Username
Password

Comments: Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 234
12:17 PM on 08/03/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
I never understood the appeal of Steve's stuff.
12:29 PM on 08/03/12
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
Also busts his ass. He played 150 shows last year. You figure in travel time and that means he was basically touring for the whole year.
He pressed play at 150 shows?

Seriously though, good for him! I don't like his music, but it's always great to see someone that use to be in this scene hit it big.
12:33 PM on 08/03/12
Beatzero
User Info.
Funny how in a Skrillex thread there are comments like "I respect him for what he does" etc., but in every other thread it's "SKRILLEX SUX OMG WHAT A JOKE." Actually, right after I posted this, I realized the post above mine proves this to a T haha.

Also, it makes sense that a single EDM artist is making more than a band of 3-6 people. More people just means less money per individual. Also, the business model is totally different for electronic artists. Where as a band needs a big loan to record an album (although this is now changing), a record label needs to step in and fund it, resulting in the label taking a larger share of the music ownership. An electronic artist doesn't need recording services to this same degree, as it is done on computers, not with mics and large format recording consoles.
12:52 PM on 08/03/12
Ferrari333SP
User Info.
Heck, there's an 18-year old from France named Madeon, and he made this track; kid is getting super popular. All you need to do now is know how to work the music programs on the computer, have some great musical/catchy ideas, and you're good to go. No studio/producer/album contract required

12:56 PM on 08/03/12
quickandsilver
User Info.
Hey everyone let's make a news website that revolves around reporting news that affects this guy. Seems to be a big market.
annnddd this affects me how?
01:06 PM on 08/03/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When you can make most of your music while on the bus, why the Hell not? He has the perfect system.
You would be surprised at how many bands write songs while on the road.
01:10 PM on 08/03/12
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
Seems like a nice guy and he definitely has been key in the popularization of electronic music, at least EDM. Doesn't change the fact that I do not like his music.
01:10 PM on 08/03/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Dangerous Summer played that many shows by the end of July.
Yeah, but is TDS one of the most well known bands in the world?
01:12 PM on 08/03/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I respect these guys for what they do, but seriously they are WAY overpaid. Guys in legit, signed bands bust their asses touring the world and leaving their families for months on end and don't even make 1/10 of what these DJ's make.

I don't think you understand how the music industry works. Those bands probably draw less than 1/10 the amount that Skrillex can draw so they deserve to be paid 1/10 of what he makes.
01:14 PM on 08/03/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I still don't understand how Steve Aoki is making more than Avicii and Afrojack. Both guys have hit songs on the radio while Aoki has Lil Jon shouting on his songs. I'm assuming it's because Steve tours a lot but still, Avicii and Afro play arenas when they do shows and headline festivals while Steve does small clubs.
Aoki owns Dim Mak.
01:21 PM on 08/03/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
Yeah, but is TDS one of the most well known bands in the world?

The question was not of fame but of hard working.
01:26 PM on 08/03/12
Co and Ca
What are you doing here?
User Info.
does he still have that stupid haircut?
01:27 PM on 08/03/12
Journey408
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
at least FFTL didn't sell their souls like this jackass
good for them for staying true
01:31 PM on 08/03/12
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
User Info.
"Staying true"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha.
01:35 PM on 08/03/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The question was not of fame but of hard working.
Yeah, I meant that it is extremely uncommon for one of the most well known artists in music to be playing that many shows.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos