AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

UndertheGunReview News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

UTG Presents: Crystalyne EP Stream, Christofer Drew/Bryan Stars Op-Ed

Posted by - 02:24 PM on 06/05/12
Our friends at UnderTheGun have had a busy couple of days. They are streaming Crystalyne and States Away's new EPs, have an op-ed on the Christofer Drew/Bryan Stars situation that has inspired a lot of debate, and inspect the plot holes in Spiderman 3.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
02:30 PM on 06/05/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That op ed is good.
02:37 PM on 06/05/12
Raarzipan
Registered Member
User Info.
I felt it was a bit to bias towards Chris, his fans came up with the questions Bryan asked and Bryan has never tried to be "serious"
02:37 PM on 06/05/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
i'm curious to know what bands called Christopher Drew out?
02:47 PM on 06/05/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Quote:
n music, the focus SHOULD be on music and the process that goes into making it, not skinny jeans and haircuts. This is the point Drew drives home, but in a fashion that left much to be desired.
I like what he did there.
03:05 PM on 06/05/12
DisasterCode
http://funeralsounds.com/
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I know Kellin Quinn did.
03:15 PM on 06/05/12
2MoveOnIs2Grow
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Chris Fronzack from Attila, Tyler Carter and Michael Bohn(ex Woe Is Me), Stephan Jerzak, and Kellin Quinn from Sleeping With Sirens. Chris Drew then proceeded to do what he always does, and posted himself smoking weed.
03:22 PM on 06/05/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
Chris Fronzack from Attila, Tyler Carter and Michael Bohn(ex Woe Is Me), Stephan Jerzak, and Kellin Quinn from Sleeping With Sirens. Chris Drew then proceeded to do what he always does, and posted himself smoking weed.

Well I'm not taking sides in this story, but Christopher Drew didn't do his self any favors making enemies per se with other bands/band people.
03:24 PM on 06/05/12
2MoveOnIs2Grow
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
And as for the article, I think it was great. From havin met Bryan, he is very humble and doesn't like to be in the spotlight when off camera. Chris knew what the interview would be like, and went ahead and did it anyway. Yeah, Bryan's questions can get awkward and repetitive, but it gives bands a break from the stresses of touring. If NSN didn't want to do it, they could have easily said no. Other bands have. And when Bryan asked one of the members music questions, he blew him off with short answers.
03:25 PM on 06/05/12
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
when i watch a bryan stars interview it is because i want to see artists just chatting and hanging out, and he brings that out in people. i feel like a lot of the interviews about music have answers that are very planned or are based on telling fans what they want to hear, so its nice to see someone change things up a little bit. this drew guy knew what he was getting into when they agreed to do this, and somehow he is still butthurt about it. also, i have a lot of respect for other musicians who defended the stars guy, as it is easy to see the value in his interviews.
03:27 PM on 06/05/12
MObassman
Slappin' da bass in El Famous
User Info.
so i didnt watch the whole thing, just skipped to 35:00 where it apparently starts. i didnt think chris said anything tooo over the line, but he really didnt need to say it on camera. i can understand why he'd feel a little frustrated, but he should have just let the interviewer do his thing and said something to him off-record. it just kind of made himself look rude, not an image you want to go for
04:14 PM on 06/05/12
George_mm
Seaworld or go the fuck home
User Info.
Still want to like Spider-Man 3 so much, but its so hard.
05:32 PM on 06/05/12
glassinthesea
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
really like the states away songs!!
06:04 PM on 06/05/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
that Op-Ed thing was extremely one sided towards chris

"we're not going to take sides"

"but from a journalistic perspective heres why i think chris was right"
06:08 PM on 06/05/12
PepperminCherry
User Info.
I went to school with this kid and I see him around town on occasion. He was a dick then and he's a dick now, probably even more so than before. He's all talk and no talent.

With that being said, I understand both sides. I get that Christofer Drew and everyone else in the band are frustrated not being asked questions about their music, but they knew that's how this guy is, he just doesn't always ask about the music, which personally, I kinda enjoy when the interview asks non-music questions. But i also get when Bryan Stars was upset about being told he was a joke and that he needed to be 'real'. He seems pretty real, even if his real is kind of annoying.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos