Username
Password
Entertainment News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Entertainment
Inside AP.net

Entertainment Round-Up (11/04/2012)

Posted by: Thomas Balkcom (11/04/12)
Head to the replies to view and discuss this week in Movie, Television and DVD news.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 39.
01:19 PM on 11/04/12
Thomas Balkcom
www.twitter.com/thomasbalkcom
User Info.
Entertainment Round-Up
Industry News and Rumors:

Movies

01) Biggest news of the week: Disney has purchased LucasFilm and slated an untitled Star Wars: Episode 7 movie for 2015.

02) Saoirse Ronan will play the female lead in Wes Anderson’s next project The Grand Budapest Hotel. Anderson reveals that the movie will be set 85 years ago.

03) Jamie Foxx is in talks to play Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

04) Francis Lawrence, the director for Catching Fire, has signed on to direct the remaining Hunger Games movies.

05) Here’s a new clip and TV spot for The Silver Linings Playbook. Great movie, check it out.

06) Bryan Singer has signed onhttp://www.deadline.com/2012/10/brya...ture-past-fox/ to direct X-Men: Days of Future Past.

07) New pics from Django Unchained.

08) Frank Grillo will play the lead villain role, Crossbones, in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

09) Sin City 2 has begun shooting.

10) A sequel for The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is in the works.

11) Michael Fassbender and Colin Firth will star in the literary drama Genius, about the relationship between author Thomas Wolfe and his editor Max Perkins.

12) New character posters for The Hobbit and Les Miserables.

13) Foxcatcher, a drama by Moneyball director Bennet Miller and starring Steve Carrell as a mentally ill killer, has been picked up for a fall 2013 release.

14) V/H/S 2 is in the works.

15) John Cusack will star in an adaptation of Stephen King’s Cell.

16) Christoph Waltz joins The Muppets sequel as a villainous Interpol inspector.

17) Teaser poster for The Wolverine.

18) New poster with the Wicked Witch for Oz: The Great and Powerful.

19) Tarantino says that Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained could be the first two parts of a trilogy. Looks like a trilogy of Tarantino’s take on history.

20) Official poster for John Dies At The End.

Television

01) FX renews Wilfred for a third season with new showrunners.

02) USA cancels Fairly Legal, Common Law, and Political Animals. As long as we still have Suits...

03) Community will return in February.

04) Mythbusters will test the science of several Breaking Bad scenes in an upcoming episode.

05) Disney is planning a Boy Meets World sequel, titled Girl Meets World, focused on Cory and Topanga’s preteen daughter.

06) Fringe will end with a two-hour finale on January 18.

Newest Trailers

01) Despicable Me 2 - http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/despicableme2/
02) Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 3D - http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/29/hansel-and-gretel-witch-hunters-red-band-trailer
03) John Dies At The End - http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/johndiesattheend/
04) G.I. Joe Retaliation (international trailer #2) - http://www.slashfilm.com/g-i-joe-retaliation-international-trailer-2/
05) Quartet - http://www.slashfilm.com/quartet-trailer-mcgonagall-and-dumbledore-make-beautiful-music-in-dustin-hoffmans-directorial-debut/
06) Bullet to the Head - http://www.slashfilm.com/another-bullet-to-the-head-trailer-promises-middle-of-the-road-buddy-action/
07) Side Effects - http://www.slashfilm.com/side-effects-trailer-steven-soderberghs-last-pre-retirement-theatrical-film-features-an-overmedicated-rooney-mara/

Absolutepunk Entertainment Forum Links

Cloud Atlas

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Homeland
Parks and Recreation
The League
Skyfall
South Park
The Walking Dead
Lincoln

-------
sources: blogs.indiewire.com, deadline.com, nymag.com, hollywoodreporter.com, comingsoon.net, slashfilm.com, variety.com, deadline.com, avclub.com, collider.com, tvline.com, trailers.apple.com, moviephone.com,
-------
If you have a bit of entertainment news you'd like to submit for next week's Round-Up, send your submission to Thomas Balkcom with "Entertainment Round-Up" in the subject header.
01:36 PM on 11/04/12
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
damn, i thought the Muppets update said Christopher Walken was going to be the villain. i got excited, but then i looked again and it said Christoph Waltz... oh well.
01:37 PM on 11/04/12
stayillogical
She's a marshmallow
User Info.
I can't recommend Silver Linings Playbook enough. Surprised at how much I laughed. Really loved it, still thinking about it and can't wait to watch again.
01:39 PM on 11/04/12
shwaz499
User Info.
loving the suits mention. most underrated show on television. also, i can't help but be extremely intrigued by this boy meets world sequel thing. favorite show as a kid... just reading the name fills me with so much freaking nostalgia it hurts a little.
01:43 PM on 11/04/12
hurricaneoflion
Music Photographer & Viking
User Info.
damn, i thought the Muppets update said Christopher Walken was going to be the villain. i got excited, but then i looked again and it said Christoph Waltz... oh well.
Christoph Waltz should not be disappointing to hear though...I do agree that Christopher Walken would have been cool.
01:44 PM on 11/04/12
stayillogical
She's a marshmallow
User Info.
loving the suits mention. most underrated show on television. also, i can't help but be extremely intrigued by this boy meets world sequel thing. favorite show as a kid... just reading the name fills me with so much freaking nostalgia it hurts a little.

Haha yes, I can't wait for it to come back. January is getting close! Louis Litt is seriously one of my favorite tv characters, the show is so entertaining.
01:46 PM on 11/04/12
bradsonemanband
User Info.
Christoph Waltz should not be disappointing to hear though...I do agree that Christopher Walken would have been cool.
i can't recall seeing Christoph Waltz in anything before so i have no expectations there.
01:49 PM on 11/04/12
stayillogical
She's a marshmallow
User Info.
i can't recall seeing Christoph Waltz in anything before so i have no expectations there.

Inglourious Basterds. It's a must watch. Just the first 15 min and you'll get why he's a terrific villain.
01:49 PM on 11/04/12
echostem
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Girl Meets World? We've ruined enough of my childhood cartoons so now we're moving on to live action?
01:57 PM on 11/04/12
Chrisj182
User Info.
Inglourious Basterds. It's a must watch. Just the first 15 min and you'll get why he's a terrific villain.
Too true, a highly underrated actor.
01:57 PM on 11/04/12
shwaz499
User Info.
Girl Meets World? We've ruined enough of my childhood cartoons so now we're moving on to live action?
If they do it right (doubtful I know) it will be a huge benefit to kids. That show had a spirit that no kids shows have anymore.
02:01 PM on 11/04/12
rollerman4221
Woof!
User Info.
"As long as we still have Suits..."

truer words have never been said
02:04 PM on 11/04/12
bradsonemanband
User Info.
If they do it right (doubtful I know) it will be a huge benefit to kids. That show had a spirit that no kids shows have anymore.
Michael Jacobs would have to most likely be on board, otherwise they might try too hard and ruin it.
02:29 PM on 11/04/12
Aneurisms07
User Info.
GIRL MEETS WORLD?! COREY AND TOPANGA?! BEN SAVAGE AND DANIELLE FISHEL?!

I literally just screamed out loud at my computer. They better not tarnish Boy Meets World. What about Shawn, Eric, Mr. Feeny? Ugh this hurts...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS