AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Gaslight Anthem News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 43.
02:28 PM on 10/31/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
you're just wrong. your opinion on music is invalid. mine is valid.

happy halloween
Heh, when things like 'Here's Look at You, Kid" exist ... it's gonna be hard to top.
02:31 PM on 10/31/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
I wish Brian fallon would just put out a whole acoustic CD like separate from horrible crowes and gaslight. I always enjoy the stripped down acoustic songs he does.
02:52 PM on 10/31/12
brentstailing
User Info.
I have a huge Misery boner right now
03:03 PM on 10/31/12
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Not available in your country. Typical.
03:07 PM on 10/31/12
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
Dig this. I actually like the "Skinny Love" cover, although I can see some people's complaints about it. It doesn't alter the original drastically, but it definitely has a Gaslight vibe to it.
03:43 PM on 10/31/12
sakattack123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't think the Skinny Love cover is that bad. There's something so untouchable about that Bon Iver album that no cover will come close, but this is a solid attempt and most Gaslight fans should be happy to have it.
Agreed, but I'm confused what you mean by "that" Bon Iver album? I feel like as amazing as For Emma is, Bon Iver, Bon Iver is almost universally liked more?

Also I like the cover, the echo is an odd touch, but it's growing on me. Easily the best Bon Iver cover I've ever heard.
03:53 PM on 10/31/12
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
Agreed, but I'm confused what you mean by "that" Bon Iver album? I feel like as amazing as For Emma is, Bon Iver, Bon Iver is almost universally liked more?

Also I like the cover, the echo is an odd touch, but it's growing on me. Easily the best Bon Iver cover I've ever heard.

I think they're both loved universally. I meant that it's hard to recreate the raw passion from For Emma. That's such a non-studio album, you know? So creating a really polished version of a raw, barely produced song might throw some people off.
03:56 PM on 10/31/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
I don't think the Skinny Love cover is that bad. There's something so untouchable about that Bon Iver album that no cover will come close, but this is a solid attempt and most Gaslight fans should be happy to have it.
I don't believe any song is untouchable. This just doesn't add anything new to the song at all, much like his "Everlong" cover. Compare that to, say, his cover of "Teenage Dream" and it just pales.

For example, this cover of "Holocene":

05:13 PM on 10/31/12
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
not a fan of the Skinny Love cover. made if he kept his voice all in a lower range and they didn't try to ape the vocal layering.
07:03 PM on 10/31/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
an ep so soon?
07:34 PM on 10/31/12
Theow593
User Info.
It's no this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zznkuk5ZB-o

But that cover of Skinny Love is great.
07:50 PM on 10/31/12
Ferrari333SP
User Info.
"Misery" blows me away; just wow.
08:00 PM on 10/31/12
Ferrari333SP
User Info.
It's no this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zznkuk5ZB-o

But that cover of Skinny Love is great.
Amazing cover
08:17 PM on 10/31/12
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
I wish Brian fallon would just put out a whole acoustic CD like separate from horrible crowes and gaslight. I always enjoy the stripped down acoustic songs he does.
I've been screaming this for years. I swear I think there was plans of that back when The Blues Mary and Italian Lightning were floating around. I love the vibe of his voice over a single acoustic guitar.
10:10 PM on 10/31/12
salmarnirecho
several.
User Info.
Eh, Skinny Love was pretty cringe-worthy for me. Do really enjoy "Misery" and "Hold You Up" though.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums