Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 61.
12:01 PM on 10/24/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
I hear Blink got dropped because they don't travel in the same tour bus anymore.
12:17 PM on 10/24/12
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Looking forward to what could happen!
12:22 PM on 10/24/12
torres
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I doubt they got dropped. Incubus is also independent at the moment. Sony apparently offered them a very generous offer to stay on, but Incubus refused to re-sign with them. I expect the same happened with Blink 182.
12:43 PM on 10/24/12
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
Rumor has it the heads at Geffen dropped Blink because they thought Tom didn't look like he wanted to be there.
12:53 PM on 10/24/12
WhaleSnake
User Info.
are they forever independent? or just until they find another label? will it cost them less to put out an album now or more seeing there will be a huge demand and theyd have to print so many copies themselves as well as promote?
12:59 PM on 10/24/12
SureAsRain
The Motel Life / Michael
User Info.
Well, if blink-182 has been signed for 15 years, they probably didn't have a 360 deal. So the label would most likely have seen nothing from their touring profits, besides CDs sold on the road.

I imagine the deal just ran out though.

I can def see a situation where they had to either negotiate a new deal, since they were still on their contract from the hiatus, or leave the label. So they decided to just leave the label. I feel like if they really desired being unsigned, they would have discussed it more during the recent push of the last album.
01:00 PM on 10/24/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
I can def see a situation where they had to either negotiate a new deal, since they were still on their contract from the hiatus, or leave the label. So they decided to just leave the label. I feel like if they really desired being unsigned, they would have discussed it more during the recent push of the last album.
They were likely still under contract when they decided to come back, hence releasing Neighborhoods on Interscope.
01:01 PM on 10/24/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
are they forever independent? or just until they find another label? will it cost them less to put out an album now or more seeing there will be a huge demand and theyd have to print so many copies themselves as well as promote?
Their overhead costs aren't as high now that they all have their own fully stocked studios. Obviously distributing a record independently is more complicated, but I imagine they'll just find a distributor and handle it that way.
01:04 PM on 10/24/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Their contracted ended, the band did not renew.
01:13 PM on 10/24/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Man these guys are such All Time Low wannabe's!

01:13 PM on 10/24/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Their contracted ended, the band did not renew.
You're wrong -- they quit the label!
01:35 PM on 10/24/12
tdlyon
User Info.
I have a feeling they'll either sign to Tom's label To the Stars or start their own. Tom is very efficient at this kind of stuff judging from his work with AVA, so either way they should be fine.
01:40 PM on 10/24/12
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
Rumor has it the heads at Geffen dropped Blink because they thought Tom didn't look like he wanted to be there.
/thread
01:42 PM on 10/24/12
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
I love the comment mark makes about the end about his hair, and the band haha
01:43 PM on 10/24/12
iden22
close call
User Info.
I laughed.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News