AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Blink 182 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Mark Hoppus Confirms Blink 182 Plans

Posted by - 09:46 AM on 10/15/12
Mark Hoppus recently spoke to NME about Blink 182's future plans for recording a new album, sessions and touring.
From The Interview"Early next week I go back to Los Angeles to record an iTunes session for Blink-182, and we're starting to write the new record right now". Hoppus added that, "We're going to tour Australia in February with Blink... [so the] proper tour and the new album probably won't happen for about a year.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41
09:47 AM on 10/15/12
starsinhand
User Info.
boner
09:50 AM on 10/15/12
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
I'll be ready when it comes, but I bet it doesn't happen until 2014.
09:51 AM on 10/15/12
Just An End
Can your walls hold a gorilla?
User Info.
The album won't be recorded for a year, or it won't be released until a year passes?
09:59 AM on 10/15/12
WasteSomeTime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm betting they don't start recording for a year or so.
10:03 AM on 10/15/12
gonfreaks
User Info.
Summer 2014 is my guess for when the new album actually comes out. I'm stoked though, Neighborhoods may not have been as good as the self-titled but it was still a great album with some solid jams.
10:06 AM on 10/15/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Really stoked for an iTunes Session
10:07 AM on 10/15/12
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
User Info.
they should just tour australia in feb, take some time with thier families or whatever, then record together in the same room for however long it takes to create an album that is a sucessor to the untitled/self-titled in terms of songwriting and calibur, and then tour like crazy with alot those new songs in the set so it's not just a greatest hits tour just like the past 2 or 3. I'm stoked blink is back, and they have the capacity to be an even more gneration defying band than they are now, but the truth is, if neighborhoods didn't have blink-182, i really don't think i would have cared for that album outside of 2-3 songs, where as every song on self-titled i spun for quite a while.
10:11 AM on 10/15/12
davecerv
davecerv
User Info.
My thoughts exactly about it being out until summer 2014 haha. It's real cool that they will be doing an iTunes session, it will keep us somewhat entertained for a while. …blinkumentary? Anyways, I really enjoyed Neighborhoods. It was the first Blink 182 album I bought. "Ghost On The Dance Floor" is my favorite song ever since I first heard it, that song is gold to me. I listen to it everyday. Two songs were poop but thats okay. I was seventeen when that album came out. Yes I've heard the self-titled album but most of it didn't get to me. "Obvious", "Violence", and "Down" are the songs I really liked from that album. Now, I will say that I got in to AVA before I dived in to Blink 182 when Neighborhoods came out. After that I listened to the rest of the Blink 182 catalogue.
10:13 AM on 10/15/12
MarPontes
User Info.
Yeah.
10:15 AM on 10/15/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
I have high hopes for this. I really think they can do it right this time.
10:21 AM on 10/15/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
boner soup
10:26 AM on 10/15/12
kevinrguinn
User Info.
Can I pre-oreder now????
10:28 AM on 10/15/12
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.
Not to sound like an idiot (I don't use apple software or products), but what's an iTunes session? Acoustic or what?

A Neighborhoods/new record-heavy setlist on the next tour with their "explosive" singles included (WMAA, ATST, Rock Show, etc), as boring as those songs are to me now, still need to be in the set (unfortunately) for people that haven't seen Blink ever, or often. Hoping they go 18-20 on their next tour!
10:36 AM on 10/15/12
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
User Info.
woo

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT