportunity to tell everyone in this chat that happens to read this post...know that you are important...your story matters very much...you play in an important role in what we call life...no one can replace you...you are powerful beyond your wildest dreams...fight for your story...it's your right as person...if you are struggling, ask for help...don't be afraid...hope is real, and help is very, very possible...

Peace to you on this lovely evening,

Jason.

P.S. Thank you TWLOHA for everything you've done for me, and everything that you are continuing to do for other people...
Allissa
User Info.
Any advice for someone feeling lost? That her life is passing her by but she is not really a part of it.

She's trying to figure out her purpose in life while trying not to dwell on the fact that she's 26 and everyone else around her is getting married and having babies---yet she's never had a boyfriend or even been on a date? She can't help but think that there must be something wrong with her.

She suspects that deep down the reason why she's still alone is that she doesn't love herself--if she doesn't love herself how can anyone else?

She thinks it was a mistake to spend so much time in school getting degrees--(even then she was avoiding the real world, trying to figure out what she wanted to do) and now she's in the real world, with a job that she is very thankful for, yet...

she is still lost and alone. and has no idea what to do to fix it.

I don't know why I that's in the third person. Just the way it came out as I typed.

I'm not really sure but I do feel like tese are the questions that we all dwell on. I know that i very often find myself just trying to find a reason for all of this, a purpose for the pain. I don't know why we hurt or why we feel the way that we do, but I suppose that is life. We struggle finding the answers and we struggle to even as the questions from time to time. But it is what makes us human, and I suppose that this may not be all of the good advice you were hoping for but you are not alone tonight, nor are you ever. I understand the feeling of having unanswered questions and I understand the feeling of not really knowing where to go from here.
TWLOHAjamie
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
What artists/bands are you guys listening to on this day? :)
i am DJ'ing at the moment. being silly playing love songs... t swift, adele...
TWLOHAjessica
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Mine's Emery. <3 :D
I'm one of the few country fans in the office! :) Not sure on my favorite band though.
ClassicStarfish
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
One of my dreams are to pursue a TWLOHA carreer.
You guys inspire me so much[:

To all those suffering--
-Keep holding on.
-There's always a way to make it through.
Alihope
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I just joined the street team!
carolfranco
User Info.
if anyone needs a funny visual to brighten their day, I am 6'1'' 287 lbs and got a netbook today. this is the technological equivalent of "Fat man in a little coat." I look ridiculous holding this thing.
HAHAHAHAHA
VenomX
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thank you for your kind words and the link to that blog post. Helps fight the feeling of loneliness. I appreciate your reply more than you'll ever know.
I'm glad I could help :) thank Jamie for the blog post though :) and I'm always here to talk to if ever you need.
sacrosa
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
jamie you like anberlin?!? Their my favorite band im obsessed with them!!
twlohaCaitlin
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Hi TWLOHA staff! I just wanted to take this wonderful opportunity to say THANK YOU. The influence TWLOHA has had on my life - especially in the past year when things have been especially difficult - is immeasurable. You guys give me SO MUCH hope and relief that I am not alone. Thank you so very much. I wish I had the time to start a UChapter here at the University of Delaware to give back but I'm a nursing student with so much on my plate already...if only there were more than 24 hours in a day! I really wish we had a chapter here!
Hey there! Well THANK YOU!!!! It's because people like you that we keep working hard to present a message of hope. UChapters can be kind of time consuming, especially with your school workload, but we encourage you to get involved at your campus in any way that you can! Keep being awesome!
sleer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Question about Internships: how soon after March 1st will people be contacted about whether or not they have been selected? I've just got a couple more questions to write out for my application before I sit down and actually get it done, and the wait from March 1st to decision time is going to be excruciatingly long! haha
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Hah, I saw it. I was too busy making fun of the Grammys. I'll remember it for POTW status at the end of the week.

first week back on site since post of the week was started
VenomX
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I just joined the street team!
Same :)
xFrail
User Info.
It's okay if you don't know what your question is or if you even have one. It seems like you're searching and reaching, and these are good things despite the part where they're hard. Which paragraph caught your mind? Why did you like it?
hello whitney(: thanks for the reply, and yeah i was trying to figure out quite a lot of things on my own for a long time and things were hard but ive had enormous support in the past 7 1/2 months. the paragraph thats been with me all day now was this one:

"i've been thinking lately that maybe i've confused a girl for God, a different one every year or two, since the first day of junior high. And man, that is a lot of pressure to put on someone, to make them God. That is a ton of power to hand someone. Especially when they're just a person. A person with questions and flaws and pain of their own.

So maybe there's a war, inside of me and for me and maybe my heart is the opposite of small. Maybe it's the opposite of cheap and empty and alone. Maybe it's sacred and enormous and wild."

it just got my mind going about my current relationship, and how much pressure i must be putting on my girlfriend without ever really even noticing it. ive got a lot of scars (figuratively) and shes trying to heal me,and ive dedicated everything to her for it. but i realized that has to be putting a lot of stress on her, and i dont know how to make it easier for her :/ im not even sure if shes really having issues with it, but i feel like i should do something. im afraid i may be to much, and shell become overwhelmed.
05:46 PM on 02/14/12
SoundwaveUproar
Registered Member
User Info.
to the twloha staffers, what songs help you get through the tough times, if you don't mind sharing.

Just think itd be cool for all the kids in the thread to go buy them and make playlists, that kinda thing
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests