Username
Password
TV News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 236.
09:22 AM on 05/08/12
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
i hate the word bitch, but i loved tony's performance. he amazingly took a rap song and reinvented it into hardcore twang. the only question i really have is, does christina really think she's a positive representation of the female gender? cause wearing assless chaps is hardly proof of purchase. ugh.
is there a specific outfit she's supposed to wear all throughout her life before being able to properly speak out? every time women in public choose to speak out, they're almost always brought down with this sort of criticism (what they wear, how they look, their attitudes, etc). nice job reinforcing that.
09:22 AM on 05/08/12
FourStarters
Summer Jam
User Info.
Christina Aguilera, eh? The one who wrote such classic and classy lyrics as...

He, he, ha I don't care what you looking at
Body so skinny but your head's so fat
Talky, talky, talky but you don't say shit
Got a way with words, you give me nothing, bitch

(from the song "Bobblehead")

and...

You've been a bad bad boy
I'm gonna take my time, so enjoy
There's no need to feel no shame
Relax and sip upon my champagne
'Cause I wanna give you a little taste
Of the sugar below my waist, you nasty boy

(from the song "Naughty Nasty Boy")

Tony covered the bluegrass version by Hugo for a singing competition. Christina covered "Lady Marmalade" for a massive single.
09:24 AM on 05/08/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
i hate the word bitch, but i loved tony's performance. he amazingly took a rap song and reinvented it into hardcore twang. the only question i really have is, does christina really think she's a positive representation of the female gender? cause wearing assless chaps is hardly proof of purchase. ugh.

He didn't really do that. He just took Hugo's cover of "99 Problems" and covered it.

09:24 AM on 05/08/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Guys! Guys! I just made my first meme!

09:26 AM on 05/08/12
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
yeah um Christina Aguilera has no place in criticizing anyone on this kind of subject matter.
09:27 AM on 05/08/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Man, every time I see a thread like this I wish I had that excellent Bill Maher column from the NYT where he talks about how everyone is too fucking sensitive and everyone has to apologize for everything they do or say. Good read and it gets to the heart of pointless debates such as this.
09:28 AM on 05/08/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Guys! Guys! I just made my first meme!

She does sluttier on a regular basis, but I like where your head's at.
09:32 AM on 05/08/12
Chuck!
In Chip We Trust
User Info.
is there a specific outfit she's supposed to wear all throughout her life before being able to properly speak out? every time women in public choose to speak out, they're almost always brought down with this sort of criticism (what they wear, how they look, their attitudes, etc). nice job reinforcing that.

You're misconstruing the criticism. The way she dresses doesn't invalidate her argument, but it is itself a much bigger problem than a Jay-Z lyric. Not to mention the lyrics are rather unoffensive; the word "bitch" is necessarily misogynistic now? Christ.
09:32 AM on 05/08/12
carcrashofahart
climb is all we know
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

yea, pants with an ass. i guess i should preface though, i'm not against women wearing sexy clothing, nor do i believe they welcome unwarranted attention for doing so, but if you're going to speak out for me, especially since i take female advocacy very seriously, please be able to substantially back it up, ie wearing pants with an ass. fuck, 99% (lol) of female performers don't even make it into pants before they hit the door these days! weird/sad.
09:33 AM on 05/08/12
kbushey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Coming from the woman who performed with a light-up heart on her crotch..nice.

The song is a conversation that guys have all the time. We all got a friend that is stressing about life when really they're stressing about a girl. It always comes down to someone saying there are worst things to worry about.

I didn't know that "Lady Marmalade" and "Dirty" were women empowering.

She trashes this guy anyways.
09:33 AM on 05/08/12
pete_fernandez
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hugo's original cover of "99 Problems"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=onDh4P1cE2E
09:34 AM on 05/08/12
inevitable
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
All he did was cover a cover. Hugo originally did the cover.
09:34 AM on 05/08/12
carcrashofahart
climb is all we know
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
All he did was cover a cover. Hugo originally did the cover.
i don't know who hugo is. i'm sorry.
09:36 AM on 05/08/12
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.
Who cares ? The song sucks anyways.
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

Holy shit.
09:38 AM on 05/08/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Who cares ? The song sucks anyways.