Username
Password
All Time Low News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 54.
09:37 AM on 09/19/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I dig this. Like many, aside from "Heroes" and one other song I can't remember the name of, "Dirty Work" just didn't want to be my friend. But, I like liking All Time Low again. Can't wait to pick this record up.
10:20 AM on 09/19/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
This chorus is growing on me with every listen. I like me some ATL with catchy lyrics to the point of where it seems like they didn't even try while writing them (while we all know it's often tedious to come up with the perfect combination of simple lyrics). that being said, i hope this album goes on a cheap-ass-hell sale at best buy or something so i can own the physical copy.
10:23 AM on 09/19/12
Fringe
highfive
User Info.
Still such a good song
10:37 AM on 09/19/12
Hotpants182
User Info.
this new song is really great
10:41 AM on 09/19/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Figured, didnt want to assume though. Who knows? I just felt they stopped pushing the song too quickly and moved onto Damned If I Do Ya
That's one of the few, yet very big, problems for Hopeless. They tend to move on to the next thing too quickly. All promotion for The Wonder Years' 'Suburbia...', Yellowcard's last two albums, and 'Nothing Personal' seems to quickly dwindle down once the album is released. I get that there is only so much you can do once an album is out and a month has gone buy and it's pretty much hit it's peak in sales. But they seem to give up too quickly and just go on to the next phase. Of course, you can see it as a problem or not a problem because their roster consistently puts out solid music.
10:57 AM on 09/19/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That's one of the few, yet very big, problems for Hopeless. They tend to move on to the next thing too quickly. All promotion for The Wonder Years' 'Suburbia...', Yellowcard's last two albums, and 'Nothing Personal' seems to quickly dwindle down once the album is released. I get that there is only so much you can do once an album is out and a month has gone buy and it's pretty much hit it's peak in sales. But they seem to give up too quickly and just go on to the next phase. Of course, you can see it as a problem or not a problem because their roster consistently puts out solid music.

I disagree regarding TWY. Their promotional stuff is absolutely top notch. That book, the Hank plushies, etc, bunch of dumb stuff that their fanbase eats up endlessly. Theyre doing insanely well. YC...probably. Here I Am Alive has the biggest shot of any band in this scene (disregarding fun. At this point) to have an enormous track this year.
11:10 AM on 09/19/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
I disagree regarding TWY. Their promotional stuff is absolutely top notch. That book, the Hank plushies, etc, bunch of dumb stuff that their fanbase eats up endlessly. Theyre doing insanely well. YC...probably. Here I Am Alive has the biggest shot of any band in this scene (disregarding fun. At this point) to have an enormous track this year.
Well, I didn't mean Merch stuff. I'm specifically talking about albums and songs. All Time Low and The Wonder Years have probably two of the most active merch stores in this entire "scene". But as far as promoting albums after the fact, or promoting singles, they (Hopeless) don't do particularly well. Sure, you can hear the new All Time Low songs on ESPN and they even had 'This Is How We Do' on a few times back in 2007, but outside of that, they fall short. It could be that All Time Low is just a easily marketable band. I mean, monkeys could market that band (What does that say about Interscope?), and that's why we don't hear 'Here I Am Alive' in the mainstream world, and Yellowcard or The Wonder Years didn't play any late night shows to market their albums.
11:15 AM on 09/19/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well, I didn't mean Merch stuff. I'm specifically talking about albums and songs. All Time Low and The Wonder Years have probably two of the most active merch stores in this entire "scene". But as far as promoting albums after the fact, or promoting singles, they (Hopeless) don't do particularly well. Sure, you can hear the new All Time Low songs on ESPN and they even had 'This Is How We Do' on a few times back in 2007, but outside of that, they fall short. It could be that All Time Low is just a easily marketable band. I mean, monkeys could market that band (What does that say about Interscope?), and that's why we don't hear 'Here I Am Alive' in the mainstream world, and Yellowcard or The Wonder Years didn't play any late night shows to market their albums.
TWY isn't a band that is "late night show"esque. They aren't a band that's going to move outside this scene more than likely.
11:22 AM on 09/19/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
TWY isn't a band that is "late night show"esque. They aren't a band that's going to move outside this scene more than likely.
That's true, but that isn't the only way to market a band. I agree that they are one of the harder bands to sell to someone, but there are still effective ways. They do well though, not to say Hopeless completely leaves their bands stranded in shit *Ahem-drive thru* but like we said before, they move very quickly, but that may just be what's necessary with the average consumer's attention span about 10x shorter than it was a decade ago.
11:47 AM on 09/19/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Also I think its funny how popular these lyric videos have gotten over the last couple years. It's basically a necessity to have one for all big singles. I thinks its pretty cool.

Probably because a lyrics video is better and easier to do than make a crapfuck video. These things rule, bands really need to release the lyrics to all of their songs if they don't already.

They keep killing me with the forced rhymes/song titles at the end of the choruses of some of these new songs. And I miss the days of the "Let It Roll" bridges...

Agreed with the first part, but Let It Roll is easily one of the worst songs SWIR.
11:50 AM on 09/19/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Yep, they are also very overrated.
12:01 PM on 09/19/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yep, they are also very overrated.
No, they are not. Fantastic band, at the lead of almost every other pop punk band out there. Putting a lot of the old classics to shame as well.
12:14 PM on 09/19/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
No, they are not. Fantastic band, at the lead of almost every other pop punk band out there. Putting a lot of the old classics to shame as well.
Well some of the old classics aren't good at all to begin with so even if that were true (which it probably isn't), it's not really an accomplishment.
12:33 PM on 09/19/12
pepster50
User Info.
wow i actually really liked the song
12:42 PM on 09/19/12
brian.yof
User Info.
Anyone else notice a slight The Starting Line sound right before the chorus?
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums