Username
Password
Fat Wreck Chords News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fat Wreck Chords
Inside AP.net

Good Riddance Reunite

Posted by: Deborah Remus (02/16/12)
Good Riddance are reuniting after a five year break and they'll be playing at Resurrection Festival and Groezrock. More shows will be confirmed soon.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15.
01:33 PM on 02/16/12
jonskinny12
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great news! For some reason I never got to see these guys play, but I saw Russ with Only Crime and it made me really sad that I never got to see GR.
01:58 PM on 02/16/12
T-Lloyd
User Info.
Faaaaaaaaaaaark Yeeeeeeeeeeah! Amped!
02:14 PM on 02/16/12
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
This is pretty awesome news considering I never got to see them live...

EDIT: I was surprised they ever actually broke up. Honestly, I think it's weird when bands do that. "Indefinite hiatus" seems more appropriate, because inevitably most wind up doing something together down the road. Unless, of course, there's bad blood or whatever. Then it might make more sense. Semantics and shit...
03:50 PM on 02/16/12
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
Hometown show please! When I moved out to Santa Cruz a few years ago I'd hoped that I'd get the chance to see Good Riddance live- then I find out they're not around anymore. This'll be sweet.
04:11 PM on 02/16/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
This is pretty awesome news considering I never got to see them live...

EDIT: I was surprised they ever actually broke up. Honestly, I think it's weird when bands do that. "Indefinite hiatus" seems more appropriate, because inevitably most wind up doing something together down the road. Unless, of course, there's bad blood or whatever. Then it might make more sense. Semantics and shit...

Same, it's only been 5 years, haha. But I guess you never know, they probably wanted to make sure people went to the last show just in case.

And I highly doubt they'll play here, but if they do, I'll go. I saw Only Crime with No Use For a Name and Pour Habit back in 2009, that was a pretty sweet show.
04:27 PM on 02/16/12
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Same, it's only been 5 years, haha. But I guess you never know, they probably wanted to make sure people went to the last show just in case.

And I highly doubt they'll play here, but if they do, I'll go. I saw Only Crime with No Use For a Name and Pour Habit back in 2009, that was a pretty sweet show.
I missed Only Crime any time they came around here with the exception of Warped Tour in like, 2004 or 2005. Whenever they were on it. They played first on the main stage and absolutely killed it despite the tepid crowd.

As for Good Riddance, though, I was thinking about it today...And they get unfairly left out of a lot of "melodic hardcore/bands that fans of Strike Anywhere would like/No Trigger sounds like them" discussions. Not that there's a lot of those haha. But you get what I'm getting at maybe!
04:39 PM on 02/16/12
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I missed Only Crime any time they came around here with the exception of Warped Tour in like, 2004 or 2005. Whenever they were on it. They played first on the main stage and absolutely killed it despite the tepid crowd.

As for Good Riddance, though, I was thinking about it today...And they get unfairly left out of a lot of "melodic hardcore/bands that fans of Strike Anywhere would like/No Trigger sounds like them" discussions. Not that there's a lot of those haha. But you get what I'm getting at maybe!

I definitely think they're underrated, at least around this site.
06:37 PM on 02/16/12
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Wow, never thought Id see this day after the last show record came out on FAT... Groezrock just wont stop till they make every punk fan in the world who isnt going jealous. Got to see GR 4 times over the years (Iam old yes) They even played Warped Tour 2000...
06:38 PM on 02/16/12
TSLataris
Representin' the 514
User Info.
YESSSS!!! One of the first punk bands I ever got into.
07:30 PM on 02/16/12
thedude15
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm surprised that Good Riddance has reunited (considering they said they'd never reunite, and that they said their farewell shows were their last), though I'm stoked to hear this news! I was surprised when they broke up 5 years ago. I met Russ when he was touring with Tony Sly last year and he's a great guy. Hopefully I get to see Good Riddance, I never go to when they were originally together.
08:19 PM on 02/16/12
246toothpicks
User Info.
If only they played the east coast. I never got to see them after all those friggin years!
05:35 AM on 02/17/12
JinxRemoving
User Info.
Great news!
02:45 PM on 02/17/12
f2f_rules
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I saw good riddance 7 or 8 years ago (2005?) with nofx and against me opening. They stole the show, they were so good!
05:35 PM on 02/17/12
risew/thefallen
i was a teenage anarchist.
User Info.
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music