Username
Password
Circa Survive News - Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 150 of 153.
09:29 AM on 08/23/12
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
Well that was a nice surprise! Woke up to find the album in my inbox a week early.
As this dude said, if you preordered the link's in your inbox and if you preorder now you get a link to the album right away. So if you downloaded the leak, it's really worth the $5 to support the band and get the album.

Plus, it sounds way better. It makes a huge difference.
10:18 AM on 08/23/12
Buscemi Knows Best
You owe me a Sausage McMuffin.
User Info.
I am going to cash in my download so hard when I get out of work today while I wait for the vinyl. Have only caved and listened to about 3 or 4 songs so far, and love it. Don't know what people expected, sounds like Circa to me? Maybe it's not a "listen to it once and be hooked" type of record, but they've never done that. Keep listening my friends, there is magic here.
10:22 AM on 08/23/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
this definitely takes more time to digest than BSN. There's a lot more musicianship on this one. After one listen through I'm not sold but I'm gonna give it time to grow
10:23 AM on 08/23/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
i agree with these suggestions. i cant listen to the stream atm because im at work, but which category would you place this album in?
I'd say the first. I wasn't a big fan of Circa til I heard Get Out. I loved BSN and like the first two records. To me, VW sounds a lot more like them than BSN
11:46 AM on 08/23/12
epaynedds
User Info.
Anyone else notice "my only friend" and "hit man" fade out instead of fading into the next song? Error?
01:16 PM on 08/23/12
danperez
User Info.
hey
wheres the song featured on their youtube account? the one where fans contributed lyrics?
i liked that song. will it be a bonus track then?
07:24 PM on 08/23/12
browneyedbutz
User Info.
It's definitely going to be a grower for me but it is typical Circa.

Off topic...some people on AP fight and cry like 6 year old girls. Chill the fuck out and grow up with the back and forth fighting.
08:33 PM on 08/23/12
ghsNICK!
To remember, and to let go.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I always find records that don't blow me away on the first listen are the growers that I love for a long time down the road. I think this is what Violent Waves is. Most records I hear for the first time that sound good at first (Neighborhoods for example) are forgettable months down the road. I think I'll grow to love this record. It's A LOT different than BSN but I don't mind.
08:54 PM on 08/23/12
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
User Info.
hey
wheres the song featured on their youtube account? the one where fans contributed lyrics?
i liked that song. will it be a bonus track then?
I was hoping for that as well, apparently it did not make it on the record.
06:42 AM on 08/24/12
tommybruce
lets pry her ribs open
User Info.
im a big circa fan and have loved every album/ep theyve released but i have to admit when i listened to the 30 sec clips on amazon i wasnt really feeling it. but now ive listened to it in its entirety, i think its their best album. the mellowness and chill factor makes this album and anthonys voice is beautiful on this record. every song seems to grow on you the more you listen, my personal favourite is blood from a stone.
09:58 AM on 08/24/12
jayromofo
User Info.
Why no blue name >.<
02:52 PM on 08/25/12
colincirca
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey Colin. Did you anticipate so much negativity to this album? I personally thought it was great. Not the best Circa album but I'm definitely satisfied. How are you and the band taking it?
i always anticipate to be surprised by reactions to our records. its interesting that this literally is the only place i have seen a large amount of negativity. as far as reviews, all of our other social media platforms as well as personal emails, this album has already received far more praise then any of other previous albums and its not even out yet. so i tend to focus on that. i think this site speaks to a very specific listener and if AP fans in general are not feeling it maybe that says something about our relationship to that type of listener these days. we have definitely grown as a band on each album and i do think that we will never be a band that puts out an album that is easy for everyone to love off the bat. so honestly, it doesnt matter that there is negativity about it, we'd prefer hate to indifference any day. strong reactions define good art in my opinion. but what do i know.

anyway, in reference to the downloading issue being debated by a few people. our position on it really hasnt changed all that much. we have always felt that if someone truly cant afford to buy our albums then we would always rather them download it illegally as opposed to not having it. we were more apt to say " go fucking download it" because we were in situations where a) we did not set the budgets b) because of said budgets we knew it was an impossibility that we would ever recoup the cost of the records and therefore never see money from record sales anyway c) we felt that there is a certain blame to be placed on the industry for the degradation of music as a commercial art form. d) we also always felt that albums were over priced. ask anyone who has come to see us live in the past 7 years how much we sold our albums for at our concerts... answer : $5. that is what we paid the labels for those records so essentially we made nothing on all of those as well.
now it is slightly different. we sustained ourselves financially throughout the writing process, we have paid or will be paying for the recording, the promotion,(videos, etc) the manufacturing and now are going to be paying for over seas travel that normally would come out of a tour support fund.
so we made the download $5. we know you can get that download for free, in essence we are saying, we would appreciate you supporting us by buying the $5 download. a coffee at starbucks can cost up to that much. a beer at a bar often costs that much. put it in perspective and tell me that an album of 11 songs is worth less than 1 coffee or 1 beer and ill smack you in the face. its just ignorant. if you are someone who lives month to month and saves every penny to pay for your rent and bills then fine. steal it instead, we wont hold it against you. we never have and never will. we are fighting for our livelihood in the most honest way we know how. the bottomline is if we are not supported then we will have to change how we do things or potentially not do it anymore. that is the bottomline for any musician who is self sustaining. many people dont understand the costs of doing what we do. they think that if you play to 1000 people a night in the states then you live in a mansion. most of our band still rents small shitty apartments. half of us dont even own cars. we are and always will be a working class band. we arent asking for handouts or pity. we have never wanted to be millionaire rockstars. all we have ever wanted was to do what we love for a living and we have done that for 8 years now and hope to continue to do that. and thats all folks. xoxo
09:18 PM on 08/25/12
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
i always anticipate to be surprised by reactions to our records. its interesting that this literally is the only place i have seen a large amount of negativity. as far as reviews, all of our other social media platforms as well as personal emails, this album has already received far more praise then any of other previous albums and its not even out yet. so i tend to focus on that. i think this site speaks to a very specific listener and if AP fans in general are not feeling it maybe that says something about our relationship to that type of listener these days. we have definitely grown as a band on each album and i do think that we will never be a band that puts out an album that is easy for everyone to love off the bat. so honestly, it doesnt matter that there is negativity about it, we'd prefer hate to indifference any day. strong reactions define good art in my opinion. but what do i know.

anyway, in reference to the downloading issue being debated by a few people. our position on it really hasnt changed all that much. we have always felt that if someone truly cant afford to buy our albums then we would always rather them download it illegally as opposed to not having it. we were more apt to say " go fucking download it" because we were in situations where a) we did not set the budgets b) because of said budgets we knew it was an impossibility that we would ever recoup the cost of the records and therefore never see money from record sales anyway c) we felt that there is a certain blame to be placed on the industry for the degradation of music as a commercial art form. d) we also always felt that albums were over priced. ask anyone who has come to see us live in the past 7 years how much we sold our albums for at our concerts... answer : $5. that is what we paid the labels for those records so essentially we made nothing on all of those as well.
now it is slightly different. we sustained ourselves financially throughout the writing process, we have paid or will be paying for the recording, the promotion,(videos, etc) the manufacturing and now are going to be paying for over seas travel that normally would come out of a tour support fund.
so we made the download $5. we know you can get that download for free, in essence we are saying, we would appreciate you supporting us by buying the $5 download. a coffee at starbucks can cost up to that much. a beer at a bar often costs that much. put it in perspective and tell me that an album of 11 songs is worth less than 1 coffee or 1 beer and ill smack you in the face. its just ignorant. if you are someone who lives month to month and saves every penny to pay for your rent and bills then fine. steal it instead, we wont hold it against you. we never have and never will. we are fighting for our livelihood in the most honest way we know how. the bottomline is if we are not supported then we will have to change how we do things or potentially not do it anymore. that is the bottomline for any musician who is self sustaining. many people dont understand the costs of doing what we do. they think that if you play to 1000 people a night in the states then you live in a mansion. most of our band still rents small shitty apartments. half of us dont even own cars. we are and always will be a working class band. we arent asking for handouts or pity. we have never wanted to be millionaire rockstars. all we have ever wanted was to do what we love for a living and we have done that for 8 years now and hope to continue to do that. and thats all folks. xoxo
Buying this album once wasn't enough. I'm gonna buy the vinyl as soon as I get money in my checking account. Fuck I love this band.
09:53 PM on 08/25/12
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.

Very inciteful as always. Thank you very much.
01:47 PM on 08/27/12
honestykills
User Info.

This makes me want to give you every cent that I have. You guys deserve it and more.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums