Username
Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 103
04:48 AM on 10/09/12
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
C'mon people, I get the criticism for Uno!, but this song is classic GD. Ok, it sounds like a good b-side, but anyway, it's really enjoyable. Great bass line, and the verses made me smile.
05:35 AM on 10/09/12
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
User Info.
I'm actually one of the ones who really enjoyed 21CB, maybe it's a bit too long but there are some fantastic tracks there, and it's not an "easy album" like Uno... I just can't understand why after doing 2 "Rock Operas" complex as they were in that genre, they resorted to making the lazy shitfest of Uno... but i guess they just wanted to Let Go and have fun, and IMO the result is awful.

They just lowered the bar too much. I still think you can create something light without getting to these levels of self-parody and recycling...
05:41 AM on 10/09/12
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
Love it!
06:07 AM on 10/09/12
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
User Info.
Good grief! Reading this thread is like watching a teenage girl trying to figure out what shoes to wear.

They're one of the most successful rock bands in the last 20 years. They make a ton of different kinds of songs. I personally was not a fan of 21CB or American Idiot, but I'm kind of enjoying this new stuff. It's essentially a triple disc album so it's almost guaranteed to have some hot garbage mixed in there somewhere. Just pick out the stuff you like, don't take it too seriously, listen to it, and STFU.
06:49 AM on 10/09/12
weirderthanu210
Love me
User Info.
Wait a minute...isn't that bassline used in that Jet song, like as the entire song?
07:05 AM on 10/09/12
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
This song is fucking fantastic. It's a perfect blend of Foxboro Hot Tubs and Green Day's signature pop punk. Amazing song.
Came in here to say this! I heard FHT in like the first 10 secs. This is better than all of Uno!
07:12 AM on 10/09/12
246toothpicks
User Info.
This is boring. Half the time I'm hearing mediocre versions of their old songs, the other half they're trying too hard to find a new sound. They need to spend more time writing what they like and less time churning out triple albums that span 3 different genres.
07:30 AM on 10/09/12
pucky
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is boring. Half the time I'm hearing mediocre versions of their old songs, the other half they're trying too hard to find a new sound. They need to spend more time writing what they like and less time churning out triple albums that span 3 different genres.
And what's the point of writing what they like if every time they try it in a new direction (Nightlife, Kill the DJ) everyone looses their asses to criticize them?
And who are you to say that this is not what they want/like to write? Do you think there is someone pulling a gun against their heads and forcing them to release this songs?

Your post is just another silly way of saying "I just want them to release what I would like them to do, and nothing more".
07:48 AM on 10/09/12
246toothpicks
User Info.
And what's the point of writing what they like if every time they try it in a new direction (Nightlife, Kill the DJ) everyone looses their asses to criticize them?
And who are you to say that this is not what they want/like to write? Do you think there is someone pulling a gun against their heads and forcing them to release this songs?

Your post is just another silly way of saying "I just want them to release what I would like them to do, and nothing more".
It just sounds very uninspired to me, so it comes off sounding rehashed. But then they'll take it in a completely different direction with no real natural progression, so it sounds forced. Kind of a weird back and forth with different musical styles.
07:53 AM on 10/09/12
pucky
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It just sounds very uninspired to me, so it comes off sounding rehashed. But then they'll take it in a completely different direction with no real natural progression, so it sounds forced. Kind of a weird back and forth with different musical styles.
Personally, I think that's exactly the point. Some songs of this trilogy have a similar sound to their old stuff, other belong to the FBHT sound, other ones are in a completely different style... I just can't see uninspired so much variety, it´s like a review of everything they've ever done in their career, plus some new things (but that's just my opinion).

Regarding Nightlife...well, obviously they are not going to make the greatest "rap" song ever, it's not their style, but I find it a pretty interesting experiment, catchy and innovating. I don't think it deserves so much hate, and I have the feeling that it is getting it because it is not the usual GD style, which seems to be what most of this forum want them to stick in (nevertheless this site is called "absolutepunk" for one reason).
07:58 AM on 10/09/12
Jasper112
Registered Member
User Info.
I wish Blink-182 would release 3 albums instead
Yes please
08:22 AM on 10/09/12
tefarez
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lazy Bones was great, didnt dig this one so much
08:35 AM on 10/09/12