NewAgeofHorus
User Info.
I will most likely get this
08:29 PM on 11/06/12
PopPunkHero
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ugh want that shirt. def worth the $20
<object width="640" height="480"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="https://www.facebook.com/v/10151166455742962"></param><embed src="https://www.facebook.com/v/10151166455742962" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="640" height="480"></embed></object>
08:44 PM on 11/06/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Sad stuff. Is it safe to assume that this band will not go on?
Suicide Silence with (Insert singer's first name here).

To be honest, I doubt they'll go on as SS. I can see the band going with a new singer under a different name.
09:01 PM on 11/06/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Also, I donated $20 for this. I hope this is successful for them!
10:04 PM on 11/06/12
heron182
User Info.
was a fan of their earlier music. caught them a few times live too. and seeing him in no room for rockstars showed me how awesome and caring of a person he was. Gonna donate and rep the shirt in his honor. RIP Mitch We miss you greatly. condolences to his family, friends, and brothers in suicide silence
10:44 PM on 11/06/12
Raarzipan
Registered Member
User Info.
Maybe that's what is, or maybe, as I just realized, he was the same age as my brothers, and that brings things quite a bit closer to home.

For me it is a combination of how young he was how he died and mostly seeing the pictures of him and his daughter. I know people who have grown up without a father or mother due to tragedy and know how much they dwindled on it. Knowing a five year old girl is growing up without a dad who loved her the way he did just kills. Especially if you see his interviews where he talks about her.
10:53 PM on 11/06/12
The_Effort
User Info.
For me it is a combination of how young he was how he died and mostly seeing the pictures of him and his daughter. I know people who have grown up without a father or mother due to tragedy and know how much they dwindled on it. Knowing a five year old girl is growing up without a dad who loved her the way he did just kills. Especially if you see his interviews where he talks about her.

Agreed. It's one of the saddest things to hear or see. He seemed like a good man from what I've seen and heard. Whole situation sucks, but especially for his child.
12:14 AM on 11/07/12
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
I'm not sure why, because I didn't listen to their music much, but Mitch's death hit me harder than any previous death in "the scene". It breaks my fucking heart that this beautiful little girl will never see her father again.

03:18 AM on 11/07/12
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
Donated.

These pictures are cute.
03:47 AM on 11/07/12
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
I'm so donating. His daughter is adorable.

Edit: Apart from that this is a tragic cause, and I can't help but feel terrible for his family and friends.
06:07 AM on 11/07/12
PepperminCherry
User Info.
Yeah, I saw those pictures from some music festival where she's playing on her scooter and he's on his skateboard, and you could tell he just loved her to pieces. The only thing is, according to his wife, he was an alcoholic, and that's what killed him. I just hope when she gets older, she doesn't think 'He must have not loved me enough to not go out that night'. That's hard shit to deal with. I have a friend who lost her mom to almost identical circumstances, and she's just a mess now.
07:35 AM on 11/07/12
Raarzipan
Registered Member
User Info.
Yeah, I saw those pictures from some music festival where she's playing on her scooter and he's on his skateboard, and you could tell he just loved her to pieces. The only thing is, according to his wife, he was an alcoholic, and that's what killed him. I just hope when she gets older, she doesn't think 'He must have not loved me enough to not go out that night'. That's hard shit to deal with. I have a friend who lost her mom to almost identical circumstances, and she's just a mess now.

Im sorry for your friend i honestly would be devasated if i lost someone because of an addiction. I watched the video of his wife at the memorial and she sounds like she is just dying inside describing the situation and what happened. The poor kid is going to grow up and every halloween think about her dad driving drunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD2EGVe4aHk&feature=youtube _gdata_player
08:57 AM on 11/07/12
Freshman15Davey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Im sorry for your friend i honestly would be devasated if i lost someone because of an addiction. I watched the video of his wife at the memorial and she sounds like she is just dying inside describing the situation and what happened. The poor kid is going to grow up and every halloween think about her dad driving drunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD2EGVe4aHk&feature=youtube _gdata_player

Wow. His mom talking tore me up. Damn.
10:55 AM on 11/07/12
deFobbed14yrs
Legal Drug Dealer
User Info.
not a fan of this band but i will definitely donate. he seemed totally legit in No Room for Rockstars.
exactly. he seemed so sweet and obviously loved his daughter so much. this sucks so bad.
11:00 AM on 11/07/12
deFobbed14yrs
Legal Drug Dealer
User Info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD2E... _gdata_player
that video hurts so much.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News