I want a new username.
User Info.
Haha, I meant "neck" tattoo. Whoooops!
Haha I was just picking.
10:45 AM on 10/22/12
ChaseTx
Entitled user
User Info.
He's right though, it's inefficient and an extreme inconvenience to a law-abiding citizen to be held for 4 hours without a real reason. The fact that he was trying to pick up his kids makes it worse. When they do this to someone, they should be required to repay them for the inconvenience.

If it ever happens again, you don't have to consent to searches if they ask. If they do it without permission, you can file a complaint for an unlawful search.
Cops actually have a right to search based on "reasonable suspicion", which is up to their judgement, so whenever they want.
10:48 AM on 10/22/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
I get what he's saying, and maybe a car search was a little extensive. But he should try and understand that LAPD deal with gang members and dealers regularly who have illegal mods to cars and are covered in tattoos DAILY. Unless this cop insulted him, and/or blatantly profiled him, get used to it. You look like a crackhead Barker.
10:49 AM on 10/22/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Cops are assholes most of the time. Get a clue man...

With that being said Travis Barker is taking this like a little bitch
1st statement is debatable

2nd is not, good on ya
10:52 AM on 10/22/12
paperlung
this glass house is burning down
User Info.
Cops actually have a right to search based on "reasonable suspicion", which is up to their judgement, so whenever they want.

Not to mention if they have dogs and the dog gives any sort of reaction, that is definitely enough to be considered 'reasonable suspicion'.
10:56 AM on 10/22/12
HereOnAndOut
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He's right though, it's inefficient and an extreme inconvenience to a law-abiding citizen to be held for 4 hours without a real reason. The fact that he was trying to pick up his kids makes it worse. When they do this to someone, they should be required to repay them for the inconvenience.

He was held "4 an hour" not for 4 hours lol. That's not entirely unreasonable...and I think the biggest point is if u drive without a tag, expect to get pulled. Lol
11:03 AM on 10/22/12
ChaseTx
Entitled user
User Info.
He was held "4 an hour" not for 4 hours lol. That's not entirely unreasonable...and I think the biggest point is if u drive without a tag, expect to get pulled. Lol
ah, ok, shorthand threw me off, haha. Still a huge pain, and could have caused a problem if his daughter was waiting somewhere for him.
11:22 AM on 10/22/12
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
User Info.
Celebrities complaining about the authorities doing their duty annoys me so much.

EDIT: Profiles are made because they're generally true.
That is a ridiculously ignorant opinion. So is it alright to stereotype people too because stereotypes hold true "most" of the time according to your "logic"? People shouldn't have to fear being questioned by police because of how they look. If you aren't guilty of anything, it's pretty embarrassing/a big inconvenience to be questioned by police for no reason other than you look "suspicious". You obviously don't understand because you are sheltered and don't understand how things work in the real world. Put the shoe on the other foot and you probably wouldn't be making such a blasphemous statement.
11:26 AM on 10/22/12
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
Thanks for the post, that was really informative.
11:29 AM on 10/22/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So the same thing happened a year ago? Meaning, he got a fix it ticket a year ago and didn't fix it? Cops had the right to pull him over. Getting pulled over, rightfully, twice in the span of a year or so is not profiling.

And I doubt they "accused" him of having drugs or weapons in his car...they probably asked, like they ask most young people who get pulled over.

If they weren't "accusing him" then why did they detain him and search his car...?
11:59 AM on 10/22/12
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
12:08 PM on 10/22/12
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
Well in that case, you are very welcome, and I apologize for my skepticism.
12:14 PM on 10/22/12
IV.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Celebrities complaining about the authorities doing their duty annoys me so much.

EDIT: Profiles are made because they're generally true.
You and other people gave him the name "celebrity" Im sure if you asked him what he was he would say a normal guy that plays music. People forget that these "celebrities" are human. And he was just going off about something that makes him mad. Like a normal human being is allowed to do.
12:18 PM on 10/22/12
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
The Los Angeles police department police.

/thatguy
Hah, came here to say the same thing.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT