AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

03:50 AM on 10/19/12 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
Media is shit. All I hear is drama about the Yankees. Sportscenter headlines are "ALCS: Yankees down 3-0." The Tigers are getting no press in this series. Nobody comments on how well the Tigers are playing, all I hear about is ARod and Granderson not starting games. The Tigers starting pitcher rotation has been phenomenal this post season, and I only hear about it on local radio. A combined ERA under 1 for the four pitchers. Incredible.

/rant

Anyways, loving this game right now.

Question: Is the local radio relatively supportive of the team? I only ask because local radio here is essentially not. Even when the Yankees were trucking people in May/June, the focus was on how they hit "too many homers" and not on the fact that they were steamrolling teams.
06:48 AM on 10/19/12 
User Info.
brook183
@brooks_an
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
Question: Is the local radio relatively supportive of the team? I only ask because local radio here is essentially not. Even when the Yankees were trucking people in May/June, the focus was on how they hit "too many homers" and not on the fact that they were steamrolling teams.

The Valenti and Foster show (the main 2-6 sports talk show here) can be quite pessimistic, but it's usually warranted. Once they made the playoffs, the tone of the show definitely changed to a more positive tone.
06:53 AM on 10/19/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
08:26 AM on 10/19/12 
User Info.
brook183
@brooks_an
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
lololololol
08:28 AM on 10/19/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
The selfish man in me wishes the Yanks would've done better because goddamnit the Tigers are a scary fucking team to be up against if we finish the Giants off. But the baseball fan in me is ecstatic that they got shut down again.
08:32 AM on 10/19/12 
User Info.
brook183
@brooks_an
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
The selfish man in me wishes the Yanks would've done better because goddamnit the Tigers are a scary fucking team to be up against if we finish the Giants off. But the baseball fan in me is ecstatic that they got shut down again.

Should be a fun series, assuming the Cards get another win. I see it going 6-7 games for sure.
08:35 AM on 10/19/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Should be a fun series, assuming the Cards get another win. I see it going 6-7 games for sure.

Yeah if the Cards make it I think we're almost guaranteed 7 games. If we fall apart and the Giants squeak by us though there is no reason for you guys not to pull off another clean sweep, especially on almost a week's rest haha
08:50 PM on 10/22/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
official World Series thread: http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.p...ost1144 93002
07:15 AM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
CubbyNick42
@NickDevlin
Atlanta, GA
Male - 28 Years Old
Yeah if the Cards make it I think we're almost guaranteed 7 games. If we fall apart and the Giants squeak by us though there is no reason for you guys not to pull off another clean sweep, especially on almost a week's rest haha
Someone did not watch the '06 and '07 World Series...
08:42 AM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Someone did not watch the '06 and '07 World Series...

Yup that's right I'm a Cardinals fan and didn't watch the series in 2006.

Seriously though, there are some benefits and drawbacks to having a long break in the playoffs, and I think you know that.
10:31 AM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
CubbyNick42
@NickDevlin
Atlanta, GA
Male - 28 Years Old

Seriously though, there are some benefits and drawbacks to having a long break in the playoffs, and I think you know that.
Which is why acting like a sweep is inevitable after a layoff is asinine.
10:34 AM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Which is why acting like a sweep is inevitable after a layoff is asinine.

I obviously didn't clarify in my original post, but there are lots of reasons I think the Tigers will sweep the Giants besides simply that they're well-rested. My bad.
11:00 AM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
rcrook
Damage Control

why would he know that? he's a cubs fan!
11:12 AM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
why would he know that? he's a cubs fan!

Well...I wasn't gonna go there....this time

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version