AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Death By Stereo

Posted by - 05:03 AM on 04/06/12
Orange County's Death By Stereo are back with Black Sheep of the American Dream, which will be released on April 24 via Viking Funeral Records. You can stream a new song entitled "5th of July" on the band's AP.net profile. The track features their signature combination of hardcore/punk and metal.
Frontman Efrem Schultz explains"The 5th of July" is about Kelly Thomas. A Man who was brutally beat to death by Fullerton police officers. This was a crime that they tried to sweep under the rug, but the people just wouldn't take it laying down. This song is about that murder and how we will not let the police go unpunished.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
05:08 AM on 04/06/12
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
User Info.
Deaths at their shows, death in their songs, death in their name. It's an inescapable theme!
07:06 AM on 04/06/12
failedXromance
User Info.
yeah....I remember them being...more hardcore. Less.....bullshit glam metal.
12:25 PM on 04/06/12
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
Really shocked that they're still around.
02:18 PM on 04/06/12
ReillyVerses
Night Verses
User Info.
rad guys and rad band. this new album is badass. punk as fuck live too, if they're playing around you don't miss out - seriously. corrupt fucking fullerton police force, have abused their power for as long as i can remember. pretty cool they wrote a song about this.
04:02 PM on 04/06/12
The Minn
User Info.
Death For Life is still badass to this day!
06:40 PM on 04/06/12
hotrod
2 legit 2 quit
User Info.
yeah....I remember them being...more hardcore. Less.....bullshit glam metal.
since when were they ever bulllshit glam metal? you obviously don't listen to them.
08:45 AM on 04/07/12
failedXromance
User Info.
since when were they ever bulllshit glam metal? you obviously don't listen to them.
The track at the top of this thread is pretty close to my definition of bullshit glam metal. Almost right now it actually.
12:59 PM on 04/07/12
hotrod
2 legit 2 quit
User Info.
The track at the top of this thread is pretty close to my definition of bullshit glam metal. Almost right now it actually.
bullshit glam metal is like black veil brides, avenged sevenfold, and whoever else i could care less for. If you listen to death for life, and even into the valley of death you'll hear they've done similar stuff before, they have always been a punk/hardcore band with metal influences and melodic tendencies they have survived without popular scene support for a long time, and are by no means deserving of any commentary that is questionable of their integrity.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos