AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Man In A Crowd Album Premiere

Posted by - 11:29 PM on 10/17/12
I don't know about you, but Pop-influenced Americana does it for me. Man In A Crowd certainly fits the bill, inspiring fond memories of Counting Crows, Augustana, Wilco, and even Death Cab For Cutie. Their debut full-length releases next Tuesday, but we've got an exclusive stream for you to check out. Head to their AP.net Profile to stream Don't Paint Your Days So Gray and leave your thoughts in the comments.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 34
07:13 AM on 10/18/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
Man I feel like I just got into this argument with another staff member...but Wilco? Really? I don't hear that in the slightest. Counting Crows and Augustana are more like it.
07:16 AM on 10/18/12
kneifelspy
She never sleeps.
User Info.
Def can hear the Augustana, and I am loving it!
07:32 AM on 10/18/12
mtprez2024
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Man I feel like I just got into this argument with another staff member...but Wilco? Really? I don't hear that in the slightest. Counting Crows and Augustana are more like it.
Early Wilco, especially A.M. was a big influence - the newer stuff not as much. But thanks for listening man. -Matt
07:35 AM on 10/18/12
mtprez2024
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Def can hear the Augustana, and I am loving it!
Thanks dude - pass it on!
07:35 AM on 10/18/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
Early Wilco, especially A.M. was a big influence - the newer stuff not as much. But thanks for listening man. -Matt
Fair enough. I obviously like the mid-career Wilco stuff the best, but A.M. is a really fun record that's overlooked way too often in my opinion. You don't get country-pop that's much better than that.
07:38 AM on 10/18/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
I also get a big Limbeck vibe from these tracks, which is super-cool
07:40 AM on 10/18/12
BPuskar
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've listened through about 3 times, each time gets a little better. Definitely a solid record!
07:42 AM on 10/18/12
Kirk3
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great album - I'm digging the harmony's, what is that a 6 part harmony on the first track?
07:47 AM on 10/18/12
danieljryan
User Info.
Love what these guys are doing! This stuff never gets old -- and always great to hear an organ skillfully used in modern rock...
07:47 AM on 10/18/12
mtprez2024
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great album - I'm digging the harmony's, what is that a 6 part harmony on the first track?
Haha yeah I think it's 7 parts actually.
08:10 AM on 10/18/12
HotDayumn
User Info.
Lovin' the 90s rock influences coming through.
08:40 AM on 10/18/12
brookssurrender
User Info.
I'm hearing a lot of Wallflowers too. So good.
08:42 AM on 10/18/12
acousticdee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Man In A Crowd is genius. Their creative talent flows beautifully together and has intertwined into an ear pleasing experience. My favorite tracks by far were 'Wine and Excuses' & 'Like the World Is Ending'. I felt transported to the summer time, with the sun shining and the music coming from a great outdoor stage. I can't wait to see MIAC live and experience their talent on a whole new level.

I truly believe that Man In A Crowd has something special. It's really worth the listen. From their inspiring lyrics to their beautiful voices, this band has created a sound that is guaranteed to take them somewhere great.
08:44 AM on 10/18/12
mtprez2024
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Man In A Crowd is genius. Their creative talent flows beautifully together and has intertwined into an ear pleasing experience. My favorite tracks by far were 'Wine and Excuses' & 'Like the World Is Ending'. I felt transported to the summer time, with the sun shining and the music coming from a great outdoor stage. I can't wait to see MIAC live and experience their talent on a whole new level.

I truly believe that Man In A Crowd has something special. It's really worth the listen. From their inspiring lyrics to their beautiful voices, this band has created a sound that is guaranteed to take them somewhere great.
Wow - thanks so much for the extremely well-written feedback. We really appreciate it!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos