AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Green Day News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 62.
03:15 PM on 11/05/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
And yet still better than the last 3 GD albums.
I don't see why all the hate for Neighborhoods - I love it. And agree with this statement.
03:21 PM on 11/05/12
heartsdivided
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sounds a little like a Cat Stevens melody.
03:30 PM on 11/05/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
And yet still better than the last 3 GD albums.
yeah, thats not true at all.
03:32 PM on 11/05/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
yeah, thats not true at all.

Sure it is. The last 3 GD albums (21, UNO, Dos) are unlistenable. I cannot make it through any of them front to back. That's not good.
03:32 PM on 11/05/12
DooDooBird
User Info.
sounds a little like a Cat Stevens melody.
haha. maybe a little.

03:35 PM on 11/05/12
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
Didn't know people don't like 21CB. I thought all in all it was pretty solid.
03:39 PM on 11/05/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Sure it is. The last 3 GD albums (21, UNO, Dos) are unlistenable. I cannot make it through any of them front to back. That's not good.
well let's get out the fact that none of the records in question are quality releases, so there's not much to weigh one against the other. however, I can listen to Uno and Dos without getting bored. maybe I'll get annoyed, but not bored. Neighborhoods is straight boring.
03:42 PM on 11/05/12
ShayDe
User Info.
not bad
04:21 PM on 11/05/12
benjammin07
User Info.
With Dos, every new song that found its way online has been met with positive comments, except the one with Lady Cobra. How can it have gone from "I like this much better than anything on Uno", "This sounds great, like Foxboro", etc, to being such a disappointment?

THIS. what in the holy fuck. I haz a major confuse
04:36 PM on 11/05/12
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
User Info.
people praising Stay The Night? God, it was awful...

I still think 21st is solid, maybe a bit too long but it really delivers... As someone pointed out, gimme that over Neighborhoods any day. That was boring and production wise it lacked a lot of energy in the mixes....

meh, still Uno is shitty and now my hope for dos is slowly disappearing...
04:40 PM on 11/05/12
JoeForPresident
Vocals/Guitar - Modern Chemistry
User Info.
THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT!
04:43 PM on 11/05/12
tdlyon
User Info.
Ok, I'm about to give up on this fucking site. You people will bitch about literally ANYTHING Green Day does now, just because they're not remaking Dookie. Get this right now: THEY WILL NEVER REMAKE THAT ALBUM. THEY HAVE EVOLVED WAY PAST THAT SOUND AT THIS POINT. Uno was great, and listening to the leak of Dos, it's at least ten times better than Uno. This band has never made a completely awful album, and probably never will unless their sound changes drastically.

Okay, rant over.
05:01 PM on 11/05/12
evanmeindl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This sounds great. Haven't listened to Dos, but all the songs minus that one awful one sounded great too.
05:19 PM on 11/05/12
CapitalG24
User Info.
Ok, I'm about to give up on this fucking site. You people will bitch about literally ANYTHING Green Day does now, just because they're not remaking Dookie. Get this right now: THEY WILL NEVER REMAKE THAT ALBUM. THEY HAVE EVOLVED WAY PAST THAT SOUND AT THIS POINT. Uno was great, and listening to the leak of Dos, it's at least ten times better than Uno. This band has never made a completely awful album, and probably never will unless their sound changes drastically.

Okay, rant over.
Agreed, but in a less shouty format. Felt like Uno is really easy to listen to. Love what i've heard of Dos. Loved American Idiot and 21, every album before and after Dookie has been great in its own way.
05:38 PM on 11/05/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Agreed, but in a less shouty format. Felt like Uno is really easy to listen to. Love what i've heard of Dos. Loved American Idiot and 21, every album before and after Dookie has been great in its own way.
Agree with all of this, they have never put out a bad album in my opinion, though Uno is probably their weakest. I probably come across like a desperate apologist but if a Green Day album deserved to be panned I'd accept that. It frustrates me when PunkNews and other sites which are especially critical of pop-punk are praiseworthy of the new albums, and fucking All Time Low fans on here claim they're shit.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests